Apple Music
society

Gucci apologizes for “blackface” sweater

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • LMAO 3
  • Shook 1

Borislshere

I’m fully convinced these fashion brands make controversial pieces just to get attention. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Economy

I mean was that their intention? Does it really look like blackface painting? Or is it just SJWs reaching for something to criticize

Edited by Economy
  • Like 7

ZacharyMark
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

I mean was that their intention? Does it really look like blackface painting? Or is it just SJWs reaching for something to criticize

Enough with “SJW”. This is pathetic, and people are pissed.

• Like 6
  • LMAO 2

Economy
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

Enough with “SJW”. This is pathetic, and people are pissed.

SJWs blowing things out of proportion is a thing

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Zander
8 minutes ago, Economy said:

Anything representing a black face with red lips is just a huge no especially when a luxury brand is selling it. Prada just had the same issue with one of their accessories recently. It’s an incredibly sensitive cultural subject and people should know better. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

ZiggyZiggs

Who approves this stuff?? Black material with red lips like seriously?

10 minutes ago, Economy said:

:awkney:

Acceptance
  • Like 2

derpmonster
Just now, XC1792 said:

Anything representing a black face with red lips is just a huge no especially when a luxury brand is selling it. Prada just had the same issue with one of their accessories recently. It’s an incredibly sensitive cultural subject and people should know better. 

Thank you. The lips definitely make it much worse because that's how blackface has historically been depicted. Black paint and big red lips. 

• Like 4

ZacharyMark
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

SJWs blowing things out of proportion is a thing

Yea, all two of them. While people are literally getting killed and oppressed by the system that anti-SJWs champion. I’m tired of this new wave of excuses that somehow gives racists and homophobes a pass and blame the victim of systemic hate. But congrats, we got Trump out of it. Advocates for equity or now seen just as bad as nazis because some idiot had to coin the SJW due to hurt white  feelings.

• Like 4
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

Economy
Just now, derpmonster said:

Thank you. The lips definitely make it much worse because that's how blackface has historically been depicted. Black paint and big red lips. 

Just now, ZiggyZiggs said:

Who approves this stuff?? Black material with red lips like seriously?

:awkney:

Ok fair enough. I didn't know about the red lips part

Knowing that it doesn't look like as much of a reach

• Thanks 1

Eddie
13 minutes ago, Economy said:

If you squint your eyes you can see it's racist :stalkga:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

derpmonster

This reminds me of the $400 jacket that a company began selling with had "f*ggot" spray painted all over. 

There was a whole debate about whether the intention was as a reclaimed word for gay people or what. Bad idea regardless because if I were really rebellious and wanted to wear a jacket like that, I would paint one and not buy one for $400 :awkney:

The target audience was... Nonexistent. 

Edited by derpmonster

Economy
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

Yea, all two of them. While people are literally getting killed and oppressed by the system that anti-SJWs champion. I’m tired of this new wave of excuses that somehow gives racists and homophobes a pass and blame the victim of systemic hate. But congrats, we got Trump out of it. Advocates for equity or now seen just as bad as nazis because some idiot had to coin the SJW due to hurt white  feelings.

There are people in modern society that take things to an extreme and try to find problems with everything and anything even when it isn't a real issue. It isn't always excuses

However I will conceed that it isn't the case here. I wasn't aware of the red lips part of it

Edited by Economy

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Economy said:

There are people in modern society that take things to an extreme and try to find problems with everything and anything even when it isn't a real issue. It isn't always excuses

However I will conceed that it isn't the case here. I wasn't aware of the red lips part of it

That is true. I just get annoyed by the term "SJW" because people use it often to discredit those bringing up actual issues but ones we haven't thought about before. 

People who take things too far, I call them Twitter trolls. Sometimes it's the other side trying to make people who care for social justice look bad. Like that whole gender neutral Santa debacle. No ONE actually wanted that. A conservative website made it all up to make progressives look petty and bad. :awkney:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1