💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ariana DRAGS The Grammys on Twitter

Stef

Featured Posts

Antichrist
15 hours ago, Evolve said:

Pretty sure she enjoys the coins she's making right now with her bad songs, while you're pressed and poor on a forum.:ladyhaha:

success doesn't equal quality, i'd much rather be a human that hasn't sold his integrity out just to enjoy the coins, i prefer being 'pressed & poor' on a forum :whitney:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

success doesn't equal quality, i'd much rather be a human that hasn't sold his integrity out just to enjoy the coins, i prefer being 'pressed & poor' on a forum :whitney:

Okay but why you out here acting as though Ariana pioneered some new wave music and was "anti-pop" before :air: she's literally been doing pop music her whole life and conforming to what's trendy. Just because urban sounds and trap is in right now and you prefer pop. you think Ariana has "sold out" :sharon: 

She's smart, she plays to trends but she does it her way, keeping her vocals and melodies  as forefronted as possible

Signature loading… 👹🖤

18 hours ago, mister max said:

Is she wrong tho? I don't get why the grammy producer can choose the songs anyway. She also offered 3 songs and none of them were good?

And don't come with the 'only nominated music can be performed' ->see Gaga BTW at the grammys, see Katy CTTR at the grammys,...

Someone probably already explained this but I'm not going to read through 9 pages to find out. The Grammys producers choose the songs that are performed, 95% of the time. You have to remember that this is still an annual TV event not just an awards ceremony. The producer's job is to help design the show in a way that will have the most positive reviews from both critics and viewers, the best video streams on YouTube afterwards, etc. They most likely wanted her to perform Thank u, Next because it has been out the longest and had such a huge response from listeners, and she wanted to do other tracks from the album. 

This is how almost every televised award show works, and some award shows even choose winners based on how viewers will respond moreso than on actual talent. My eyes were truly opened to the negative side of awards shows after interviewing a Hollywood publicist (Sarah Paulson's publicist actually) for a project in college.

My name isn't Timmers

1 hour ago, Timmers said:

Someone probably already explained this but I'm not going to read through 9 pages to find out. The Grammys producers choose the songs that are performed, 95% of the time. You have to remember that this is still an annual TV event not just an awards ceremony. The producer's job is to help design the show in a way that will have the most positive reviews from both critics and viewers, the best video streams on YouTube afterwards, etc. They most likely wanted her to perform Thank u, Next because it has been out the longest and had such a huge response from listeners, and she wanted to do other tracks from the album. 

This is how almost every televised award show works, and some award shows even choose winners based on how viewers will respond moreso than on actual talent. My eyes were truly opened to the negative side of awards shows after interviewing a Hollywood publicist (Sarah Paulson's publicist actually) for a project in college.

While award shows are all about money, I don't blame artists for pushing back and even bowing out if they aren't allowed to perform what they want.

I live outside the space time continuum.

imwoahvicky
16 hours ago, Thomas P said:

And how is that not working her ass off? That’s very unfair to say. Just cause she started on tv doesn’t mean she shouldn’t be able to be considered a hard worker. 

it's just typical Gaga fans undermining other female artists work to raise Gah Gah up even more 

these are the same people telling others to not pit women against eachother or tear them down :ohno:

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Thomas P
14 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

“Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored” is one of the most mysogynistic degrading antifeminist songs I have ever heard.

Of course the Grammys said NO. 

The Twitter backlash would have been ferocious.

You Ariana fans are blind to her immaturity because she is so overhyped right now. Truly sickening. Ariana is a spoilt rich kid and thank god the Academy hates her now.

You sound like you got a personal problem :selena:

This reads like a post from Maddonation, yikes :icega:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

StrawberryBlond

Really surprised at this news. Thought they'd be doing anything in their power to have her on the show and would let her do whatever she wants. But what I want to know is what song they did want her to perform because if it's not her newest single, then what? Thank U Next because it is the bigger hit from this project? Or did they want her to do something from Sweetener because that was the album that she was nominated for and this new album was an unexpected release that doesn't tie in to what they originally set out for her months ago? I assume it's the latter. Surely, though, they must realise that almost all the songs on her previous album are about Pete, so therefore, she no longer feels comfortable performing them and wants to put this entire project to bed? It's also weird that they're still using her image to promote the show. Good on her for sticking to her guns but I do feel sorry for her fans who were looking forward to her performing. If the biggest female artist in the world right now (maybe even the biggest artist in the world right now of any gender, period) can't get their vision respected, it really shows how much women are still held down in this industry and how much industries wield power.

All that aside, to play devil's advocate...do you think this could mean that perhaps Gaga now stands the biggest chance of winning Best Pop Vocal Performance over Ariana now? Because I honestly think the competition is between them for that award. If they're respecting Gaga's vision a whole lot more and she's up for more awards, she could have this in the bag.

5 hours ago, Antichrist said:

How exactly has she sold her integrity, though? Maybe this is the kind of music that she actually enjoys making? She's still human. She's been putting this kind of music out for a long time now. I think you're exaggerating with your remarks, trying really hard to make her look bad and discredit her work.

12 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Grammys wont be cancelled just because of a popular artist. Ive been following it since years. Stars rise and fade. The Academy will last longer than her career.

No, Grammys are losing their prestige and their ratings. Less and less people care about the grammys (or award shows, for that matter). The younger generations don't give 2 coins about award shows, which is why they're slowly, but surely getting "cancelled". It's a fact.

Ally Campana
1 hour ago, imwoahvicky said:

it's just typical Gaga fans undermining other female artists work to raise Gah Gah up even more 

these are the same people telling others to not pit women against eachother or tear them down :ohno:

Why you here then? This is a forum of course you’re gonna get tons of opinions. If you want a place where everyone is like ‘yes Ariana’, there’s other places for that.

Does it matter? Damage is done

thehanyo
14 hours ago, swakby said:

Read it. It was an interesting read, but I didn't find it convincing. He says that young people don't care about Grammys. But this forum, Twitter, ATRL, etc. all care and talk about the Grammys... and those communities skew very young.

1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Really surprised at this news. Thought they'd be doing anything in their power to have her on the show and would let her do whatever she wants. But what I want to know is what song they did want her to perform because if it's not her newest single, then what? Thank U Next because it is the bigger hit from this project? Or did they want her to do something from Sweetener because that was the album that she was nominated for and this new album was an unexpected release that doesn't tie in to what they originally set out for her months ago? I assume it's the latter. Surely, though, they must realise that almost all the songs on her previous album are about Pete, so therefore, she no longer feels comfortable performing them and wants to put this entire project to bed? It's also weird that they're still using her image to promote the show. Good on her for sticking to her guns but I do feel sorry for her fans who were looking forward to her performing. If the biggest female artist in the world right now (maybe even the biggest artist in the world right now of any gender, period) can't get their vision respected, it really shows how much women are still held down in this industry and how much industries wield power.

All that aside, to play devil's advocate...do you think this could mean that perhaps Gaga now stands the biggest chance of winning Best Pop Vocal Performance over Ariana now? Because I honestly think the competition is between them for that award. If they're respecting Gaga's vision a whole lot more and she's up for more awards, she could have this in the bag.

I think it will cost them viewers.  Ari has a lot of fans.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived