💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga’s Contract with Interscope

Guest ARTPOPSlays

Featured Posts

ProdigyARTPOP
Just now, Raccoon said:

Isn't ASIB part of Interscope and Warner?

Yes, so that album by technicality doesn’t fulfill her contractual commitments with Interscope, its a stand-alone project 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Yes, so that album by technicality doesn’t fulfill her contractual commitments with Interscope, its a stand-alone project 

That's what I thought initially, but isn't it true Gaga received Arabella as a gift from Interscope for the renewal of her contract. And Arabella was gifted by Interscope on December 2015, which is almost a year before Joanne was even completed. Besides, I don't think her contract lists 'solo projects' in specific.

But you're probably right, though no specifics have been detailed by Gaga or her team. :shrug:

Guillaume Hamon
7 hours ago, Raccoon said:

I thought it was the contrary... Since Britney for example, signed just for the first record, then for 4 more if I'm not mistaken. Because if your debut album flop and you don't make it, the label will have to promote and spend money into more 4 albums? It's not profitable for them.

Maybe they don't owe you the following albums if it flops. Like it's X albums if they actually want to release it and if they don't want you can leave the label "in advance" without doing the other albums...

When gaga was signed as songwriter they promised her a singer career as well and gave her a big financial advance before to dump her and keep her songs. She got her songs back by giving back the advance. Maybe it's the way it goes, they can throw the contract away when they want and in return the artist keep the advance money without having to actually do the promised albums etc...

• 11 months later...
PopThatArt
On 1/29/2019 at 7:27 PM, Guillaume Hamon said:

Maybe they don't owe you the following albums if it flops. Like it's X albums if they actually want to release it and if they don't want you can leave the label "in advance" without doing the other albums...

When gaga was signed as songwriter they promised her a singer career as well and gave her a big financial advance before to dump her and keep her songs. She got her songs back by giving back the advance. Maybe it's the way it goes, they can throw the contract away when they want and in return the artist keep the advance money without having to actually do the promised albums etc...

I recall Kelly Clarkson talking about how she was contracted to do 7 albums when she signed with her record label. I think 6 or 7 is a standard. I remember Gaga also talked about how 6 albums down the road she'll do a greatest hits album, so I think this album will be the last she's contracted to do. 

Go see A Star is Born

ImTired
On 1/28/2019 at 2:32 PM, MaryJaneHolland said:

She signed for 5 albums.

gagacontract.jpg

Here are two pages of her contract.

Team Love Child LLC? :ladyhaha:

March34th
On 1/28/2019 at 3:49 PM, Thonin Dyn said:

so she released 5 albums now..gurl where do you think you're going next? or does TFM or ASIB aren't really albums

TFM has to count because it was released as an LP/album in most jurisdictions, and is technically both her first EP and second album/LP.

I *think* ASIB counts because it was released by Interscope. Though its a collaborative work so maybe it doesn't count

ImTired
On 1/28/2019 at 6:21 PM, ProdigyARTPOP said:

The original contact with Interscope was for 5 albums, 

Joanne was the last album before they renegotiated. She would never leave Interscope, they’ve nurtured and stood by her career through everything plus she has more creative control through them than through any other label.

Beyond that, one of the key factors in her negotiation with them is that she has more free will in terms of promotion and A&R.

So if she’s not promoting, it’s because she’s choosing not too.

Also one of the other major changes in the contract was that before she was receiving very little to no royalties for her streams and now after Joanne she is. So with ASIB & The Cure she made a lot more streaming royalties.

But. I have to believe her team shopped her around and saw that Interscope was offering her the best deal, right? Or maybe she's just that loyal. :oops:

ImTired
On 1/28/2019 at 9:38 PM, ProdigyARTPOP said:

The contract renewal is for another five albums, it entails basically that she has a final say in any deals, endorsements, and or sponsorships. She has more say in terms of A&R and promotion, where she wants to promote and what she wants to promote and what she doesn’t want too, she also has more creative liberty, this also has to do with John Janick, the new head of Interscope completely believing in her and knowing that whatever she does will ultimately be profitable. 

Basically, in their eyes, she’s an established act, who isn’t going anywhere and who’s cemented herself into the culture.

I wonder if there were provisions in her new contract that preclude Interscope from getting any money from Haus Labs. Because it seems she would have gotten that whole ball rolling shortly after signing her new deal. Hmmmmm. :oprah:

YourCureness
10 minutes ago, ImTired said:

I wonder if there were provisions in her new contract that preclude Interscope from getting any money from Haus Labs. Because it seems she would have gotten that whole ball rolling shortly after signing her new deal. Hmmmmm. :oprah:

Haus Labs is not music related, why would interscope earn from it? 

ImTired
4 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

Haus Labs is not music related, why would interscope earn from it? 

You dont think Interscope earned any royalties from the product placement in videos? The sponsorships? Farmville? The perfumes? I don't know anything, but I assume they did... 

ChicaSkas
On 1/28/2019 at 12:21 PM, blackstar said:

Yes. Arabela was her gift from Interscope for renewing the contract. But I don't know what is it like tho

Wait are you saying Interscope gave her a HORSE as a thank-you-for-renewing-with-is gift!? :shocked:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

blackstar
1 minute ago, ChicaSkas said:

Wait are you saying Interscope gave her a HORSE as a thank-you-for-renewing-with-is gift!? :shocked:

yes

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived