💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Mary Jane Holland Rock?

JustAnother

Featured Posts

JustAnother

giphy.gif

I was making a list of Gaga’s rock influenced songs and when I was going through ARTPOP I kinda hit a wall with MJH. On one hand it has incredibly sick drums/bass/guitars that scream rock, but I feel like they’re tucked away behind all the electronic stems that obviously give it a more EDM feel (as apposed to MANiCURE where there the drums/bass/guitars are more prominent than the other stems). What are y’all throughts? Would you add it to a rock playlist?

AlexanderMagno

Not at all. It has some very heavy synths, but not rock at all. It's just a heavier EDM.

derpmonster

I can totally see a rock version of it being made. Ugh it would be so good. Never happening but... Ugh. :diane:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
Just now, Der Meister said:

Progressive pop-edm-glam-rock

Unlike Ms. Shallow according to Salon :what:

JustAnother
5 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I can totally see a rock version of it being made. Ugh it would be so good. Never happening but... Ugh. :diane:

This is amazing 

Smother Em Eh

No it’s just really heavy EDM. I can kinda see why people would think it is rock inspired tho. A rock MJH would slay too! :rockstar:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

17 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Not at all. It has some very heavy synths, but not rock at all. It's just a heavier EDM.

I'd say that it is EDM that is VERY inspired by large stadium 80s rock in its structure, especially the bridge.

derpmonster
12 minutes ago, JustAnother said:

This is amazing 

Wish he sang with some metal vocals

JazzGa

I think the electronic sounds are more dominant than the guitar/bass sounds and the drums are electronic as well. Plus that electro bridge is such a centerpiece of the song. So I say it belongs on an EDM playlist but not a rock playlist. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived