đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

In the song Born This Way...

tylertremallose

Featured Posts

tylertremallose

In the song Born This Way...what is the reasoning for her to randomly say "church" during the song? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andreu

It's my favourite part when she says I'm in the right church baby I was bor this way

EDIT:  My apologie to the OP if it really says but idk I never heard it

CinnamonGirl
37 minutes ago, tomsches said:

she doesn't

28 minutes ago, Original Diva said:

When does she ever say that? 

right before the bridge but it’s more of a hidden vocal so it can be hard to catch 

it’s at 5:19 

âž°âž°âž°

Poissonche

Y'all making fun of OP for imagining she's saying "church"... FAKE FANS. She does. Right before DON'T BE A DRAG JUST BE A QUEEN. It's faint but it's there. Study before making fun of the most experienced monsters.

As to why, well, I guess it makes sense, given the very religious undertones of the song. The message of the song goes against what the Church says, but not against what Christianity is about.

derpmonster

For the same reason she mentions God, capital H-i-m, and the religion of the insecure. :huh:

Born This Way has a lot of religious imagery and it's no wonder because in Gaga's land that she loves, it's the religious right that's most opposed to LGBTQ rights. And she, as a Christian, is also reconciling her own faith with it all.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Right track, baby
I was born this way
(Way) Don't be, don't be...
(Way) Church

Right?

I also wanna know why.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Poissonche said:

Y'all making fun of OP for imagining she's saying "church"... FAKE FANS. She does. Right before DON'T BE A DRAG JUST BE A QUEEN. It's faint but it's there. Study before making fun of the most experienced monsters.

I thought the background vocals were just "way... Don't be... Way..." and then "don't be a drag" 

Also don't be elitist, it's okay we all mess up :flower:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Davian
8 minutes ago, LyGaga said:

right before the bridge but it’s more of a hidden vocal so it can be hard to catch 

it’s at 5:19 

Wow never knew that!!:fail:

I think it’s what @Poissonche said

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

10 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

As to why, well, I guess it makes sense, given the very religious undertones of the song. The message of the song goes against what the Church says, but not against what Christianity is about.

Thank you! I can't believe these flop fans were dissing the OP. Just smh.

My name isn't Timmers

The more important question: why does she say "same DNA" when we all have unique DNA? Mystery or mess? You be the judge.

My name isn't Timmers

Head Empty
34 minutes ago, Timmers said:

The more important question: why does she say "same DNA" when we all have unique DNA? Mystery or mess? You be the judge.

It means that there can give birth to a new version of yourself even if your DNA doesn't change - just like Gaga does so often.

(I'll always have the) same DNA, but (now I choose to be) born this way.

You could also interpret it as: we all have human DNA, but still every human is different.

Didymus
35 minutes ago, Timmers said:

It's very probable she just meant "we all have human DNA so respect each other, we're all equal" but I also remember her saying that she, herself, interpreted "born this way" as "I was born to change continuously" and not as an expression of one single identity. So that could have something to do with it (i.e. Gaga will always have the same DNA but that won't stop her from changing) as @Why am I on GGD implied as well :oprah:

44 minutes ago, Timmers said:

Mess! :koons:

She bunked her biology class, and thinks everybody have same DNA :teehee:

Archived