Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Jazz & Piano Is Stronger Than Enigma

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga

After watching only maybe less than half of last nights livestream...I have to say Jazz and Piano makes Enigma look cheap and tacky :selena: 

I LOVE Gaga’s pop songs.  I would’ve probably never became a fan if she was only a jazz singer.  Her pop music is was made me fall in love with her.  I love the songs she sings at Enigma.  :kiss:

HOWEVER.  Jazz and Piano is by far a more clean professional and classy show and it seems like a better experience to be apart of audience-wise.  This show is so much more impressive and showcases Gaga’s talent much better than anything she does in Enigma.  She shows her true ability to carry a show and captivate an audience.  It even seems obvious that Gaga prefers this show over Enigma.  She said that she originally wanted to do a jazz show after every two pop shows but MGM told her no, thinking the Pop would outsell the Jazz.  MGM was proven wrong as Jazz sold faster.  I have not bought a ticket to Vegas yet, but I would definitely put my money towards Jazz and Piano rather than Enigma.  :legend:

So my concluding statement:  I am not trying to compare the two shows, but here are two shows put on by the same artist and one show feels strong and the other feels weak.  Jazz & Piano is a much stronger show.  Enigma (even prior to seeing Jazz & Piano) felt very weak to me.  Again, no hate here, just my opinions.  I love Gaga no matter what she does.  I’ve been a stan since 2008.  OG here :diane:

Which show do you like better?  :pole:

♥ Kindness Police.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland

I still don't get this narrative :selena:

Um yes, obviously J&P is more clean and classy, it's a jazz show :selena:

Didymus

Absolutely.

Which begs the question: is Enigma simply not good enough as a Vegas pop spectacle or does a context of live jazz simply showcase her talents and musical passion a lot more? :oprah:

Didymus
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

I don't remember fans being that impressed with the C2C Tour though :shrug: But this is a one woman show, there's a live band, fans are loving the wigs and outfits and the setlist, the vocals seem more impressive, her stage attitude is more engaging,...

It goes beyond clean and classy for me. The show is better on all levels (to me). Just wanted to clear that up, I'm sure a lot of fans will agree :nick:

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, Didymus said:

I don't remember fans being that impressed with the C2C Tour though :shrug: But this is a one woman show, there's a live band, fans are loving the wigs and outfits and the setlist, the vocals seem more impressive, her stage attitude is more engaging,...

It goes beyond clean and classy for me. The show is better on all levels (to me). Just wanted to clear that up, I'm sure a lot of fans will agree :nick:

Enigma and J&P are incomparable to me :selena:

Didymus
4 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Enigma and J&P are incomparable to me :selena:

On a lot of levels they are. But you can compare them based on overall execution, whether or not they delivered what they promised, Gaga's stage energy, the inventiveness and quality of outfits, wigs, vocals, musical arrangements etc.

It would also be difficult to compare TFM to Joanne but we can still discuss which songs are better written regardless of them being in different genres. At least that's my opinion :classy:

Big fat agree. If the Enigma shows start dwindling in terms of sales by mid-next year I could honestly see some of the future shows that arent on sale yet being switched for J&P. I find the J&P a lot more exciting - whereas with Enigma the only bits that have truly snatched my wig are the interludes and visuals, Schieße on that epic robot and Dance in the Dark being revived at long last.

Mirages

I so agree. I definitely fell in love with PopGa and C2C both album and tour were great, but this show just seems to be better in every single aspect than C2C tour or Enigma. The connection with audience seems so much more intimate, her presence is imminent and palpable, the show is both entertaining and chill and she's serving just the right amount of crazy that it seems like classy jazz and a little crazy fun has always gone together. And it has that old Vegas feeling to it as well. The show incompases for me a perfect Vegas night that is both modern and good ol times, classy and crazy, chill and thrilling and intimate yet formal. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

NewUsername
20 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Absolutely.

Which begs the question: is Enigma simply not good enough as a Vegas pop spectacle or does a context of live jazz simply showcase her talents and musical passion a lot more? :oprah:

the first one.

JWT (and previous tours as well) showcased her talents and musical passion and was well executed.

10 minutes ago, Ashtosh said:

6fcbcdf446a1a6cb8e7fe9e963d6bd25fdbee8b2

Another hate thread about enigma 

:bye:

Where is the hate on Enigma I don't see it :oprah:

the OP is just saying that he likes Jazz and piano better :oops:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Edonis

I wouldn't compare the two to be honest. If I'm in the mood to dance and jump and be crazy and free and sing the pop arrangements of some of her biggest songs, I'm going to go to Enigma. If I want to go see her perform in a more traditional setting with vocals being the highlight, then I'd go to the Jazz & piano show. And tbqh, I'm kind of tired of the same 7 members posting about their dislike for Enigma, thus ensuing a circle jerk of "critical analysis" on her career and professional decisions. Both shows are great for what they serve, and I've yet to hear any negative reactions about either show from the casual Vegas attendee, however, I've seen quite a bit from the fans :huntyga:

Anyways, that's my little rant. Carry on lol.

ANTI WP
Just now, Varys said:

Where is the hate on Enigma I don't see any the OP is just saying that he likes Jazz and piano better :oops:

Even a comparison with enigma will be considered as hate :v:

Gracious Gaga
33 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Well JWT and TMBT even TFBT were more clean and professional even BTW and they were not jazz shows :shrug:  They were strong shows.  Enigma feels very weak to me

♥ Kindness Police.

Archived