Gaga Daily Youtube
lgbt

Serial Killer (Who Targeted Gay Men) CAUGHT!

Featured Posts

En_Sabah_Nur

Bruce McArthur, 67, confessed Jan. 29 to killing eight men from 2010-2017. Many of his victims frequented bars in Toronto’s Gay Village neighborhood. (Amber Ferguson/The Washington Post)

“ For the better part of a decade, rumors about a serial killer haunted Toronto’s Gay Village, a gentrifying neighborhood of rainbow-flag street signs and historical Victorian homes where bathhouses and X-rated video stores were slowly being replaced by banks and chain coffee shops. As one gay man after another disappeared under mysterious circumstances, residents canceled plans to go out, carried pepper spray on walks and made sure their neighbors knew when to expect them home.

But in December 2017, the Toronto Police Service assured residents that there was no reason to believe that the community had a mass murderer on its hands.

“We follow the evidence, and the evidence is telling us that that’s not the case right now,” Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders told reporters at the time. “The evidence today tells us that there is not a serial killer.”

A month later, however, LGBTQ activists learned that their worst fears had been confirmed. In January 2018, police announced that Bruce McArthur, a regular at the neighborhood’s gay bars, had been charged with killing five men, dismembering them and hiding their remains in flower pots at a private home where he worked as a landscaper. Over the spring and summer, as officials continued to comb through the planters and search a nearby ravine, they located the remains of three other men who had vanished years before. There was no longer any doubt that a serial killer had been stalking Gay Village. 

On Tuesday, McArthur, 67, pleaded guilty to eight counts of first-degree murder, one for each of the eight men he is believed to have murdered between 2010 and 2017. According to the Globe and Mail, almost all of his victims had frequented the bars and nightclubs in Gay Village, though several were not openly gay. Many were refugees or recent immigrants from South Asia or the Middle East, and several had struggled with addiction, homelessness and financial troubles.

McArthur, a former mall Santa Claus, looked uncharacteristically gaunt when he appeared in Toronto Superior Court on Tuesday with his hair and thick white beard shaved off, CBC reported. He replied, “Guilty,” as each of the eight victims' names were read out loud: Selim Esen, 44; Andrew Kinsman, 49; Majeed Kayhan, 58; Dean Lisowick, 47; Soroush Mahmudi, 50; Skandaraj Navaratnam, 40; Abdulbasir Faizi, 42; and Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam, 37. Court records describe most of the murders as “sexual in nature,” and indicate that McArthur used ligatures to kill his victims. 

CONTINUED: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/nation/2019/01/30/gay-men-kept-vanishing-streets-toronto-now-serial-killer-has-confessed/ 

Edited by En_Sabah_Nur
Egypt. W
  • Shook 5
  • Sad 8

Evolve

Oh my god. This is so sad. Hopefully he rots in the jail for the rest of his life.

Watch all the homophobes start using this as a reason to hate on the LGBT community.

• Like 5

Illuminati Freak

He was caught last year so what’s up with the headline?

• Shook 1

derpmonster

I have no words for serial killers, especially those who dismember bodies and/or engage in necrophilia. 

Ted Bundy teas. So unfortunate for all the men that we lost to this sicko. They were probably out with him looking for a good time and he seemed nice and charming. :ohno: And he took advantage and *killed* them. And vulnerable people and immigrants at that. 

Some people are blood thirsty and obsessed with doing it over and over. It's a thrill for them. Just... No words. 

Edited by derpmonster
  • Like 4

derpmonster
3 minutes ago, Illuminati Freak said:

He was caught last year so what’s up with the headline?

I believe he was charged and pronounced guilty by the court now. And on more counts than he was charged with earlier. 

OT: Should we really be calling him a gay serial killer instead of a serial killer of gays? He is just a serial killer and his own sexuality is kind of irrelevant. We didn't call Ted Bundy a straight serial killer. 

Edited by derpmonster
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

arrtpop
2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I have no words for serial killers, especially those who dismember bodies and/or engage in necrophilia. 

Ted Bundy teas. So unfortunate for all the men that we lost to this sicko. They were probably out with him looking for a good time and he seemed nice and charming. :ohno: And he took advantage and *killed* them. 

Some people are blood thirsty and obsessed with doing it over and over. It's a thrill for them. Just... No words. 

im so so scared of this happening to me omg. like wanting to go out with a guy but he turns out to be someone like this :ohno:

Edited by arrtpop
aphrodite
  • Sad 2

Economy

And if he gets the maximum 25 year sentence he'd be 92 on release date probably dead by then

So hopefully he's gone for good

Edit: it's actually 25 years maximum for parole. If you do not show enough remorse or good behaviour your base sentence can go beyond 25 years

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista
  • Like 1

Illuminati Freak
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

I believe he was charged and pronounced guilty by the court now. And on more counts than he was charged with earlier. 

I’m very familiar with the case. I knew Andrew one of the victims. 

• Love 1
  • Sad 6

derpmonster
Just now, arrtpop said:

im so so scared of this happening to me omg. like wanting to go out with a guy but he turns out to be someone like this :ohno:

Be careful, love. It's always important to take basic precautions like meet in public, don't accept drinks, never leave your drink alone or out of sight, perhaps learn self defense (and/or carry pepper spray etc.) 

It's unfortunate that we have to do this but it's important to be equipped with the tools to defend yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Illuminati Freak said:

I hope you are doing okay. I know it can be very hard to know that someone you knew is gone. 

• Like 1

LaLa

This is local for me, and I honestly have no words to talk about it. Devastating doesn't even begin to cover it. 

And yes, it's coming up in the news again because he just plead guilty this week, forgoing a trial, and is currently being sentenced. The options for his sentence range from 25-200 years before parole eligibility, so yeah, he's in for life thank god.

If anyone is interested, I'd recommend this longform piece written last year about the killer, and the relationship between the police and LGBT community in Toronto. It's very powerful. Death in the Village

• Like 1

Illuminati Freak
6 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I hope you are doing okay. I know it can be very hard to know that someone you knew is gone. 

It’s been harder for people more close to it. Very hard on the community as well. I saw Andrew that Pride Sunday he disappeared. I also know the boyfriend of one of the victims who actually survived being with McArthur. It hits home as well because my sister was murdered many years ago. It’s something I don’t wish anyone to have to go through. The emotional scars run deep.

Edited by Illuminati Freak
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 6

derpmonster

"Police found Kinsman had written “Bruce” on his calendar on the day he disappeared, and surveillance footage showed him getting inside McArthur’s van, where his DNA was later recovered. According to court records, police searched McArthur’s apartment and discovered trinkets belonging to three of the missing men, along with a duffel bag that contained duct tape, a black bungee cord, a surgical glove, zip ties, a rope, and syringes. Then, in January 2018, they found the garden planters."

Jeez. He hit parts of the bodies in gardens. 

He was also charged in 2003 with hitting a male prostitute with a metal pipe. 

• Shook 1

Monster7
6 minutes ago, Illuminati Freak said:

I can't even truly imagine how something like that feels. No one should go through something like that. I hope you're fine and wish you the best:heart:

• Love 1

Ferrara

Death penalty. Put it on live tv. I’ll pay to watch that.

Edited by Ferrara
  • Like 2