A Star is Born loses at the SAG Awards

Stef

Featured Posts

SwissMonster
37 minutes ago, Kara Brasil said:

It was expected

no need for meltdowns

But if you want some meltdowns I can give a fun fact for everyone:

Since everything is possible this award season. Shallow could lose BOS. If this happens ASIB would be the 7th most snubbed movie of all time at the Oscars. Only six movies have more noms with 0 wins. So if THAT happens we can prepare for the meltdown of the century on this website :vegas:

And now I wish everyone a nice evening :selena:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scathach

The fact Gaga got nominated for her first leading role in a movie is already a major win. Don't be too greedy. I believe this has opened doors for her and she could get nominated again in a few years. Cher won for her second nomination.

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, SwissMonster said:

But if you want some meltdowns I can give a fun fact for everyone:

Since everything is possible this award season. Shallow could lose BOS. If this happens ASIB would be the 7th most snubbed movie of all time at the Oscars. Only six movies has more noms with 0 wins. So if THAT happens we can prepare for the meltdown of the century on this website :vegas:

And now I wish everyone a nice evening :selena:

Why is everyone basing BOS on the SAG awards? Like SAGs don't even have a category for Song. Shallow has won every major Song category at these awards shows. Shallow has a HUGE chance of winning.

SwissMonster
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Why is everyone basing BOS on the SAG awards? Like SAGs don't even have a category for Song. Shallow has won every major Song category at these awards shows. Shallow has a HUGE chance of winning.

When was I refering directly to the SAG awards? :laughga:

I am speaking in general, and even tonight we had huge suprises in other categories, so I say everything is possible. TIHTY got snubbed to, why shouldn’t Shallow? (Even if I know it has the biggest chance of winning)

TimisaMonster

Oh well...Gaga has been winning so many awards...the Oscar's is the most important so eh...:oops:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

SwissMonster
4 minutes ago, Scathach said:

The fact Gaga got nominated for her first leading role in a movie is already a major win. Don't be too greedy. I believe this has opened doors for her and she could get nominated again in a few years. Cher won for her second nomination.

Yeah,  but the problem is not Gaga, it’s ASIB in general. It’s the only award season it can get nominated, so :selena: And it’s not an LM thing to call it a snub, even the newspapers and some TV shows (even in Europe) already speak about the snub of ASIB this award season...

KatieJudasGaga4
3 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

When was I refering directly to the SAG awards? :laughga:

I am speaking in general, and even tonight we had huge suprises in other categories, so I say everything is possible. TIHTY got snubbed to, why shouldn’t Shallow? (Even if I know it has the biggest chance of winning)

Because TIHTY didn't win any awards before it like at the Golden Globes and Critics Choice Awards, while Shallow did win both. Everyone knew that Glenn was the front runner of the category, so.

Judas Society
8 minutes ago, AndrewGr said:

Whoever thinks that Rami's performance was better than Bradley's needs a reality check. Are we forgetting that Rami literally lip-synced to Freddie's voice for the whole movie while Bradley had singing lessons, lowered his voice, performed in front of thousands of audiences in real festivals and created a character from scratch? 

this

SwissMonster
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Because TIHTY didn't win any awards before it like at the Golden Globes and Critics Choice Awards, while Shallow did win both. Everyone knew that Glenn was the front runner of the category, so.

Gosh don’t take it to seriously, I was just pointing at the fun fact of the drama it would be, nothing more.

RAMROD
29 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

rami malek won because he's portraying freddie mercury, the beloved rock star who everyone loves, and rami himself is a pretty like-able guy in the celebrity community

mahershala ali won because well, he's mahershala ali, he's hollywood's new darling

How insulting to downgrade someone's victory over excellent acting performance to "Hollywood new darling" and "potraying beloved rock star and likeable in the celeb community" as if they're an afterthought when they're not.

Besides, you obviously have not seen The Green Book yet and udnerstanding the message it conveys to come to that conclusion about Mahersala Ali.

:diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

hausofdave

TIHTY is totally a different case from Shallow that has virtually won every major critics award possible, theres a reason why Diane and Gaga went out full promo campaign while Sam didn’t have to lay a single hand, the movie. Everyone knew the Bonds movie compared to a little known documentary and besides the writers aren’t listed on the ballots only the movie title and that year even Sam’s song didn’t nab major award (lost CC & snubbed at Grammys). plus Shallow is a well known and acclaimed song that is attached to the movie’s narratived compared to ATS, a song that plays at the end credits.

fun fact: every song this decade that has won the GG & CC has went on to win the Oscar (Skyfall, Let It Go, Glory, City Of Stars)

You guys seem to forget that a small portion of people decide these awards, so please chill out thank you

Actually we don't need an entire thread based on this, we have the SAG thread. Enough.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived