💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Shortest waits between pop albums

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

Prince - 4 months 10 days. (Chaos and Disorder - Emancipation [which was a 3cd set sksk])

Honestly, if you look at Prince's album discography with his backing bands (The Revolution, NPG, 3RDEYEGIRL etc.) then this albums usually came out a year or less after the last, with the exception of a few, which would be most likely less than 2 years apart. @StrawberryBlond

lives behind the aura

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaUnderYou
1 minute ago, ARTPOP AURA said:

probably :messga:

I hope she at least releases a stand-alone single, maybe the Bloodpop collaboration? Announce LG6 Fall 2019 and release the album during the 2020 run of Enigma.

StrawberryBlond
10 minutes ago, ARTPOP AURA said:

Prince - 4 months 10 days. (Chaos and Disorder - Emancipation [which was a 3cd set sksk])

Honestly, if you look at Prince's album discography with his backing bands (The Revolution, NPG, 3RDEYEGIRL etc.) then this albums usually came out a year or less after the last, with the exception of a few, which would be most likely less than 2 years apart. @StrawberryBlond

2 minutes ago, ARTPOP AURA said:

another Prince one..

The Vault - Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic

10 weeks.

there's probably shorter so i'mma check that @StrawberryBlond

I only thought of Prince after the fact. Should I count him as pop? He's always done a whole bunch of genres. And I haven't included him on the other list.

8 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Delete we don't claim MJs Childhood albums/ pre-OTWall

It doesn't really matter what fan/public perception is of the artist or how young they were, an albums an album. I know you probably mean this as a joke, but just saying.

1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I only thought of Prince after the fact. Should I count him as pop? He's always done a whole bunch of genres. And I haven't included him on the other list.

I would say yes, although, as you say, he did do a range of genres but these albums I've listed are mostly pop/r&b so i would count it.

He probably doesn't have an album that came out long enough before the last to be included on your last list though..

lives behind the aura

StrawberryBlond
5 minutes ago, ARTPOP AURA said:

Prince released 2 separate albums on the same day, a few hours apart presumably.

Chocolate Invasion and The Slaughterhouse (2004)

@StrawberryBlond

I've edited the list to include him with an explanation and added him to my longest album wait with 4 years between 20Ten and Plectrumelectrum. incredible how he just never stopped making albums and I never found out what the reason was for why he released nothing between 2010 and 2014 when he was always an annual releaser and sometimes even more than once a year.

5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I've edited the list to include him with an explanation and added him to my longest album wait with 4 years between 20Ten and Plectrumelectrum. incredible how he just never stopped making albums and I never found out what the reason was for why he released nothing between 2010 and 2014 when he was always an annual releaser and sometimes even more than once a year.

He most likely had records planned but scrapped them.. just like Dream Factory and Camille or the Black Album (which did eventually get released). His vault was huge and contained enough music for us to have an album a year for the next century, so we'll probably get music recorded in that time soon.

Plus, he recorded all of the albums after Plectrumelectrum were recorded in that time with either some songs recorded before or after then, but most, if not all songs from Plectrumelectrum, Art Official Age and Hit n Run phases 1 and 2 were recorded then.

lives behind the aura

ImpossiblePrincess

I mean me and my friends release albums normally every 2-6 months 

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

littlepotter
17 hours ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

Yet everyone says she’s doing something different when MJ And JT did it before her. Smh

Oh give me a break. JT's was a part 2. Ariana's a complete different album and sound with new singles and most importantly it had actual hits, and she could still have made other singles from the last albums. It is something new with out any doubt.

chaeri pls

1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow! Any reason why she took so long? I made a longest list yesterday too, by the way, but just focusing on popstars.

Her record label wasn't promoting the record and it didn't really go anywhere chart/sales-wise so she went back to her normal job (something to do with dental), then in the 90s, it grew a cult following and got reissued multiple times, leading her to create a second album in 2014; nearly 44 years after her first in 1970.

lives behind the aura

15 minutes ago, Franchesca said:

I mean me and my friends release albums normally every 2-6 months 

but where are they? :trollga:

lives behind the aura

Archived