💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Gaga Daily shades Ne-Yo

thatfoxyfeeling

Featured Posts

The fact people here are dragging @Admin for a light joke that sends a good message to people overall... :bye: He didn't even attack him, he just said it's a pointless thing to say which it clearly is.

This Ne-Yo guy didn't have to namedrop gaga and question her relevancy. It didn't help make his argument stronger but at the same time, no one is saying he is a shitty person now for doing that. Everything's fine. It's just Twitter.

The fact some of you are stooping so low to call @Admin emberassing or pathetic over THIS is absoloutely horrible. Admin doesn't deserve your messiness for all the work he does for this community and website. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Hmm.

I mean, I totally get Ne-Yo's point and tbh, let's face it, prior to ASIB a lot of her own fans felt the same way :rip: His main logic is correct, you can just agree and disagree with the idea of Gaga being an "icon" on par with legends like Whitney, Michael, Tina, CĂ©line, etc. I'm sure a lot of fans here would disagree with that too tbh.

He clearly meant no disrespect though... like, that's 100% obvious to me and he pointed that out twice in his responses (Ă nd in his original statement), so I don't see how @Admin and the others defending him are playing the "he trash talked Gaga and now can't admit it!!!" card, he didn't trash talk her at all lol.

Just a sad use of an official Twitter account tbh. I think many users here agree that we'd like our fanbase to be represented with some more maturity. Ne-Yo obviously respects Gaga so why on earth are we targeting him? :air:

VOLANTIS
42 minutes ago, Admin said:

You should get off my ****.

giphy.gif

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

The fact people here are dragging @Admin for a light joke that sends a good message to people overall... :bye:

I thought that too until I saw this:

If it was just a light joke @Admin wouldn't confirm to him directly that he was being called out for "bringing down a fellow artist" (which he didn't even do btw).

I get where @Admin is coming from too and I don't think he should be personally attacked for this (I don't like the blatantly transparent ass-kissing going on in here either though lmao) but the issue is that his opinion is being voiced by a Twitter account that represents our whole community here :laughga: And many of us aren't comfortable with that.

NewYorkCity

I mean it was unnecessary but... his responses lol. He was on her without being asked in a time when it was cool to say she was over. That's it. So...

Oriane
22 minutes ago, DWUWpartII said:

I think admin just wanted to post something like this

https://mobile.twitter.com/hausoframez/status/828582693143187456?lang=en

Just a feel good/shady tweet. Although it blew out of proportion here :poot:

21 minutes ago, Florian said:

LMAO at people coming for @Admin :toofunny:

If anything that tweet wasn't directed at Ne-Yo but was only showing Gaga's evolution and how she fought even when people thought she was a has-been.

You guys are sensitive af

The original tweet could be interpreted like this. However, the answers to Ne-Yo's tweet and in this thread make Admin's intentions very clear to me.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

admin? being messy? again?

never

and he's not in the position to bring past comments

I like dancin', and ponies....

Didymus
5 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

I mean it was unnecessary but... his responses lol. He was on her without being asked in a time when it was cool to say she was over. That's it. So...

Then why did he say she was insanely talented? :awkney:

Ne-Yo just doesn't care so much about commerce. It's not his fault that so many pop fans value commercial success over musical talent :ladyhaha: Like, that's what's funniest about this whole situation. Ne-Yo was just making a statement about the current state of the music industry and was just using Gaga as an example. What he's not saying is that Gaga's not going to become an icon because she's not talented enough (!), what he is saying is that despite her talent, the music industry just does not produce icons anymore. Huge difference.

And of course the pop fans who zoom in on everything that has to do with "relevance" and commercial superiority (yawn) don't take the time to notice that difference. Sad. But telling.

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

I thought that too until I saw this:

If it was just a light joke @Admin wouldn't confirm to him directly that he was being called out for "bringing down a fellow artist" (which he didn't even do btw).

I get where @Admin is coming from too and I don't think he should be personally attacked for this (I don't like the blatantly transparent ass-kissing going on in here either though lmao) but the issue is that his opinion is being voiced by a Twitter account that represents our whole community here :laughga: And many of us aren't comfortable with that.

Saying a succesful female artist won't stand the test of time is unnecessary. He could've just not namedrop her and the message would still be clear.

So maybe Ne-Yo didn't "bring her down" but it's still unnecessary and not a nice thing to say, especially since he's not in a position to decide if she will stand the test of time or not. 

Everyone is being way too sensitive over @Admin's tweets lol 

And if you think an opinion different from you is "transparent ass-kissing" then that's sad. 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Ronlop said:

Saying a succesful female artist won't stand the test of time is unnecessary. He could've just not namedrop her and the message would still be clear.

So maybe Ne-Yo didn't "bring her down" but it's still unnecessary and not a nice thing to say, especially since he's not in a position to decide if she will stand the test of time or not.

What he meant was clearly not related to Gaga but to the music industry in general though :madge: Like, I'm genuinely baffled that so many of you guys can't see that. This has nothing to do with relevancy, this has to do with how the music industry keeps on producing "the next big thing" in 10x bigger speed than it used to, which makes becoming an icon impossible these days no matter how talented you are (and he's right on top of that).

Besides, after namedropping her, he still called her talented and clarified that he wasn't shading her, so what's the problem? :rip:

What is really unnecessary is bringing it up after 7 years and pretending he needs to be taught a lesson :awkney:

3 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

And if you think an opinion different from you is "transparent ass-kissing" then that's sad. 

That's not what I said. I just said there's ass-kissing in here, not that everyone agreeing with him is doing that :what: Just to clarify.

2 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

fixed

Must feel good sucking Admins ass doesn't it? Y'all always preach about being kind and how people must forget about Gaga's past decisions, but still attack every other artists past mistakes. Hypocrite.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived