💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga orders Academy to let other nominees perform

Dilwyn

Featured Posts

1) Y'all are really hypocritical. You will do the most about Gaga's kindness and how genuine she is but then flip out when she puts it into practise, even if it might be to the detriment of her own (superficial) success. She used her power to possibly make the dreams of several performers and songwriters come true... Gaga's genuine kindness continues to expose the ugliness within her own fanbase.

2) I'm not sure they will stick with the 90 second thing. It just seems like such a bad idea - much like only having two songs performed - that I really can't see how it would work at all. It would just be too awkward. Surely?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustTea
4 hours ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Cut that Queen performance and let the nominated songs be performed in full!

This! :saladga: Unless it's Radio Ga Ga featuring Gaga. :bye:

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

1) Y'all are really hypocritical. You will do the most about Gaga's kindness and how genuine she is but then flip out when she puts it into practise, even if it might be to the detriment of her own (superficial) success. She used her power to possibly make the dreams of several performers and songwriters come true... Gaga's genuine kindness continues to expose the ugliness within her own fanbase.

Yeah she did a good thing but butchering songs to fit a time slot is not acceptable. And saying fans are ugly for wanting a full performance is stupid. We are fans, of course we want to see the full song being performed. We have the right to be angry at the producers and we are not bad persons for it. 

4 minutes ago, symphonia said:

Yeah she did a good thing but butchering songs to fit a time slot is not acceptable. And saying fans are ugly for wanting a full performance is stupid. We are fans, of course we want to see the full song being performed. We have the right to be angry at the producers and we are not bad persons for it. 

Yeah be mad at the producers, but not Gaga. It’s a dumb idea all around to try to cut time from the show there, but since it’s done, Gaga made the most of it imo rather than be selfish. Besides, we have a performance with enigma; so it *is* a bit selfish to say her performance is more important when fans of the other nominees would say the same thing.

SpadesToStart

Some of these comments are disheartening. Gaga would be disappointed to hear y’all saying this stuff.

True little monsters stan integrity :ohwell:

22 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Yeah be mad at the producers, but not Gaga. It’s a dumb idea all around to try to cut time from the show there, but since it’s done, Gaga made the most of it imo rather than be selfish. Besides, we have a performance with enigma; so it *is* a bit selfish to say her performance is more important when fans of the other nominees would say the same thing.

It is more fair to everyone that's true but it would have been nice to see Gaga and Bradley perform the full song together on the Oscars stage. The views for the Enigma performance show that they are dumb for cutting it short if they are after ratings. 

Rudz Xinc
13 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Ain't nobody gonna watch Enigma sis. It's not broadcasted and professionally recorded. It's not the same. Don't even compare it.

This stupid act of kindness move might cost her Oscar as well for being bossy and demanding.

We shall see.

Look at those clowns

Bloody hooker
6 hours ago, iAstroLeo said:

Are you guys really bitching about her doing the right thing and giving everyone a chance of being on that stage? Mind you that it's probably a dream of theirs too

You guys are hipocrites :smh: 

:applause:

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

She wants to change the way things are done at awards shows already? :air: I love this fierceness about her. At the same time I am a bit sad that because of this we will most likely only get 90 second performances :( 

Maybe the Oscars should consider only nominating 3 songs from now on instead of 5 so that the 3 songs can be performed in their completion. 

crisTEAne
1 minute ago, dit said:

She wants to change the way things are done at awards shows already? :air: 

next headline: lady gaga cancels oscar performance
and the next: breaking news, the oscars won't be televised, the winners will be revealed in a tweet

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Sandrology

I'm proud of this Woman, for practicing the words she preaches! Gaga this is the most selfless act of an artist ever! 

Even if the Academy doesn't let her win this award because she was too bossy. Why does she need an Oscar when she can look in the mirror saying "I did the right thing".. Think about that Awardsters & Chartsters

nattuggla
37 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

Ain't nobody gonna watch Enigma sis. It's not broadcasted and professionally recorded. It's not the same. Don't even compare it.

This stupid act of kindness move might cost her Oscar as well for being bossy and demanding.

We shall see.

How? The worst case scenario is that the producers of the Oscar's are pissed off at her but these are not the same people who will vote. I doubt that almost 7,000 people care about Gaga's order to not perform if the other nominees are not allowed to perform and even if I rather think this would put her more in a positive light in the eyes of the voters.

HosedDownGypsy

some of you should be ashamed of yourselves:fail:, Im truly shook at the responses here:shocked:, what a generous QUEEN:applause:

RAIN ON ME

Archived