💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga's deposition in Kesha/Luke case

monketsharona

Featured Posts

MonsterOfSpain
10 hours ago, Kimblue said:

No having actual rapists roaming free is  more horrific than innocent people in prison. 

If your father/best friend was the innocent one in prison would you be saying that though

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
18 hours ago, monketsharona said:

"Don’t you roll you eyes at me. You should be ashamed of yourself," she added.

:gayhat:

And then Dr Luke's lawyer turned into stone :firega:

1 hour ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

If your father/best friend was the innocent one in prison would you be saying that though

You could say both.

3 points in and ready for more

Crystalline
15 hours ago, Hybrid Rose said:

it proves she made up false accusations that she was raped.

No, it does not. You are disgusting and everything Gaga stands against regarding sexual assault.

SharkmanthaC

Watch the whole thing if you'd like, but 25 minutes in is so powerful and always sticks with me. 

Gaga's quote "I want to live somewhere that when a child says they were raped, every adult in the room says okay what happened? who was it? We want to help." While she says this in regards to children, I would agree with this for anyone.  

Gaga is very intelligent, and it's obvious when things like this come out. But I agree with her, I'd rather believe it when someone says they were raped than not. I'm so glad she stands up to people who tear victims down.

I encourage everyone to watch The Hunting Ground if you have never watched it.  While it's focus is on college campuses, it shares lots of rape statistics that are very eye opening.  Even about the number of false reports, and how rare they are. (It's available on Netflix.)

she/her/hers

imwoahvicky
14 hours ago, lego said:

You said it’s better to have someone guilty walk free. So rapists should walk free and do what they want, that’s better than hypothetically having someone innocent in prison. If it’s one of the other, free rapists definitely ruin more lives and they’re dangerous to society. 

Also spare me with “too emotionally involved”, jury makes decisions based on their sympathy all the time. It’s not irrational to want to see criminals behind bars.  

I'm pretty sure the point they're getting at is that this case turned into a "she said he said this" scenario and they can't risk sending someone innocent to jail with the lack of evidence, this has gone on for years and literally no side is progressing 

they just can't make a decision based off of Kesha's emotions and what she's said with the evidence lacking on both sides cause there can be the possibility of her lying and making up things it's just how it is :shrug: 

sure, she ruined her career with this etc. but they can't just be like "oh, she ruined her career and it was a very bold move coming out with this, it must be TRUE then!" because that's just unfair to the other side, there's still a chance of her lying, and you're  just going off of your own emotions and beliefs :shrug: 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

This whole thing made me so sad. I am proud of Gaga for standing up for Kesha. I felt so bad seeing that her PTSD from this was why she cancelled Rock In Rio. And possibly even compounding to the tour cancellation later on. Thanks to Gaga i’ve learned that traumatic events from my past can come back in physical ways years later. I finally understand why I feel so paralyzed at times with triggers. Something really awful must have happened to Gaga in her past. 

beaublue
On 1/30/2019 at 5:37 AM, Sepsami said:

did she say that to an interviewer or something :air:

No lol she said it to the lawyer questioning her about Kesha. Didn’t you read what was posted of the convo?

Sanne Godijn
On 1/31/2019 at 7:59 AM, Katie14 said:

The lawyer said her deposition will be confidential. How was this allowed to be released? :confused:

Yeah thats really strange

Carpet Shark

The judge unsealed the deposition. Court documents are public record, so all you have to do is go to the courthouse/document repository/relevant authority and buy a copy.

That's essentially what the Boston Globe did when they did that Catholic abuse exposé (see _Spotlight_).

aaronyoji
On 1/30/2019 at 8:11 AM, FfFfFfFF said:

Then I ask you, do you even care about people that are senteced to prison while being innocent? That's more horrific.

that scenario is far more applicable to non sexual assault crimes though right?? people of color being falsely accused simply based off racial profiling is far more common than non rapists being sent to jail, its quite the opposite, proven sexual assaulters don't even get sent to jail, and yet you use that hypothetical scenario to let  accused rapists roam free?? 

Archived