Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

TIHTY or Shallow- Which is More Oscar Worthy?

Gracious Gaga

Which would you give the Oscar to?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Till It Happens To You
    • Shallow

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga

So if y’all remember, this isn’t the first time Gaga has been nominated for an Oscar in the Best Original Song category.  Sam Smith snatched the Oscar from “Till It Happens To You”, meanwhile Gaga snatched the show with best performance of the night.

I am one of those Little Monsters who are still bitter about Gaga’s loss.  However, I am very optimistic that “Shallow” will give her that well deserved Oscar.

But I want to know- if y’all had to give one of these songs the Oscar- which would you give it to?  The tear jerking and emotional “Till It Happens To You” or the raw and edgy “Shallow”?  

I personallt think Till It Happens To You is a very strong song with a great message.  

♥ Kindness Police.

Ryusei

for her: Shallow cause i think she had more to do with it and the song being so vital in the movie.  

Musery

Thomas P

Shallow is clearly the better song. Feel free to attack me if you disagree :kiss:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

AlexanderMagno

Shallow. Sure, fans were butt-hurt for TIHTY loss, but the only thing that song had was an incredibly powerful message. As a song, it's not award worthy.

TIHTY

It's a more fleshed out and well-produced song with a meaning attached to that millions of Americans can relate to. 

Shallow is just... eh. I mean I like the song but id love to hear an official solo studio version like she performs in the movie. I mean we only ever hear a half baked version thought of last minute and performed live. I mean like others have said even the structure of the song is messy. 

JazzGa

Shallow's a way better song! TIHTY was a good first attempt at Oscar bait but its message is very hamfisted. Musically, Shallow has a more interesting structure, better vocal performances, more interesting context, and is all around a superior track as well. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Glamourpuss
6 minutes ago, Eros92 said:

TIHTY

It's a more fleshed out and well-produced song with a meaning attached to that millions of Americans can relate to. 

Shallow is just... eh. I mean I like the song but id love to hear an official solo studio version like she performs in the movie. I mean we only ever hear a half baked version thought of last minute and performed live. I mean like others have said even the structure of the song is messy. 

:what:

RichAssPiss

Shallow is the truest type of song that should win the Oscar. It is integral to the film. It's what connects the two main characters. We hear it in the parking lot scene and then again at their first duet. And, of course, when Jack misses their duet at the end, that cements the loss. It is a song written for, and expertly used to tell a story.

12 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

:what:

I said what I said :madge:

Maybe a fully realized version of Shallow would sway me otherwise but as the song is now... No. There's just nothing about it that stands out. Lyrically it's nothing special. And while it holds a lot of meaning in-universe between Ally and Jackson but without that context, it just sounds like another song. 

Archived