💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Has Rihanna Lasted So Long?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

When you look at her historical album sales and tours in relation to her hit singles, you see she doesn't have the most dedicated fan base in the world. Most of her success has come from the general public

Rihanna also I'm not going to say is talentless (because she is talented) but not so much so compared to most legends who last a long time and get this big critical acclaim

Artists like Rihanna that cater to the general public and make their careers mostly with hit singles don't typically last very long especially if their level of talent isn't big enough for big critical acclaim that keeps multiple generations interested

Yet Rihanna has lasted and lasted...

What's different about Rihanna vs other artists who cater to the general public that usually disappear into oblivion :oprah:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s probably the name, Rihanna looks naturally appealing to the eye, and don’t ask why, cause I have no idea :vegas:

And also with the help of some of her huge hits like Werk, Disturbia, S&M, and Diamonds for example can put her to the top. 

Johnny Wayne

Sex Appeal. That's pretty much it. Plus having a smart management and team and always being on top of every new musical trend.

I'm the b*tch with the sauce, apparently

Dominic

Likeable, relatable, reinvents herself, attractive, good music, other business adventures, doesn't take herself too seriously, funny and she just has the overall cool factor. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

FATCAT

Sex Appeal. She sells songs that are SEXXXYY and no one is putting out anthems of the body like hers.

Purr more, hiss less.

AndiGaga

1. She may not be the best singer but her voice is unique, you cann tell its her from second 1 of a song

2. She is SO beautiful, again in her own way, not the typical beauty

3. Great songs, best discography of all female popstars (besides Gaga and Marina)

4. Jumping on the newest trends everytime

5. Great features (Eminem, Shakira, Drake, Coldplay etc.)

IAmNotHere1997

She is young, cool, attractive, sexy, relatable, and makes fun, not too serious and Top 40 radio-friendly music

IAmNotHere1997

oh, forgot to mention she's always working with top producers and her hits are usually created in songwriting camps

LateToCult

She’s been smart about who she works with. Her albums have always been geared to have singles with mass appeal. Even Anti, her most experimental project, was made to follow the changing landscape in top 40 towards a more urban sound before it really became prevalent. The exception was “Work” but that was more of a well calculated gamble than anything else.

She also has a personality that people love. She’s a cool girl that doesn’t really care what people say or think about her. She has no problem expressing how she feels. She’s real and her audience connects with that.

Her beauty has also helped set her aside from everyone else. Rihanna really is one of the most beautiful recording artists the world has ever seen.

Oh, and her voice is distinct and pleasent to hear on the radio, kind of like Taylor Swift.

In short, Rihanna is the perfect storm.

PinkJelly

Her managements ability to put out a record a year for quite a few successive years Rated R (2009), Loud (2010), Talk That Talk (2011) and Unopologetic (2012) has certainly helped. They all were very current upon release which has kept her at the forefront for the GP.

Anti featured my own personal least favourite single of Rihanna’s whole career ‘Work’ and the album as a whole didn’t feature many hits chart wise. I think the follow up to Anti will show whether Rihanna has true longevity 

sampool

No competition. There isn’t any young black mainstream pop star that served what she did, the closest thing compared to her was Beyoncé which is still older than Rihanna.

She started at a very young age, so it’s always been easy to appeal to the youth. Plus, her evolution has been very smooth in transitioning from a cute fun party girl to a bad girl in order to stay on top of trends. Plus, her hits are written for her, so it’s easy for her to have hit after hit with years to come. 

I’m not shading her, I actually love her and I think she’s genius with how she has maintained her career more steadily than any other artist I’ve ever seen. Her controversies have usually been in her favor, and her “flop” albums still had hits on them. 

Archived