Also,

seems like she's getting a lil brave now that she's having all this success

Don't let it go to your head too much sis. That's when they'll tear you down

gurl? she just stood up for herself

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like her more with every day that passes.

The Grammys will be a thing of the past in a few years, bookmark me :vegas:

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, lost in limbo said:

gurl? she just stood up for herself

And that's okay 

I'm sure a lot of popstars would love to stand up for themselves against industry machines, but fear retribution.

She's actully doing it, hence why she's getting brave. It's a tight rope to walk. Pissing of the industry can end badly. Ask Janet Jackson and Britney Spears' third album :selena:

lost in limbo
Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

And that's okay 

I'm sure a lot of popstars would love to stand up for themselves against industry machines, but fear retribution.

She's actully doing it, hence why she's getting brave. It's a tight rope to walk. Pissing of the industry can end badly. Ask Janet Jackson and Britney Spears' third album :selena:

ohhh I see what you mean

that's a valid point honestly, but honestly Ariana is so direct she'd probably expose on twitter it if it happened so that lessens my concerns I guess :selena: 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

TeenIdle

She offers 3 songs and they don't let her perform. Meanwhile Gaga sneezes and they offer her a performance :selena: Not that I'm complaining

ZiggyZiggs
25 minutes ago, Admin said:

Something isn't right. I feel like they might be doing this on purpose only to announce her as a surprise performer a day before. If not, the Grammys are absolutely insane.

I highly doubt that’s the case..but if it does end up being true...just imagine the ratings and the extra sales she’ll get from the controversy AND the perfomance (esp if the press picks the story up full force, which’ll likely happen)

ZiggyZiggs
3 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

She offers 3 songs and they don't let her perform. Meanwhile Gaga sneezes and they offer her a performance :selena: Not that I'm complaining

Ain’t that the truth sksksks 

now they just need to give her some actual Grammys :madge:

malazam
12 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Also,

seems like she's getting a lil brave now that she's having all this success

Don't let it go to your head too much sis. That's when they'll tear you down

She thinks the 20+/- million viewers are hers. 

The recording academy and its 21k members are shaking :ladyhaha:

Sometimes you got to stand up for yourself and sometimes in order to grow and establish yourself you gotta deal with ****, sip it and do it

The #1s won’t last forever and a GRAMMY for your jazz album can save your career.

another shot before we kiss the other side

If Gaga managed to perform everything she wanted at the Grammys from pop, jazz, rock and metal then I don't see why Ariana couldn't too.

This is either leading up to a surprise "last minute" performance or this was just simply bad communication between Ariana's team and the Grammys. There's literally no reason for them to suppress her artistic integrity so I won't hurry to believe both of the sides at the moment.

malazam
6 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Yeah but why? Cause during TFM when she was everywhere she wasn’t fighting with the GRAMMY producers.

See the VMAS some **** like this went down with her 2013 performance and then she left the ceremony. The result? We all know it

another shot before we kiss the other side

Kalinda

FWIW, this is what Variety reported two days ago

An insider tells Variety that Grande felt “insulted” after producers initially refused to allow her to perform “7 Rings,” the latest single from her forthcoming album “Thank U, Next” (which arrives Friday, two days before the Grammys). A compromise was reached whereby “7 Rings” would be part of a medley, but Grande pulled out after producers insisted that the second song be of their choosing. The source added that such stipulations were not imposed on other performers at the show. 

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/ariana-grande-not-attending-grammys-after-disagreements-with-producers-1203129734/

TheFame Monster

She probably offered 3 songs off of thank u, next and that is literally what they said to her after hearing them

Zander
15 minutes ago, swakby said:

I like her more with every day that passes.

The Grammys will be a thing of the past in a few years, bookmark me :vegas:

The Grammys are like the music equivalent of The Oscars though...

Archived