💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Best shot at winning?

WorstBehavior

ASIB  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Best shot at winning for their role?

• Sam Elliott
    • Lady Gaga
    • Bradley Cooper

Featured Posts

WorstBehavior

My prediction:

1. Sam Elliott

I think he’s got the best shot. Although Mahershala Ali is the front runner, he just won an Oscar for Best Supporting just 2 years ago. The Academy are known for nominating (again & again) people who win. But they have a hard a time getting another win in such a small amount of time. Also, if you want to talk about a long overdue Oscar win, Sam Elliott has been doing this thing for over 50 years and this is his very first nomination. And well deserved. I think he’s brilliant in the film.

2. Bradley Cooper

His my second choice. Christian Bale and Rami Malik are ahead of him. However, he got the biggest snubbed of this whole season by not getting a nom for Directing. This I think gives him more chances of winning for Best Actor.

3. Lady Gaga

Although she’s the only one who has won an award for her role, Glenn Close is too strong of a competitor this year. This is Close’s award to lose. However, I’ll make Gaga my number one choice on this thread if she manages to get the SAG.

PunkTheFunk

Gaga. Not that she has a big chance anyway, but I can totally see her pulling off a surprise win (especially after the Critic's Choice tie). As far as I know Bradley and Sam haven't won anything so far.

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Gaga. Not that she has a big chance anyway, but I can totally see her pulling off a surprise win (especially after the Critic's Choice tie). As far as I know Bradley and Sam haven't won anything so far.

Didn't Sam win Best Supporting Actor at the National Board Review thing?

PunkTheFunk
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Didn't Sam win Best Supporting Actor at the National Board Review thing?

He did? I had no idea :laughga:

andy232000

I think Bradley had the best shot for 2 reasons: 

1. Sympathy votes for his Directing snubb

2. Splitting of votes bewteen Christian Bale and Rami Malek 

Sam has not won any important roles this award season. However the fact that he was nominated makes it seem like the Academy is fond of him. 

Gaga has little to no shot at all. She will most likely win Best song, and the voters will be satisfied with just giving her that. However, the fact that Yalitza Aparicio is nominated also shows the Academy liked her (considering she is not a strong competitor this awards season). Also the hype for Roma might gain her some votes as well. This could result in a vote split between front runners Glenn and Coleman, and a few towards Yalitza. Making room for Gaga. Aint happening but its nice to wish 

The SAGs this Sunday will be quite revealing and might at least provide some form of guidance as to the unfolding twists ahead. If Gaga pulls it off this Sunday, then I'm think 50-50 that she scoops the big one next month. If Close wins again this weekend, it's pretty much over I guess.

I'm not knocking on GC for being ahead and that, she is indeed a brilliant Actress, but good Lord, her movie "The Wife" is nowhere on the radar and I'm thinking that she's winning the entire season stretch based on sheer sympathy for never getting anything her entire career, and that, drives me nuts! Considering LG gave it absolutely everything she had in ASIB !

Archived