opinion

Crazy Rich Asians Deserved An Oscar Nomination

ItWasntLaauv

Featured Posts

Pop Music

Facts. Saw this instead of going to homecoming and it was a great decision

Spoiler

as long as she didn't get in the way of our girl ASIB

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

Serial Chiller

No. Overrated movie. Standard Asian drama made by Hollywood and only matters to Asian Americans. I’m Asian and I cringed throughout this movie. 

ItWasntLaauv
4 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

No. Overrated movie. Standard Asian drama made by Hollywood and only matters to Asian Americans. I’m Asian and I cringed throughout this movie. 

2 minutes ago, Bio said:

It's a fun and cute movie but not Oscar worthy by any means.

The certified fresh 91% rating says otherwise, but go off. :huntyga:

3 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

Still not nominated but go off. :huntyga:

ItWasntLaauv
8 minutes ago, Bio said:

Still not nominated but go off. :huntyga:

Bohemian Rhapsody got nominated five times and Crazy Rich Asians didn’t get nominated for ONE. I’m just saying. :awkney:

Tom Nook

it was snubbed especially over a film like bohemian rhapsody :wtf:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Serial Chiller
26 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

Mission Impossible Fallout is 97% on RT. Should it be showered with Oscar noms too?  :huntyga:

sampool

If it was an all white cast it wouldn’t have gotten a nomination either; we should stop pushing award shows to nominate movies based on anything that doesn’t relate to the content itself (story, acting, writing...etc.)

DeleteMyAccount
56 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

What Asian Drama is there even to compare to?.... It's the first Asian American film in over 25 years....

RichAssPiss

I thought it really stood a shot at Adapted Screenplay, Costumes, and Production Design. And, of course, I would have loved Michelle Yeoh for Supporting Actress. But, on the plus side, it will compete Sunday in the top category of the SAG awards, Best Ensemble, where films like Roma, Green Book, The Favourite, and Vice were all snubbed.

Serial Chiller
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

What Asian Drama is there even to compare to?.... It's the first Asian American film in over 25 years....

Any chick flicks you would find on Hong Kong, Taiwanese, and various SEAsian TV channels. 
That's what I said - It only means so much to Asian Americans. To Asians living in Asia, it's as meh as it can be. 

The essence of it is just another Cinderella tale- rom com with an Asian cast and the typical Asian in law tug of war. 

Archived