💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Marina de Tavira from ROMA chances to win the Oscar?

warioaddams

Featured Posts

SHALLOW

Nope. ROMA is great but the acting really wasn't that challenging. The shots were really beautiful tho

zakariah

the fact that she's nominated surprised me, like I feel like she has a higher chance to win than emma & rachel now, but I still think regina king's gonna win it though

Gagz4Gaga
9 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

the fact that she's nominated surprised me, like I feel like she has a higher chance to win than emma & rachel now, but I still think regina king's gonna win it though

I am actually predicting Amy Adams to win. :yay:The supporting actress is a toss up between her and Regina King imo. But King wasn’t even nominated for SAG or BAFTA and that is a very difficult hurdle to overcome. Emma and Rachel might split votes and for Marina’s out of nowhere nom, I think it’s already an achievement for her to be included in the lineup.

nostalgia’s for geeks

She literally has no chance of winning, because she's clearly the weakest and most undeserving of the line up. She's there only because of ROMA. :triggered:

No. She's like this year's Jacki Weaver. These sorts of surprise nominations mostly happen in supporting categories and they never win. 

Azor Ahai

She wasn't that impressive. At least Yalitza had some tough and emotional scenes to film. She was just a middle class wife.

The main actress needs to win because if not she'll kill everyone.. she has this jealousy eyes omg

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Sorcerer

Unfortunately, I would have nominated Claire Foy in First Man and Emily Blunt in A Quiet Place before her. This race is between Regina King and Amy Adams.

zakariah
10 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

I am actually predicting Amy Adams to win. :yay:The supporting actress is a toss up between her and Regina King imo. But King wasn’t even nominated for SAG or BAFTA and that is a very difficult hurdle to overcome. Emma and Rachel might split votes and for Marina’s out of nowhere nom, I think it’s already an achievement for her to be included in the lineup.

that’s true but idky the academy seems to dislike amy adams for some reason, like they snubbed her for Arrival a few years back + she’s never really been a frontrunner for anything she was nominated for

but I hope she wins tbh, she honestly deserves it

Archived