💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Madonna album...

Davian

Featured Posts

Davian
2 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I agree with your ratings! American Life > Music (even though it's s grower). Impressive Instant is the definitive standout from Music.

One good song that is missing on the US version of Music but appears on European version is American Pie. Paradise (Not For Me) is another standout that is blocked on some streaming services. The Japanese version has a weird techno song Cyberraga. It's up to you if you decide to give them a listen when you re-visit Music. 

Yes I really enjoyed that one! It's all of the place, but in a good way.

As for American Pie and Paradise (Not For Me), they were on the version I listened to. American Pie was cute and catchy but I think it's a bit overplayed for me. I heard that song so much.
I could't really get into Paradise. Maybe it's a grower but it's a bit too long and slow for my taste, combined with that voice effect. :shrug:

I'd like to give Cyberraga a chance tho!

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian
1 hour ago, andy69 said:

NOW THAT IS SOME MOTHERF*CKING TASTE, Y'ALL!!!

You should look up the original, uncensored version of the "American Life" music video, if you haven't seen it already. It is the only time Madonna has ever caved into public pressure and nixed an idea due to controversy. In the uncensored version, the video ends with Madonna throwing a grenade into a stupidly smiling George W. Bush's hands. The video is a huge commentary on how the media was selling Americans on the idea of the Iraq War in the same way that the sell fashion or other goods; how violence had been commercialized into a consumable good for a white, western public. It's INCREDIBLE.

I love some controversy:reductive: That sounds so cool, I will definitely check that one out!

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, Davian said:

Yes I really enjoyed that one! It's all of the place, but in a good way.

As for American Pie and Paradise (Not For Me), they were on the version I listened to. American Pie was cute and catchy but I think it's a bit overplayed for me. I heard that song so much.
I could't really get into Paradise. Maybe it's a grower but it's a bit too long and slow for my taste, combined with that voice effect. :shrug:

I'd like to give Cyberraga a chance tho!

What makes me love Paradise (Not For Me) are the synths, the drums, the structure which is quite unconventional. I didn't love it from the start because I thought it was too similar with Nobody's Perfect.

Anyway, you don't have to like it just because I did. :shrug: We all have our favorites. 

FfFfFfFF

What I love about Music is that even though I don't love every song individually they work when I play the album in full.

Davian
1 hour ago, bluemonkey said:

I have a hard time listening to her early albums because of her Minnie Mouse voice. Is it just me? I don’t like Like A Virgin because of that but Like A Prayer is a favorite song of mine but never got around to listening to the album, is it worth giving it a spin?

Listened to Like A Prayer/Virgin yesterday and I felt the same. I mostly enjoyed the singles but the rest not so much.  But I do see why it was so popular and polarising at the time. So I would say it's worth listening just for your educating if that makes sense:huntyga:
If you listened to other albums of hers you will even hear some cool Easter eggs. 
In Love Song there is a line: Time goed by so slowly for those who wait (Hung Up)
In Art of Contrition she says: Oh My God, I'm heartily sorry for having offended thee (Girl Gone Wild intro)

Davian
10 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

What makes me love Paradise (Not For Me) are the synths, the drums, the structure which is quite unconventional. I didn't love it for the start because I thought it was too similar with Nobody's Perfect.

Anyway, you don't have to like it just because I did. :shrug: We all have our favorites. 

Yes that's true. Maybe after a few times listening to it but for now I'll stick to the ones I mentioned:)

Its a fan favourite tho. I looked up some older Madonna megarates on GGD, and it got rated as the second best Madonna song of all! So you're not alone:giggle:

insight
51 minutes ago, Davian said:

Yea her discography is huge:giveup: Yesterday I learned that she also has a lot of soundtracks.
:sara:

Her soundtrack singles: Crazy for you, Gambler, Who's that girl, Causin a commotion, Look of love, This used to be my playground, I'll remember, Beautiful Stranger, American Pie, Time stood still, Die another day. 

check out her Something To Remember ballads compilations, they are exquisite! 

FfFfFfFF
7 minutes ago, insight said:

Her soundtrack singles: Crazy for you, Gambler, Who's that girl, Causin a commotion, Look of love, This used to be my playground, I'll remember, Beautiful Stranger, American Pie, Time stood still, Die another day. 

Don't forget Masterpiece and Evita.

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

What makes me love Paradise (Not For Me) are the synths, the drums, the structure which is quite unconventional. I didn't love it for the start because I thought it was too similar with Nobody's Perfect.

I could have written all of this myself. :pawsup:

Glamourpuss
45 minutes ago, insight said:

Beautiful Stranger is so good. :woohoo:

I listened to it recently and it still sounds so modern and hasn't dated at all. It's such a fun song too. 

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, Davian said:

Listened to Like A Prayer/Virgin yesterday and I felt the same. I mostly enjoyed the singles but the rest not so much.  But I do see why it was so popular and polarising at the time. So I would say it's worth listening just for your educating if that makes sense:huntyga:
If you listened to other albums of hers you will even hear some cool Easter eggs. 
In Love Song there is a line: Time goed by so slowly for those who wait (Hung Up)
In Art of Contrition she says: Oh My God, I'm heartily sorry for having offended thee (Girl Gone Wild intro)

Her 80s album are quite bland, but Like A Prayer is brilliant imo. It has that spicy funk-pop groove blended with rock elements which I love. I had the title track, Til Death Do Us Part, Keep It Together, Spanish Eyes, Oh Father on heavy rotation for like a month.

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived