Shortest waits between pop albums

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SCHEISSEMONTRE
16 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Oh give me a break. JT's was a part 2. Ariana's a complete different album and sound with new singles and most importantly it had actual hits, and she could still have made other singles from the last albums. It is something new with out any doubt.

And Michael Jackson?

Mychal

littlepotter
6 minutes ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

And Michael Jackson?

Girl........... he was literally 14 at the time. Those don't count.

chaeri pls

Interesting list! Great work :applause:

Can you, please, provide the link to the longest-wait one?

Also, what about Dolly Parton? I mean, yeah she's a country artist (read: country legend), but she has many pop albums too, and she used to release multiple albums in a year :oprah:

maybe @Rumours1977 can help? 

Anderson123

Future released an album a week after releasing another one. I know it's about pop but I guess he's popular? I don't know if you're including Hip hop stuff here.

ImpossiblePrincess
1 hour ago, ARTPOP AURA said:

but where are they? :trollga:

On music services?

Search us up

Lee Dlugosz (that’s me btw)

Joby Bond

Matt The Martyr

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow! Any reason why she took so long? I made a longest list yesterday too, by the way, but just focusing on popstars.

She failed to gain popularity, so she went back to being a denist

Nicogly
12 hours ago, Esteban said:

Yes! And Ty segall too but I wouldn't call that pop. The production, promotion and creative process is very different from pop, it's more like a huge work in progress imo (like some djs) and there is way lesser people behind the projects sont it's easier for them to do what they want when they want and I love that :D

i know jajajaj i use pop too broadly, but for me rock=pop anyways, cool that u know ty segall, i wish gaga did somehting with him

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Esteban
7 hours ago, Nicogly said:

i know jajajaj i use pop too broadly, but for me rock=pop anyways, cool that u know ty segall, i wish gaga did somehting with him

Ok that's funny because everybody have a different conception of what pop is. For me it's a way of production and distribution and has nothing to do with musical styles, everything can be "popised" if it's taken into the pop machine.

Pharamon
On 2/10/2019 at 12:25 AM, Sharyu said:

FYI, the longest wait between albums is by an artist named Linda Perhacs with a gap of 43 yrs and 11 months.

Gaga about to beat that record, lmao jk

StrawberryBlond
On 2/10/2019 at 5:42 PM, TeenIdle said:

Robyn Body Talk Part 1 - Part 2 was less than 3 months.

I know, but I was focusing on the biggest ever pop names as opposed to those are more niche.

On 2/10/2019 at 6:18 PM, ARPiT said:

Interesting list! Great work :applause:

Can you, please, provide the link to the longest-wait one?

Also, what about Dolly Parton? I mean, yeah she's a country artist (read: country legend), but she has many pop albums too, and she used to release multiple albums in a year :oprah:

maybe @Rumours1977 can help? 

Thanks, and here's the link:

Yeah, I'd view Dolly as country which is why I didn't include her. I know GGD responds better to pop threads. Of course, her longest gaps are the ones in this decade but yeah, she has so many multiple releases a year that I don't know if I could be bothered counting them all!

On 2/10/2019 at 6:51 PM, Alan123 said:

Future released an album a week after releasing another one. I know it's about pop but I guess he's popular? I don't know if you're including Hip hop stuff here.

No, it has to be properly pop, although I did include very RnB orientated acts who many consider pop. But Future is unquestionably rap/hip hop, so no.

6 hours ago, Esteban said:

Ok that's funny because everybody have a different conception of what pop is. For me it's a way of production and distribution and has nothing to do with musical styles, everything can be "popised" if it's taken into the pop machine.

I personally believe the term as a shorthand for popular is so outdated, it's more what older people say back when that's purely what the term meant. But for years, it became a genre all its own that has a distinct sound. I think the fact there is a pop category at the Grammys confirms that the definition changed long ago.

Archived