event

2019 SAG Awards

WorstBehavior

Featured Posts

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Epione said:

I still don't get it why Glenn Close wins Best Actress instead of Olivia Colman. The Wife was mediocre. Sorry. :awkney:

I was watching a Gold Derby vid and they said when Jessica Chastain won, people were saying they hadn’t even seen the film but voted for her because she was overdue an Oscar... I think the same thing is happening here, Colman’s performance was the absolute best this year and it annoys me that The Wife (from 2017) can bend the rules and win awards in 2019.

heauxmatica

StrawberryBlond

Very shocking wins, especially best cast. Looks like it wasn't the first to win without being nominated in any major acting categories but that doesn't make it right. Makes a mockery of the ceremony, honestly. What's even more surprising is that The Favourite got 3 noms in the acting categories but was weirdly locked out of the best cast nomination which was next level bizarre. And considering how much that movie had been loved by critics, I was also shocked that it didn't win a single thing. I'm actually wondering if Olivia Colman knew in some way that she wasn't winning, which is why she didn't turn up? Because it's very weird to miss such a prestigious ceremony like this. Emily Blunt winning was also unusual as she hasn't been winning big for this role, especially in the big gun ceremonies. This is the one and only "important" ceremony where she's been nominated for this role so for her to win it was a shocker. It was also worth noting that Regina King wasn't even nominated despite sweeping her category pretty much up until now. But come on, Black Panther for best cast? At the end of the day, it's a superhero movie, it doesn't win the big awards, these are practically the rules. Technical awards, costumes/make up and music are their only chances, it shouldn't even be nominated elsewhere. There's a reason why its the only superhero film to get big awards and we all know why it is. PC BS wins again. But ASIB losing makes me more concerned for Oscars night. The way this is going, I'd rather Bradley just went to the Grammys with her and gave the BAFTAs a miss the same night. Ok, its nomination for best music is probably on lock but its the only one that is. If these ceremonies cannot respect the nominees and give at least one award to a film that's the most nominated of the night, why should nominees respect them by deigning to show up? Shocking that they can get people's hopes up like that and use them for nothing more than ratings fodder.

6 hours ago, truthteller said:

this scene alone >>>>>>>>

That clip was frightfully bad acting, I don't know why so many are saying it was amazing, its cringey as hell. That turned down mouth expression is the look someone makes when they're pretending to look sad, it's so fake looking. And Olivia pulls that face in basically everything she's in. And then she just screams like a crazy woman, which isn't hard to do. I could act out the scene she just did no bother. I don't get why she's getting any awards buzz at all for this.

Epione
7 hours ago, melon said:

I was watching a Gold Derby vid and they said when Jessica Chastain won, people were saying they hadn’t even seen the film but voted for her because she was overdue an Oscar... I think the same thing is happening here, Colman’s performance was the absolute best this year and it annoys me that The Wife (from 2017) can bend the rules and win awards in 2019.

I agree. They should make a category for life time achievement or something similar, because now ignoring other performances just because someone is overdue...

The Wife is nothing special, just ‘Big Eyes’ movie in a different form and the whole never good enough son/cheating husband/opressed wife story was quite boring? Meanwhile The Favourite is one of the best things that happened in the last year. Yorgos Lanthimos delivers one more time. 

SharkmanthaC
14 hours ago, Levine said:

I actually think Hollywood doesn't want Bradley  (and his film) to win because they don't want a new director to win.

The fact that they purposely snubbed him in best director confirms me that.

This is a very interesting point I haven't thought about.

she/her/hers

Archived