💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

TU,N Marks the Start of Ariana Grande Fatigue

Kimmo

Featured Posts

giphy.gif

"I admit that I'm a lil' messed up / But I can hide it when I'm all dressed up / I'm obsessive and I love too hard,” Ariana Grande admits on her new song "Needy." It might be one of the truest things she’s ever said.

Thank U, Next, the child-star-turned-pop-diva’s fifth studio album, dropped late last night, landing with a bit of a thud: Her technical prowess is still undeniable and there are a handful of effective moments, but the whole thing feels like a cheap champagne hangover

The pop diva’s new album mostly rings hollow, the work of an artist who seems to have lost track of her personality and purpose.

Sweetener, her previous album, came out less than six months ago. And it’s hard not to read Thank U, Next as a set of leftovers from these same 2018 sessions, or an unnecessary sequel to Sweetener’s shining brightness. Sweetener, recorded and released during Grande’s wacky whirlwind relationship with Pete Davidson, felt rushed and ethereal in a fun way; Thank U, Next feels like she’s scrambling to distance herself from Davidson and that period. She's pivoted from head-over-heels codependent lover to confident single party girl in mere months. 

There’s something overwhelmingly Drakeian about Thank U, Next, like it’s the second half of an abandoned dark-light double LP project. While Grande doesn’t go to the same Faustian levels of hardcore navel-gazing as Drake, the two have more in common than perhaps people assume. Grande, like Drake, is a former child star who has let her online persona start to subsume her. They’re both great at the art of mimicry; the flipside is they often don’t seem to have real personalities. This record rings mostly hollow, like the sound of someone realizing she doesn’t know who she is anymore.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/critic-thank-u-next-marks-start-ariana-grande-fatigue-1184392?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

I mean would the HR lie?? 

tenor.gif

Hottie Detector

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bleachella

This is ONE article. Y’all are so quick to belittle and put down every female artist BUT Gaga. 

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, SUBURBIA said:

This is ONE article. Y’all are so quick to belittle and put down every female artist BUT Gaga. 

So people should not be allowed to post articles about female singers? Let alone have an opinion that isn't full of praise..

In all honesty this is a very well put together album. Almost every song if not every other is an immediate hit.

its her fame album when it comes to quality although not new but definitely fresh

i say she has has more control over this album and sweetener too than any other.

when DW came out I loved it but felt like something more was missing and I recall saying that “when she’s allowed to do her own stuff and not what corporate wants her to do she will be Huge and here is TUN to proof it.

PerfectCure

Gaga started TFM era not even half a year after her last single from her first one dropped, does that mean she used leftovers? No.

I love the album and I don’t have anything against people who don’t but bringing this girl down just because she’s at her peak is sad.

Go Ariana! :legend:

mr.peter

a lot of people seem to be into it after looking on my IG feed. And people seem to really relate to tracks like Ghostin and Needy. Isn't that purpose and personality right there. 

DelusionalGaga

I don't agree with this analysis at all. This album has more personality than any of her previous ones. She's actually fully coming into her own. 

Infinity Wave

They clearly haven't listened to the album yet cuz it's amazing

And I don't get this "meaning" thing, it doesn't always have to have a meaning

She just wanted to put out music

Just enjoy it for god's sake

Colourful

Bloody hooker

She hasn’t lost her way or personality. She felt like putting out some new music to reflect her current mood. Everything doesn’t have to be well thought out.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived