Loved it!:tony:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian
6 hours ago, Cavadour said:

Ray Of Light.

Considering pros & cons, to me this is the best Madonna album. Not for every taste, especially not if you look for the typical pop dance Madonna style. This is the album I used to successfully recommend to all Madonna haters.

The stellar production of William Orbit was the trigger. I used to like some Madonna hits from the beginning, but I've never fell for a complete album. I've been an early fan of W.O. (his Torch Song albums with ethereal female vocals, the Strange Cargo series...). He was the most advanced electro-pop producer of the moment and I was eagerly waiting for his colaboration with Madonna. It just came out as a perfect gem. Still unsurpassed today...

Really liked the album! I totally did not expect the production. It was up beat but the same time slow, very interesting:)

11 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Skin, The Power of Good-By and Sky Fits Heaven are the songs that got me into Madonna.

I don't know which version you listened, but US version doesn't have ''Has To Be'' so I suggest you to give it a listen too, gorgeous song :diane:.

It was not on the version I listened to but I really liked it:) Sadly it's not on Apple Music

That J
7 minutes ago, Davian said:

Really liked the album! I totally did not expect the production. It was up beat but the same time slow, very interesting:)

It was not on the version I listened to but I really liked it:) Sadly it's not on Apple Music

Like a Flower is an unreleased song from the Ray Of Light sessions. I love this song!

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J

This is an outtake from between the ROL and Music sessions.. love this too

And here is a soundtrack song you wont hear on any album of hers that's worthy..

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Davian
14 hours ago, That J said:

Like a Flower is an unreleased song from the Ray Of Light sessions. I love this song!

14 hours ago, That J said:

This is an outtake from between the ROL and Music sessions.. love this too

And here is a soundtrack song you wont hear on any album of hers that's worthy..

Each beautiful songs! I especially like Time Stood Still:golfclap:

Davian

@McYves @FfFfFfFF @Didymus @elijahfan @That J @GypsyVida @Glamourpuss @TMM90 @misunderstood @littlefreakster @andy69 @ropi

For the people that suggested Music and/or American Life:tony:
(also if you don't like being tagged, just tell me so I won't do it anymore:hug:)

Music
So I listened to Music first and I wasn't as impressed... For me it less standouts than COADF and ROF. But I also think it's a grower. Especially the 'techno-ish' tracks took me a while to get into, but I like them now. It certainly had it's ups, this are my favourites:

Music
Impressive Instant (Love the 'I'm in a trance' part:giveup:)
Runaway Lover
Amazing
Gone

American Life
I loved this one! It had a lot of standouts that I liked upon first listen! I even got watery eyes from one song, which I never thought I would get from a Madonna song:laughga: My favourites are:

American Life (a grower but I really like it)
Hollywood
Love Profusion
Nothing Fails (the choir:giveup:)
Intervention
X-Static Process (this was the song:laughga:)

Next: Like A Prayer/True Blue:music:

I'm surprised that almost no one mentions the True Blue album, some great single on there, definitely listen to it

Make sure you listen to the Immaculate Collection, it's the definitive 80s compilation of her songs (+ it also has Justify My Love and Rescue Me which are good introduction to Erotica)

Glamourpuss
9 minutes ago, Italian said:

I'm surprised that almost no one mentions the True Blue album, some great single on there, definitely listen to it

Make sure you listen to the Immaculate Collection, it's the definitive 80s compilation of her songs (+ it also has Justify My Love and Rescue Me which are good introduction to Erotica)

I mentioned True Blue. There are so many good songs on that album. 🙂

Didymus

X-Static gets me too tbh :giveup: 

I’m so glad you’re enjoying these albums. Always great to discover that some legends actually have great stuff lol, it’s so easy to take them for granted.

And with Madge there’s sooo much to discover :air: 

FfFfFfFF
7 hours ago, Davian said:

@McYves @FfFfFfFF @Didymus @elijahfan @That J @GypsyVida @Glamourpuss @TMM90 @misunderstood @littlefreakster @andy69 @ropi

For the people that suggested Music and/or American Life:tony:
(also if you don't like being tagged, just tell me so I won't do it anymore:hug:)

Music
So I listened to Music first and I wasn't as impressed... For me it less standouts than COADF and ROF. But I also think it's a grower. Especially the 'techno-ish' tracks took me a while to get into, but I like them now. It certainly had it's ups, this are my favourites:

Music
Impressive Instant (Love the 'I'm in a trance' part:giveup:)
Runaway Lover
Amazing
Gone

American Life
I loved this one! It had a lot of standouts that I liked upon first listen! I even got watery eyes from one song, which I never thought I would get from a Madonna song:laughga: My favourites are:

Hollywood
Love Profusion
Intervention

Next: Like A Prayer/True Blue:music:

I agree with your ratings! American Life > Music (even though it's s grower). Impressive Instant is the definitive standout from Music.

One good song that is missing on the US version of Music but appears on European version is American Pie. Paradise (Not For Me) is another standout that is blocked on some streaming services. The Japanese version has a weird techno song Cyberraga. It's up to you if you decide to give them a listen when you re-visit Music. 

8 hours ago, Davian said:

American Life

Hollywood
Love Profusion
Intervention

NOW THAT IS SOME MOTHERF*CKING TASTE, Y'ALL!!!

You should look up the original, uncensored version of the "American Life" music video, if you haven't seen it already. It is the only time Madonna has ever caved into public pressure and nixed an idea due to controversy. In the uncensored version, the video ends with Madonna throwing a grenade into a stupidly smiling George W. Bush's hands. The video is a huge commentary on how the media was selling Americans on the idea of the Iraq War in the same way that the sell fashion or other goods; how violence had been commercialized into a consumable good for a white, western public. It's INCREDIBLE.

bluemonkey

I have a hard time listening to her early albums because of her Minnie Mouse voice. Is it just me? I don’t like Like A Virgin because of that but Like A Prayer is a favorite song of mine but never got around to listening to the album, is it worth giving it a spin?

Davian
5 hours ago, Didymus said:

X-Static gets me too tbh :giveup: 

I’m so glad you’re enjoying these albums. Always great to discover that some legends actually have great stuff lol, it’s so easy to take them for granted.

And with Madge there’s sooo much to discover :air: 

Yea her discography is huge:giveup: Yesterday I learned that she also has a lot of soundtracks.
I love learning about new artists! I recently discovered Mariah Carey, she has some amazing songs too. And the voice alone:sara:

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived