Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Shallow Originally Was Just End Credits Track

Economy

Featured Posts

My bet is that ‘Is That Alright?’ was going to be THE song of the movie. 

Both powerful songs in their own ways, but Shallow is more unique, so I’m glad the change happened. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
1 minute ago, Miracle said:

The best decision they made. Shallow was the best moment in a movie in 2019. Imagine Ally's first performance being an ADELE third single...(DJWS commented on a previous interview he thought ITA was going to be the big song on the movie)

ITA has very powerful vocals and it sounds like a nice mainstream ballad but with more quality than most ballads

It definitely wasn't stupid on his part to assume that. It had potential as a single if they chose to push that one

And unlike INLA it doesn't take so long to get to the good part of the song and that alone I think would make it a better candidate for a hit ballad in terms of commercial success although I personally still think INLA is the superior track

Just now, Economy said:

Honestly if the intro was just a little shorter I think it would have that kind of potential cuz the song is so beautiful and powerful.

It's actually my new favorite song of all time. It was Paparazzi for many years but now INLA is my new favorite of all time I think it's just amazing

But again, almost an entire song goes by, by the time the slow intro ends, most in the GP don't have patience for that and I see that hindering the potential of the song commercially speaking...

If the intro was half the time, then I think it would be a different story

Even I who loves this song to death sometimes skip the first 2 Minutes cuz I just wanna go straight to the part of the song that is actually epic!

Yes same here, sometimes I just skip it completely for emotions reasons, it reminds me my mom so it's pretty much killing me haha

I wish there was a proper radio edit that cuts all the drama and going straight to the point and up to the climax, the song worth it, the gp worth hearing it.. and there's still a potential for the song to become big.. they just need to use a proper short version..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Economy
Just now, Vegas said:

My bet is that ‘Is That Alright?’ was going to be THE song of the movie. 

Both powerful songsmith their own ways, but Shallow is more unique, so I’m glad the change happened. 

Yeah as I said on my comment above I also think that track had huge potential for a single

But shallow was a good choice too

I think there's a few tracks that could of worked:

Shallow

ARUTW

ITA

INLA

I think all 4 of them could of worked as the highlight of the movie and had commerical success. The only one I have slight doubts about it INLA just because of how insanely long the intro is which may bore a lot of the audience and GP but if people could get past that it had potential also

The first 3 definitely for sure

Miracle
1 minute ago, Economy said:

ITA has very powerful vocals and it sounds like a nice mainstream ballad but with more quality than most ballads

It definitely wasn't stupid on his part to assume that. It had potential as a single if they chose to push that one

And unlike INLA it doesn't take so long to get to the good part of the song and that alone I think would make it a better candidate for a hit ballad in terms of commercial success although I personally still think INLA is the superior track

A big part of what makes ASIB the both critical and commercial success that it is is its combination of edgy and mainstream elements. ITA as the main song and Bradley Cooper drowning would probably have taken the movie to a better shot version of 70s ASIB level, when we got something completely different. ITA is very nice but I'm glad they left it out of the movie for tone purposes. It just doesn't have the indie Father John Misty - Kacey Musgraves ballad that's all over the first act

Economy
8 minutes ago, Miracle said:

A big part of what makes ASIB the both critical and commercial success that it is is its combination of edgy and mainstream elements. ITA as the main song and Bradley Cooper drowning would probably have taken the movie to a better shot version of 70s ASIB level, when we got something completely different. ITA is very nice but I'm glad they left it out of the movie for tone purposes. It just doesn't have the indie Father John Misty - Kacey Musgraves ballad that's all over the first act

Valid point

Honestly I just feel like there's no right or wrong here...

I feel like there's a few songs that could of worked just as good as shallow depending on how the movie story was told etc and how they shifted it around

At the end of the day Shallow worked very well so no reason to worry about what else could of hypothetically worked

My only regret is that I love INLA to death I wish it got more attention, even if just 1 live TV performance to promote it more but I'm just glad we got such an amazing track

Defmix100
1 hour ago, Unbeweavable said:

Oh i was sure I've watched or read something about the guy dying by drowning :air: maybe I'm getting it confused with something else

I think in the last one he dies in a car crash

• 2 weeks later...

Archived