💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga’s Contract with Interscope

Guest ARTPOPSlays

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Delusional Aura said:

How does a horse die so young and quickly unless it's old to begin with. Interscope is cheap. 

I was thinking the same. What is the life span of a horse and how old was it when they gave it to her? It seemed young looking. But I guess **** happens with animals so you never know. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Loyalty said:

This is from 2007.

Wait **** they made her agree to 5 albums before TheFame was even released???

bluemonkey

Well she shouldn’t go to RCA, they screwed over so many of their artists like Tinashe, Interscope looks like heaven compared to them.

Guillaume Hamon
3 hours ago, Maleficent said:

Wait **** they made her agree to 5 albums before TheFame was even released???

A first record deal is often like that when you're unknown. :/ 

I think that Rihanna signed for 6 albums with her very first record deal when she was a teen.

Cloudbusting
7 hours ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

The contract renewal is for another five albums, it entails basically that she has a final say in any deals, endorsements, and or sponsorships. She has more say in terms of A&R and promotion, where she wants to promote and what she wants to promote and what she doesn’t want too, she also has more creative liberty, this also has to do with John Janick, the new head of Interscope completely believing in her and knowing that whatever she does will ultimately be profitable. 

Basically, in their eyes, she’s an established act, who isn’t going anywhere and who’s cemented herself into the culture.

So it means she can pick her singlessss??

ProdigyARTPOP
6 hours ago, fabskt said:

So it means she can pick her singlessss??

No, she can voice her opinion and present it but ultimately that will always be up to the label. & that’s with any record label.

13 hours ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

The contract renewal is for another five albums, it entails basically that she has a final say in any deals, endorsements, and or sponsorships. She has more say in terms of A&R and promotion, where she wants to promote and what she wants to promote and what she doesn’t want too, she also has more creative liberty, this also has to do with John Janick, the new head of Interscope completely believing in her and knowing that whatever she does will ultimately be profitable. 

Basically, in their eyes, she’s an established act, who isn’t going anywhere and who’s cemented herself into the culture.

Thank you!

3 points in and ready for more

Raccoon
7 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

A first record deal is often like that when you're unknown. :/ 

I think that Rihanna signed for 6 albums with her very first record deal when she was a teen.

I thought it was the contrary... Since Britney for example, signed just for the first record, then for 4 more if I'm not mistaken. Because if your debut album flop and you don't make it, the label will have to promote and spend money into more 4 albums? It's not profitable for them.

"The scars on my mind are on replay"

Raccoon

So she originally signed for 5 albums so thats TF, TFM, BTW, AP and Joanne right?

Why didn't CTC count but ASIB OST does? Please explain me guys lol

2 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

So she originally signed for 5 albums so thats TF, TFM, BTW, AP and Joanne right?

No, the last album was CTC. She renewed it before Joanne. So Joanne is her first album under the new contract. :gayhat:

Raccoon
2 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

No, the last album was CTC. She renewed it before Joanne. So Joanne is her first album under the new contract. :gayhat:

I've seen people saying Joanne is the last and The Cure + ASIB is from the new contract hence why the Spotify promo :koons:

ProdigyARTPOP
8 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

CTC is part of a joint deal between Columbia and Interscope 

ProdigyARTPOP
6 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

The last album was Joanne, that was her fifth solo studio album. CTC is a part of a joint deal between Interscope and Columbia 

Raccoon
3 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

CTC is part of a joint deal between Columbia and Interscope 

Isn't ASIB part of Interscope and Warner?

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived