Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Madonna album...

Davian

Featured Posts

That J
1 hour ago, Davian said:

@Ryusei @River @McYves @thwip @FfFfFfFF @ARTBOP @Didymus @MaryJaneHolland @Cherubjudas @elijahfan @Pluto @MrDarkGa @That J @super ultra @GypsyVida @Glamourpuss @androiduser @shoful 

Thanks for all the recommendations in Madonna's huge discography:tony: I'm gonna start (now) with Confessions On a Dance Floor because almost everybody said that:vegas: After that I will do Ray Of Light because a lot of people mentioned that too:D

Weirdly intrigued to listen to Erotica because of the unusual sound and theme, like many people mentioned. But I think I'll first listen to the other ones.

I recommend getting into her a bit more before heading into Erotica. Keep in mind that Erotica came out in like 1992 but it does hold up well!  Pay attention to the year these albums were released in and you'll see how there were many times she was ahead of the curve. 

It won't take that long to catch up and once you get some of those main albums out of the way, we will take you thru some of the original classics!  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confessions On A Dance Floor as a full body of work is amazing, and then just listen to Celebration Greatest Hits. All you really need from her imo lol

Cloudbusting

When I decided to explore her music I listened to everything in order... I mean it is a good idea because you can see the evolution but I think COADF is also a great way to start!

bluemonkey
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

Btw, if you do end up choosing Confessions to start with, make sure you listen to the "non-stop mix" version (that's actually what it's called on Spotify) and not the version on which all tracks are separate (as in, each having their intro and outro, not blending into one another). It's an essential part of the album and Madonna made it that way intentionally as a protest against the then upcoming "shuffle mode" of music listening which she found damaging to experiencing music (albums) :whitney:

Yeah she talked about how she didn’t like the pauses in between songs and it ruined her groove when dancing at parties. It’s a great concept and a pop masterpiece. Not to mention that era she started the leotard trend that many popstars still follow (I wish they didn’t, tired of it)

Davian
4 minutes ago, fabskt said:

When I decided to explore her music I listened to everything in order... I mean it is a good idea because you can see the evolution but I think COADF is also a great way to start!

Normally I don't start with the debut albums of older artists because they have not evolved yet you know. Like I was happy that I didn't start with Xtina's debut because that was my least favourite after listening to all. Although I don't think I made the right choice to start with MDNA for Madonna either:huntyga: 

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

bluemonkey
2 minutes ago, Davian said:

Normally I don't start with the debut albums of older artists because they have not evolved yet you know. Like I was happy that I didn't start with Xtina's debut because that was my least favourite after listening to all. Although I don't think I made the right choice to start with MDNA for Madonna either:huntyga: 

I thought MDNA is not bad, it’s well produced but yeah it makes Madonna look like a Nark. I enjoyed it the first few listens but it got old real fast just like her lol :trollga:

misunderstood

Ray of Light is her most overrated one and I can tell you that as a fan. It’s not the 2nd coming of Jesus like people act like. American Life, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Like a Prayer, Confessions On a Dance Floor are much better

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Davian
2 minutes ago, bluemonkey said:

I thought MDNA is not bad, it’s well produced but yeah it makes Madonna look like a Nark. I enjoyed it the first few listens but it got old real fast just like her lol :trollga:

Well it had some good songs but more bad songs IMO. Especially Gang Bang gave me a wrong impression of her... I cringed every time she said BITCH:laughga: I wasn't the worst song of the album but that part...

Davian
4 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

Ray of Light is her most overrated one and I can tell you that as a fan. It’s not the 2nd coming of Jesus like people act like. American Life, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Like a Prayer, Confessions On a Dance Floor are much better

Well I'm planning on listening in a couple of minutes so we'll see:sweat: 

misunderstood
1 minute ago, Davian said:

Well I'm planning on listening in a couple of minutes so we'll see:sweat: 

It has some of her best songs (Frozen, The Power of Goodbye, & Nothing Really Matters)

I personally don’t find it that good

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Jeroen Bloeming

I thought Rebel Heart was her best alongside True Blue. Make sure to listen to her live albums too because some live versions are a lot better than the originals

Cloudbusting
22 minutes ago, Davian said:

Give us an update when you listen to more albums!! Hope you enjoy them I sure did :sara:

bluemonkey
17 minutes ago, Davian said:

Well it had some good songs but more bad songs IMO. Especially Gang Bang gave me a wrong impression of her... I cringed every time she said BITCH:laughga: I wasn't the worst song of the album but that part...

Very true, I agree. I also thought the bitch part was try hard especially since Britney popularized the “it’s Britney bitch” and Gaga with the “I’m a free bitch” so it seems she tried to replicate that horribly With the “bitch I’m Madonna” I actually liked Gang Bang because of the production but yeah it got old. 

Davian

@Ryusei @River @thwip @FfFfFfFF @ARTBOP @Didymus @MaryJaneHolland @Cherubjudas @elijahfan @MrDarkGa @That J @super ultra @GypsyVida @Glamourpuss @androiduser @shoful @Smother Em Eh @Antichrist @TMM90 @Reidstar @fabskt @bluemonkey @misunderstood

For those who recommended Confessions on a Dance Floor:tony:

I listened to the non-stop version and there was no skips! Not that I could skip but that's beside the point:huntyga: I really liked it and it was so cohesive! I had so much groove, and that's what I like from songs like 4 Minutes and Give It 2 Me:excited: These were my favourites:

Hung Up (already knew it but never got to appreciate it fully with headphones)

Get Together

Sorry

I Love New York

Jump

How High

Next is Ray Of Light:music:

Pennywise

I agree with everything Confessions. That album is like a 2000's pop bible.

I also love American Life and Music. Especially the slower songs from those, like Easy Ride and Gone, or Intervention.

Honestly she has so many good songs.

Until Rebel Heart of course but we don't talk about that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived