Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Gaga: First LGBT Actress in over a decade

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

bitchimtrying

With her Academy Awards nomination for Leading Actress in A Star is Born, Lady Gaga becomes the first out LGBT actress in 11 years to be nominated in that category. The last out LGBT person to be nominated in this category was Angelina Jolie in 2008 for Changeling. 

Spoiler

Do not come for me with any of your bisexual erasure crap. Gaga has stated multiple times that she identifies as bi-sexual, the last being in 2014. Just because she doesn't say it before, during or after every interview DOES NOT MAKE HER ANY LESS BISEXUAL.  Jut because she has been engaged to two men DOES NOT MAKE HER ANY LESS BISEXUAL.  Just because you have not seen her be intimate with another female DOES NOT MAKE HER ANY LESS BISEXUAL. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Didn't she literally say she identifies as straight a couple of years ago and that her bisexuality was just a phase :rip: I mean, I read the spoiler, but I thought she addressed it explicitly quite recently, or am I making that up or making assumptions based on what I thought her statements implied? I'm trying to find some clear statements from her, but it seems that 2013 was the last "I'm bi" one.

But then she referred to herself as an ally in her rally speech of 2016 though. Then there's her infamous "I’m not a gay woman, you know?" statement on Drag Race. She didn't bother to clarify these comments despite journalists writing about it so I'm assuming that's a silent confirmation of her straightness.

Gagaplayer315

Queen of being the first LGBT actress nominated in over a decade 

bitchimtrying
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Didn't she literally say she identifies as straight a couple of years ago and that her bisexuality was just a phase :rip: I mean, I read the spoiler, but I thought she addressed it explicitly quite recently.

I think she referred to herself as an ally in her New York rally speech too.

I don't think Gaga would never refer to sexuallity as a 'phase'; i'm pretty sure your thinking of Jessie J. Also, you can be in the LGBT community and also an ally, i.e. Lesbians being allys for trans people, Bisexuals being allys for gays etc.

Didymus
1 minute ago, bitchimtrying said:

I don't think Gaga would never refer to sexuallity as a 'phase'; i'm pretty sure your thinking of Jessie J. Also, you can be in the LGBT community and also an ally, i.e. Lesbians being allys for trans people, Bisexuals being allys for gays etc.

Yeah... maybe. I don't know, I always found her "I like *** but I've only fallen in love with men" statements quite confusing and ambiguous. I remember her saying something like "I was just waiting for a man who would come on to me as strong as lesbians had" and that felt... like a confession of being straight :rip: 

I don't know, it's not really clear so I don't think we should be making statements about it either way. The fact that so many are confused means she's not "out" tbh, sorry.

AlexanderMagno

Can't we just be glad she has an Oscar nomination? Why do fans need to reach for these achievements?

IAmNotHere1997
13 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Didn't she literally say she identifies as straight a couple of years ago and that her bisexuality was just a phase :rip: I mean, I read the spoiler, but I thought she addressed it explicitly quite recently, or am I making that up? I'm trying to find some statements from her, but it seems that 2013 was the last "I'm bi" one.

I think she referred to herself as an ally in her rally speech of 2016 though. Then there's her infamous "I’m not a gay woman, you know?" statement on Drag Race. She didn't bother to clarify that one so I'm assuming that's a silent confirmation of her straightness.

You can't deny someone's sexuality, especially when it comes to someone like f*cking Gaga.

99% attracted to men and 1% attracted to women is STILL BISEXUALITY

periodT

"I’m not a gay woman, you know?" she prefaced. "And [it’s] that touchy sort of subject where ― can you stand up for people that you are not necessarily fully part of that community in a way that you can understand what you all go through?"

idk, she's confusing, I think her attraction to women just faded away, she's sexually fluid and now she's just straight, especially after 2 long relationship with men..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

9 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Didn't she literally say she identifies as straight a couple of years ago and that her bisexuality was just a phase :rip: I mean, I read the spoiler, but I thought she addressed it explicitly quite recently, or am I making that up? I'm trying to find some statements from her, but it seems that 2013 was the last "I'm bi" one.

I think she referred to herself as an ally in her rally speech of 2016 though. Then there's her infamous "I’m not a gay woman, you know?" statement on Drag Race. She didn't bother to clarify that one so I'm assuming that's a silent confirmation of her straightness.

Her last explicit statement was in 2013 I believe, yeah, but she also recently hinted at it again a few nights ago when she sang Poker Face at the piano. Rather coyly, but the first time in a while, so it was pretty significant imo

Maybe I read too into it, but I always read her identifying as an "ally" as more specifically because she herself is not ingrained into the community outside of being a "Gay Icon". Not that I don't think she personally identifies as bisexual anymore, but rather she's just been more quiet about it, just like how she's been way more quiet about her private life these last few years.

I don't know, maybe I'm projecting- as a disastrous bisexual myself, I found solace that she was in the same spot also (likes mostly men, but sometimes women come in your life and turn things upside down).

3 points in and ready for more

bitchimtrying
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Yeah... maybe. I don't know, I always found her "I like *** but I've only fallen in love with men" statements quite confusing and ambiguous. I remember her saying something like "I was just waiting for a man who would come on to me as strong as lesbians had" and that felt... like a confession of being straight :rip: 

I don't know, it's not really clear so I don't think we should be making statements about it either way. The fact that so many are confused means she's not "out" tbh, sorry.

DbpLulZW0AAAvxH.jpg

AlexanderMagno
Just now, Adarsh Soni said:

Wasnt there a rumour once that Gaga and Angelina had a hookup? 

Are you saying that to avoid any further controversy the new Cleopatra movie will turn out to be an Alternative Historical Fiction Movie where there are actually two Cleopatras and they will hook up? :stalkga:

• Admin changed the title to Gaga: First LGBT Actress in over a decade

Archived