💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did "thank u, next" pleasantly surprise you?

Stef

Featured Posts

Queen of bops Ariana dropped her new **** today, I'm sure y'all know :whitney: 

After the singles run, I was worried that, in the same way as sweetener, they put out the best songs too early and the rest of the album would be a bit of a dud, but I was real shocked to find out just how many of the songs I claim, the singles ended up being the worst songs on the album to me, :air: 

NASA, bloodline, fake smile, bad idea, ghostin', needy, in my head, all bops! 100x better than the nintendo beats Pharrell was serving on 75% of sweetener :whitney: 

How about y'all??

Also: stream my ultimate Ariana 5th studio album, featuring the best of sweetener and the best of thank u next, between the two albums, there really is a career best here for her :applause: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Also, Ariana bring Max Martin back to executive producer role for your seventh album, his tracks really make this album even better :giveup: Ilya and Tommy Brown outsold too :applause: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Regina George

Yes! Maybe releasing bad singles before album drop is good strategy... Because of that I didn’t expect much but the album is literally one of best I heard.. 

AMENiCURE

It sure did to most of us. Honestly, she could've just pulled one era and had one album similar to your AG5 playlist. Sweetener was a huge waste of space. make up was what Pharrell was trying to achieve but couldn't and it could replace all the Pharrel tracks easily. Imagine AG5 with only the highs of both the albums :nooo:

Trxstan

For me, it's a grower album. Upon first listen, I found all of the songs to be generic and boring except for Needy and the singles. But now, after a few listens, Im starting like a few of the songs. In summary:

Immediate disappointment, gradual appreciation

woop hey there keep scrolling

2 minutes ago, Trxstan said:

For me, it's a grower album. Upon first listen, I found all of the songs to be generic and boring except for Needy and the singles. But now, after a few listens, Im starting like a few of the songs. In summary:

Immediate disappointment, gradual appreciation

Sometimes I prefer to sit with an album, really delve into the sounds and learn to appreciate, rather than scream "yaasss sis! bop, wig!" at every song and lose interest after like two days :air: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

DiscoHeaven23

No tbh,

overall its definitely a more cohesive album than Sweetener. 

But the high moments of Sweetener beat the high moments of thank u next

And she has yet to make anything like Dangerous Woman yet. 

Widows Kiss

Bloodline is a huge bop, Max snapped. Ghostin is great but everything else is kinda mediocre or straight up bad.

SCHEISSEMONTRE

Eh, it’s like sweetener but with some good songs and bops 

imagine, needy, ghostin, NASA, and Title Track are her best in the album. The rest are ether the same with the trap beat or just unoriginal. That’s my opinion of the album listening it two times. 

Mychal

Pleasantly surprised is a good way to put it.

I don't think it's revolutionary. Some of it may even border barely hitting the standard of "decent pop song". But (maybe it's because I expected worse) I like it. It flows nicely, I wasn't as bored as I was listening to Sweetener, and there's one song in there that I really enjoyed. Ghosting, I think.

7 Rings is also much more enjoyable while listening to the whole album, as opposed to by itself, in my opinion.

3 points in and ready for more

Also, break up with your girlfriend i'm bored was... way more boring than I thought it would be.

3 points in and ready for more

Lord Temptation

It sounds like Migos circa 2016.

Quite surprised she went down such an obvious route, after the surprise of Sweetener.

Archived