Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Madonna album...

Davian

Featured Posts

Monster7
16 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well, you basically listened to her worst albums :laughga:

The most critically and publicly acclaimed records are Like a Prayer, Erotica, Ray of Light, Music and Confessions on a Dance Floor, so you should definitely listen to those first :party: I would start with the ones I bolded and not Erotica because it is somewhat of an odd one, and it takes some time to appreciate as it's very out there.

Something else you can do is listen to her Celebration greatest hits album. It will give you an amazing look into her most important songs from her debut to 2009, which tbh is basically the end of her releasing quality music.

If you do wanna give albums a try instead, I'll just describe them in one sentence so you can choose based on something you already like, that'll be a lot easier:

Like a Prayer — complex pop compositions and storytelling in an 80s jacket
Erotica — slow and brooding 90s dance-pop and house with an erotic theme
Ray of Light — spritual, atmospheric electronics and emotional storytelling
Music — unique, emotional blend of acoustic and electronic sounds and emotional storytelling
Confessions on a Dance Floor — powerful modern disco-pop descending into an atmospheric, emotional narrative

Enjoy :flutter:

These right there:tony: I would also say True Blue

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO anything Self-Titled - 2005 should stand you in good stead. Her 80's - 90's stuff is her best to me though.

That J

I would do:

Music

Confessions

Bedtime Stories

Ray Of Light

American Life

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Glamourpuss

True Blue because it's got some pop gems and was the first album I listened to as a child and made me love her music. Its got so many classics on it such as Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Live to Tell and La Isla Bonita. 

Ray of Light because it's more experimental and different to her previous work. 

Confessions on a Dancefloor because it's a great dance album. There are so many good songs on it such as Future Lovers, Forbidden Love (you definitely have to listen to that song), Hung Up and Sorry

And then I would recommend exploring the rest of her music after listening to these. :)

androiduser

if you don't know her at all, start with some greatest hits compilation.... if you are interested in a studio album, start with Confessions... it's very Madonna and still modern enough to be relevant and accessible at this time

shoful

I personally fell in love with Rebel Heart then went on to discover her past. I got her Celebration compilation album (its like 32 songs of her biggest hits). Then for some reason I was so drawn to the song Erotica. So I listened to that album and FELL IN LOVE! But as people stated above Erotica is a weird one. Its very cold, monotone and hit you like a truck. But I would recommend Confessions and Ray of Light. They are her most critically acclaimed albums and very easy to get into 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Davian

@Ryusei @River @McYves @thwip @FfFfFfFF @ARTBOP @Didymus @MaryJaneHolland @Cherubjudas @elijahfan @Pluto @MrDarkGa @That J @super ultra @GypsyVida @Glamourpuss @androiduser @shoful 

Thanks for all the recommendations in Madonna's huge discography:tony: I'm gonna start (now) with Confessions On a Dance Floor because almost everybody said that:vegas: After that I will do Ray Of Light because a lot of people mentioned that too:D

Weirdly intrigued to listen to Erotica because of the unusual sound and theme, like many people mentioned. But I think I'll first listen to the other ones.

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Smother Em Eh

Start with Erotica, then go to Ray Of Light, then Confessions On A Dance Floor. Then to her debut and then to Like A Virgin and so on. But those I recommend to you the most. She has a wonderful pop discography! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Davian
2 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Her vocals are shaky because that's how her voice is. :shrug: Compared to Gaga even her Ray of Light (her best album - vocally) vocal performance is inferior. People consider it a masterpiece anyways so listen to it and see if you like it. Also, consider Like A Prayer, Confessions on a Dance Floor, American Life or Music. 

If you like Ray of Light, follow with Music (has both ballads and more techno songs) or Bedtime Stories (which is a very slow R&B type of album). If you don't, try Confessions on a Dance Floor (very dance and upbeat).

Maybe I was to get used to it. It didn't bother me in some songs but there were also songs that I would've liked with a different voice:oops:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Glamourpuss

@Davian that's a good order to start with. I think you're right to listen to the others before Erotica as it's one of those that some people like and others don't. 

15 minutes ago, Davian said:

@Ryusei @River @McYves @thwip @FfFfFfFF @ARTBOP @Didymus @MaryJaneHolland @Cherubjudas @elijahfan @Pluto @MrDarkGa @That J @super ultra @GypsyVida @Glamourpuss @androiduser @shoful 

Thanks for all the recommendations in Madonna's huge discography:tony: I'm gonna start (now) with Confessions On a Dance Floor because almost everybody said that:vegas: After that I will do Ray Of Light because a lot of people mentioned that too:D

Weirdly intrigued to listen to Erotica because of the unusual sound and theme, like many people mentioned. But I think I'll first listen to the other ones.

It would be interesting if you could update this thread later on to let us know what you think of the suggestions and which tracks you liked the most. :)

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived