Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Ava Max

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Thomas P

This site sometimes :saladga:

no negativity indeed :bye:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WorstBehavior

I don’t really like Sweet But Psycho. But I’ll be checking out her debut album when it drops. I was surprise to not find more songs on Spotify. She’s really new. Anyways, she’s definitely trying to bring dance pop music back to mainstream. And I think her biggest obstacle is Ariana Grande. Back in 2008 (right before Gaga debuted) hip hop was dominating. Just like it is now. However, for Gaga, it was “easier” (not really) to break in and change the sound of mainstream music. At that time, I don’t remember a single female pop star who was standing alone and dominating the charts so much that no one could stop her. A lot of females were doing pretty good. Rihanna, Beyoncé, Britney Spears, The Pussycat Dolls, P!nk, Natasha Bedingfield, etc.. Now, we have Ariana Grande. There’s simply no other female pop star who can stand next to her. She IS pop music now. And unlike Gaga, Ariana is embracing this era of trap music. She’s embracing the current sound. She’s not challenging it. And mind you, Ariana JUST became the main pop girl. For Ava, it will be really hard to try and make dance pop music a thing again when the new “queen” of pop is rapping throughout all her songs. But she can still do it. I wish her the best and I hope I like whatever she has in store.

Didymus

Am I the only one who's like... Ava's song is cute but it's like any other pop song on the radio rn :rip: I really don't hear the originality or the game-changing aspect of it tbh :huh: It's literally just a basic pop song that anyone could've released. It sounds like something Selena or Sia could've released, easily.

So I don't know. I'm just confused. She'll go nowhere lol, she has one catchy song and that'll be it. Her biggest obstacle isn't Ari, it's the fact that people will realize she's not that interesting and will move on.

WorstBehavior
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Am I the only one who's like... Ava's song is cute but it's like any other pop song on the radio rn :rip: I really don't hear the originality or the game-changing aspect of it tbh :huh: It's literally just a basic pop song that anyone could've released. It sounds like something Selena or Sia could've released, easily.

So I don't know. I'm just confused. She'll go nowhere lol, she has one catchy song and that'll be it. Her biggest obstacle isn't Ari, it's the fact that people will realize she's not that interesting and will move on.

I agree. But well, pop fans are lining up for this girl. I guess there’s something we’re missing.

Didymus
59 minutes ago, AMENiCURE said:

y’all stop the hate 

she’s trying at least 

I guess we should also commend Katy for trying to reach her high notes :applause:

Nope, people are giving her a free pass because of some weird, stupid reason. This forum has always been harsh about vocals because Gaga's supposedly vocally superior to everyone so I don't get why we should now all pretend that Ava's vocals are somehow amazing and worthy of appreciation. They're not.

1 hour ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

I’m legit trolling you all in this thread. As if I think Ava Max is The Second Coming, the gurl has had one hit but this site is literally licking her ring piece. :rip: 

Ariana isn’t the Queen of Pop though let’s just get that straight, when she turns 30 she won’t be relevant anymore. 

I would just like to clarify, I was joking too ariana is a fad

RahrahWitch

She seems really nice and sweet, I wish her the best. Do I think she's the savior of Pop music, Not at all but I like 'Sweet but Psycho' and will keep an eye on her for new music.

I Hope her team doesn't feed into the Gaga Comparisons (Which btw I don't get at all) and just let her be her. That'll be a sure way to kill her longevity if they do.

Not perfect but wow I didn't knwo she could sing. I just thought she was like a Bebe rexa or camilla level singer.

Archived