Apple Music
lgbt

Fox News: Mike Pence is NOT anti-gay

Featured Posts

Ferrara

I'm a gay man who knows he's been falsely accused.

President Trump made a bold declaration in his State of the Union address Tuesday calling on "Democrats and Republicans to make the needed commitment to eliminate the HIV epidemic in the United States within 10 years. Together, we will defeat AIDS in America."

The House chamber erupted in an ovation - and among the first to stand applauding was Vice President Mike Pence. If that doesn't seem like the response one would expect from an anti-gay bigot who supports so-called "gay conversion therapy," that's because it isn't.

Despite false accusations made against him, Mike Pence is not anti-gay. As a gay man myself - and someone who not only cares deeply about these issues but advocated on behalf of the LGBT community myself for years - this is not an assertion I make lightly.

At the root of the vice president's erroneous mislabeling as an anti-gay extremist is Pence's admittedly poor handling of the passage of Indiana's version of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in 2015 during his term as governor of the state. The legislation asserted that government "may not substantially burden a person's exercise of religion" - a rather specific law with narrow applications.

Pence went on the offensive, declaring: "If I saw a restaurant owner refuse to serve a gay couple, I wouldn't eat there anymore," while calling for a détente between advocates of religious liberty and those working toward LGBT equality.

Pence then became the first governor in Indiana history to sign protections into law based on "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" - hardly the actions of an anti-LGBT crusader.

Changing one's "sexual behavior" is far different than changing one's "sexual orientation." In fact, at the time of Pence's proclamation, LGBT advocates were working to promote safer sexual behaviors themselves with condom distribution programs and public education campaigns about HIV transmission.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/mike-pence-is-not-anti-gay-im-a-gay-man-who-knows-hes-been-falsely-accused

• LMAO 11

Batwings

Right. I'm also a Gaga insider, and she'll be performing the first single from LG6 at the Grammys and then surprise release the album on iTunes immediately after. :ally:

• Like 2

derpmonster

So we just gonna pretend he wasn't complicit in the deaths of so many by ignoring the AIDS crisis and directing funding from AIDS research to conversion therapy? :ladyhaha:

We love traitors in our community who don't give a f*ck about others because they're either trying to hard to please the straights or too privileged (see "rich and white") to face discrimination anyway. :nails:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

derpmonster

From the article:

There is absolutely nothing – nothing at all – in Mike Pence’s record to indicate he sees himself as a culture warrior who believes LGBT Americans are the enemy.

:lmao:

Here's what there is in the record:

40 minutes ago, Ferrara said:

Here’s what Mike Pence have said on LGBT issues over the years:

http://time.com/4406337/mike-pence-gay-rights-lgbt-religious-freedom/

• Like 2

JevyDuty

I came here to laugh. Are they really trying to clean his image up NOW? lol too late

• Like 1

Meruk Holland
44 minutes ago, Ferrara said:

Pence then became the first governor in Indiana history to sign protections into law based on "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" - hardly the actions of an anti-LGBT crusader.

Is he referring to the amendment Pence made to the RFRA? The amendment he was basically forced to make after he damaged Indiana's reputation and economy with the RFRA? The amendment that prohibited discrimination of "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" only in regards to the RFRA?

• Like 2

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Meruk Holland said:

Is he referring to the amendment Pence made to the RFRA? The amendment he was basically forced to make after he damaged Indiana's reputation and economy with the RFRA? The amendment that prohibited discrimination of "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" only in regards to the RFRA?

Yup. And the author isn't ignorant. He knows it fully well.

So sad to see self hating sellouts sometimes.

• Like 2

FATCAT
4 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Another article by this person: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/are-liberals-really-ready-for-republican-transgender-bruce-jenner

Deadnaming Caitlyn Jenner. Classy. :awkney:

Is he even gay or just a hack bought by Faux News to act gay to "own the libburrrllls"

Just because someone likes men doesn't make them smart. Money doesn't discriminate.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

derpmonster
4 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Just because someone likes men doesn't make them smart. Money doesn't discriminate.

It makes them more likely not to like people who discriminate against them, even if handouts by Fox News don't.

Meruk Holland
7 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Another article by this person: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/are-liberals-really-ready-for-republican-transgender-bruce-jenner

Deadnaming Caitlyn Jenner. Classy. :awkney:

Is he even gay or just a hack bought by Faux News to act gay to "own the libburrrllls"

In that same article, it talks about how 21% of the LGBT are conservative. Or maybe it said Republican. I don't want to reopen it lest Chrome starts suggesting Fox ads. Either way, that means that's a one in five chance. So there's a good chance he really is gay. 

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

In that same article, it talks about how 21% of the LGBT are conservative. Or maybe it said Republican. I don't want to reopen it lest Chrome starts suggesting Fox ads. Either way, that means that's a one in five chance. So there's a good chance he really is gay. 

Is that article the best source for truth though? :ohwell:

FATCAT
11 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

It makes them more likely not to like people who discriminate against them, even if handouts by Fox News don't.

More likely, but there's still some dummies out there.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Like 1