Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sean Penn defends Bradley Cooper and ASIB

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Bradley
13 minutes ago, smitherz said:

lmao this is the nail in the coffin of ASIB’s awards campaign. Very not cute. 

18 minutes ago, Bio said:

Ignore her, she drinks

May I know what Sean said that made you guys comment that? Didn't he praise the movie and Bradley as a filmmaker?

Is he supposed to say bad things?

smitherz
1 hour ago, Kitsch said:

May I know what Sean said that made you guys comment that? Didn't he praise the movie and Bradley as a filmmaker?

Is he supposed to say bad things?

Sean Penn is a nasty ass dude. Look into his history. Not necessarily someone I would want speaking for me. 

Also, it just comes off as a puff piece to try and win some sympathy for Bradley. Academy voters won’t feel sorry for someone who was nominated for 3 Oscars (correct me if I’m wrong) just because he missed one nomination. The article is just unnecessary and I truly am wondering who asked him to do this. 

Also: “Surely a raised glass is as legitimate as a globe of gilded gold or a male statuette minus a penis (also gold gilded). God forbid it have balls this year!” <— messy. 

Bradley
29 minutes ago, smitherz said:

Sean Penn is a nasty ass dude. Look into his history. Not necessarily someone I would want speaking for me. 

Also, it just comes off as a puff piece to try and win some sympathy for Bradley. Academy voters won’t feel sorry for someone who was nominated for 3 Oscars (correct me if I’m wrong) just because he missed one nomination. The article is just unnecessary and I truly am wondering who asked him to do this. 

Also: “Surely a raised glass is as legitimate as a globe of gilded gold or a male statuette minus a penis (also gold gilded). God forbid it have balls this year!” <— messy. 

Ok I didn't know what he did in the past but I thought the things he said were complimentary of Bradley and the movie so I was confused as to why everyone acts like he bashed the movie or something.

Bradley was nominated for four Oscars before A Star Is Born, now has has seven. Anyway I guess what Sean was trying to say is that Bradley did a wonderful job and the Academy might think he's one of the biggest filmmakers in the industry and will be making more movies so there is a chance to nominate him in the future, the same way how people thought Glenn should win and that Gaga will come back some time later.

The movie is still nominated for 8 Oscars after all, while I would love for him to get a Director nomination, I think the Academy has shown a lot of love for him.

nodandsmile
10 minutes ago, Kitsch said:

Ok I didn't know what he did in the past but I thought the things he said were complimentary of Bradley and the movie so I was confused as to why everyone acts like he bashed the movie or something.

Bradley was nominated for four Oscars before A Star Is Born, now has has seven. Anyway I guess what Sean was trying to say is that Bradley did a wonderful job and the Academy might think he's one of the biggest filmmakers in the industry and will be making more movies so there is a chance to nominate him in the future, the same way how people thought Glenn should win and that Gaga will come back some time later.

The movie is still nominated for 8 Oscars after all, while I would love for him to get a Director nomination, I think the Academy has shown a lot of love for him.

I feel like he knows that in terms of wins it might not do that well, but he just really loved the movie lol and had to say smth!

For the part in bold: I said to a friend the other day that he'll probably win in a near future for a performance that will make people wish he had won for ASIB :ladyhaha:

Inferno
3 hours ago, smitherz said:

Hes an outspoken dude and liked the film a lot thus felt compelled to write an "in defense of" seeing as people within the industry seem to be turning their nose up at the immense hype the film generated. hes basically saying, don't just shun the movie because its popular, its popular for a reason. is it necessary? nah, but he did it and who tf is gonna read it anyway? just us and some movie people like no biggie lol ya'll are being drama for real.

Archived