💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ariana to Break Pop-Star Rules in 2019

WorstBehavior

Featured Posts

WorstBehavior

Ariana Grande Will Continue to Break Pop-Star Rules in 2019

Profiled for a Billboard cover story in December, Ariana Grande—who had been named the magazine’s woman of the year—explained her current thinking about how she wants to go about releasing music. The pop star put out an extremely successfulalbum, Sweetener, in August 2018, and, only a few months later—shortly after the album’s third single (“Breathin”) had officially been released—dropped a new single, “Thank U, Next,” which went on to become the most successful single of her career, spending five consecutive weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. (And the music video, in which Grande portrayed four different romantic-comedy heroines, was something of a pop-cultural supernova in of itself.)

Grande told the magazine that she wants to release music when . . . she feels like releasing music, and is not worried about adhering to the typical scheduling pattern that pop stars have mostly been sticking to for decades. “My dream has always been to be—obviously not a rapper, but, like, to put out music in the way that a rapper does,” she said. “I feel like there are certain standards that pop women are held to that men aren’t. We have to do the teaser before the single, then do the single, and wait to do the pre-order, and radio has to impact before the video, and we have to do the discount on this day, and all this ****. It’s just like, ‘Bruh, I just want to ****ing talk to my fans and sing and write music and drop it the way these boys do. Why do they get to make records like that and I don’t?’ So I do and I did and I am, and I will continue to.”

It is highly unusual for a star at Grande’s level—arguably at the top of the ranks right now—to release an album so closely on the heels of a previous one. But Grande does not seem at all concerned about what’s usual or typical right now—and it’s exciting! “two albums in six months huh. that’s deep. love u. talk sooon,” she tweeted on Monday. And talk to us soon she will.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2019/01/ariana-grande-thank-u-next-album-track-list-release-date

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei

but she did the teaser and the pre-order and the single before the album :selena: anyways everyone should release music the way they want and deal with whatever consequences may occur themselves. Kpop groups release a new album/mini-album every 6 months too just that they only promote one song that is like the title track (or sometimes even 3 mini albums in 1 year). Take 6 months, take 6 years whatever just release good music. And she won't continue to release an album every six months lol this just happened to be her mood and she did it. 

I almost feel like Beyoncé "broke the popstar rules" more by not having like an official single or that official promo and all that and just dropping her last 2 albums over night. Ariana still did teasers and pre-order and all that.

Musery

queen invented releasing an album after another and making it seems revolutionary 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Ariana Grande, a pop-star rule breaker!

Gaga who?

vmadresses10.jpg

Beyonce who?

25-beyonce-lemonade-cover.w700.h700.jpg

Rihanna who?

Rihanna.jpg

Katy Perry who? 

1491996078_707762_1491996591_noticia_nor

Mariah who? 

CuxatfbWEAAXNJX.jpg

7 minutes ago, WorstBehavior said:

We have to do the teaser before the single, then do the single, and wait to do the pre-order, and radio has to impact before the video, and we have to do the discount on this day, and all this ****

but she did all of this :oprah:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Azor Ahai
9 minutes ago, WorstBehavior said:

We have to do the teaser before the single, then do the single, and wait to do the pre-order, and radio has to impact before the video, and we have to do the discount on this day, and all this ****. It’s just like, ‘Bruh, I just want to ****ing talk to my fans and sing and write music and drop it the way these boys do. Why do they get to make records like that and I don’t?’ So I do and I did and I am, and I will continue to.”

She literally did everything she supposedly doesn't do :saladga:

The only thing that's weird is she's releasing the 2 albums so close to each other.

FentyGa
5 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

but she did the teaser and the pre-order and the single before the album :selena:

She's still at a label. As much success and fame as she has, the label still gets final say. My guess is that they agreed to let her elease another album so quckly, but she had to agree to a typical single release.
I think she'll make moves to release more freely if TU,N does well (which it already has)

Regina George

Girl all you are breaking is the quality of true pop music. Give us a break.

I like her honestly but she is getting on my nerves thinking this is something that has never been done before.. Rappers have done it since 2000s and it’s nothing groundbreaking. Also she is hypocritical saying this because she did what every pop girl did since forever aka released the first single, second single and then album preorder and then album release with probably two more singles. Gaga has been doing this since forever. 

Just now, babyboo said:

she literally only said she'd like to not be bound by the conventional way of releasing music

Yeah. Which is cool, and I commend her for wanting to release whenever she wants to! But that's all I really got from it.

Good for her!

3 points in and ready for more

17 minutes ago, WorstBehavior said:

I feel like there are certain standards that pop women are held to that men aren’t. We have to do the teaser before the single, then do the single, and wait to do the pre-order, and radio has to impact before the video, and we have to do the discount on this day, and all this ****

LITERALLY EVERYONE ON GGD LMFAOOO

soo many people complain about her not doing that, and I'm living for this. Why can't it be like soundcloud rappers? why can't they release music whenever, however they want? thank you, stay!

2 minutes ago, Miel said:

Yeah. Which is cool, and I commend her for wanting to release whenever she wants to! But that's all I really got from it.

Good for her!

yeah that's what the article is about :triggered:

Archived