💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Madonna album...

Davian

Featured Posts

Davian

...would you recommend me? 

So I've never been a fan of her. I never heard her albums when the whole Madonna/Gaga feud was going on. So I never really wanted to give her a change because I didn't like her attitude. And the fact that my mom was a Madonna fan back in the day didn't help it either:laughga:
But I finally decided to give her a change because she wasn't called Queen of Pop for no reason. I listened to MDNA, Hard Candy and Rebel Heart and wasn't that impressed. Not a fan of her shaky vocals and a lot of songs didn't grab my attention or were just bad. After listening I read that these are some of her worst albums, so is it worth listening to other albums of hers? If so, which ones?:shrug:

Thanks in advance:hug:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian

Songs that I liked:
Candy Shop
4 Minutes (love this one:giveup:)
Give It 2 Me
Miles Away
Girl Gone Wild (:applause:)
Give Me All Your Luvin' (guilty pleasure for sure:oops:)
Living For Love
Devil Pray
Ghost Town

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Ryusei

confessions on a dancefloor. You'll be bopping through your home, school, the streets, wherever the heck you are.

Musery

Start with Confessions, Ray of Light and then start with her first album.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

"Music" (2000) is actually a very nice place to start. If you want to explore "retro" Madonna, I recommend "True Blue".

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

FfFfFfFF

Her vocals are shaky because that's how her voice is. :shrug: Compared to Gaga even her Ray of Light (her best album - vocally) vocal performance is inferior. People consider it a masterpiece anyways so listen to it and see if you like it. Also, consider Like A Prayer, Confessions on a Dance Floor, American Life or Music. 

If you like Ray of Light, follow with Music (has both ballads and more techno songs) or Bedtime Stories (which is a very slow R&B type of album). If you don't, try Confessions on a Dance Floor (very dance and upbeat).

Confessions is a great start yes, and make sure you watch the Confessions tour, your mind will be blown

Didymus

Well, you basically listened to her worst albums :laughga:

The most critically and publicly acclaimed records are Like a Prayer, Erotica, Ray of Light, Music and Confessions on a Dance Floor, so you should definitely listen to those first :party: I would start with the ones I bolded and not Erotica because it is somewhat of an odd one, and it takes some time to appreciate as it's very out there.

Something else you can do is listen to her Celebration greatest hits album. It will give you an amazing look into her most important songs from her debut to 2009, which tbh is basically the end of her releasing quality music.

If you do wanna give albums a try instead, I'll just describe them in one sentence so you can choose based on something you already like, that'll be a lot easier:

Like a Prayer — complex pop compositions and storytelling in an 80s jacket
Erotica — slow and brooding 90s dance-pop and house with an erotic theme
Ray of Light — spritual, atmospheric electronics and emotional storytelling
Music — unique, emotional blend of acoustic and electronic sounds and emotional storytelling
Confessions on a Dance Floor — powerful modern disco-pop descending into an atmospheric, emotional narrative

Enjoy :flutter:

Cherubjudas

Madonna(self titled),Like a Virgin,Like a Prayer True Blue,COADF are my favorites but i like 80's. At least listen The Immaculate Collection and give it try

Didymus
1 minute ago, ARTBOP said:

Confessions is a great start yes, and make sure you watch the Confessions tour, your mind will be blown

I second this, watching her tours (and her music video's, I should add) is a great way to get introduced to what made Madonna such a force for so many decades. It's not just about the music (which is great on its own, of course), it's about the full package.

As Gaga herself said in one of her very first interviews: Madonna, like no other, found a way to blend music with image in an unprecedented, compelling way.

Definitely check out Drowned World Tour, Confessions Tour, Sticky & Sweet Tour and MDNA Tour :party: And Girlie Show if you found a way to appreciate the difficult but genius Erotica album :nick:

Didymus

Btw, if you do end up choosing Confessions to start with, make sure you listen to the "non-stop mix" version (that's actually what it's called on Spotify) and not the version on which all tracks are separate (as in, each having their intro and outro, not blending into one another). It's an essential part of the album and Madonna made it that way intentionally as a protest against the then upcoming "shuffle mode" of music listening which she found damaging to experiencing music (albums) :whitney:

elijahfan

Not the best albums for a start.... Definitely listen to Confessions on a Dancefloor. I also think American Life is one of her best in recent years.

You can't go wrong with Erotica / Bedtime Stories / Ray of Light. I find Confessions overrated :green:

anybody knows you can conjure anything by the dark of the moon

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived