💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Glenn Close wants to ignore her Oscars buzz

WorstBehavior

Featured Posts

WorstBehavior

The 71-year-old star has been tipped to win the Best Actress gong at this year's Academy Awards for her starring role in 'The Wife', but she is trying to avoid the speculation.

Glenn - who has never won an Oscar despite being nominated six times - shared: "Oh, I daren't even go there.

"I've survived all this time just being at the party, and I've loved it. Most people sweat over whether they'll actually win, but I've never felt that. I think I'll be incredibly nervous when they open the envelope, but only because so many people will be disappointed if I don't win.

"A lot of them already think I've got an Oscar. If I do lose, I want to look at the camera and reassure everyone: 'I'm OK.'"

Glenn explained that regardless of whether she wins or not, this year's Oscars won't be as dramatic as her experience in 1988, when she was nominated for her performance in 'Fatal Attraction'.

https://tucson.com/entertainment/movies/glenn-close-wants-to-ignore-her-oscars-buzz/article_f8d36600-0976-5993-9ff3-d36132b98d81.html

WorstBehavior
7 minutes ago, WorstBehavior said:

Glenn explained that regardless of whether she wins or not, this year's Oscars won't be as dramatic as her experience in 1988, when she was nominated for her performance in 'Fatal Attraction'.

She should’ve won the Oscar that year.

RAMROD

It is best come as surprise in the end. Best of luck to ha! 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LateToCult

After her loss for Fatal Attraction I’m sure she never thinks she has anything secured until they call her name.

That J

She totally should have won for Fatal Attraction. Anyone who hasnt seen that movie (if you enjoy a thriller), PLEASE watch it! It took a long time for me to be able to look at her as a sane woman because she was TOO GOOD in that nerve shattering film. It's delicious. The bunny rabbit alone......  Just trust me!

I said in another thread that while it should be about the performance nominated, there are times a person wins for the collective body of work and that could happen here. Truth be told, she was fire in The Wife so I wont be mad if she wins. Itll be an edge of the seat moment that night. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

I feel like people are jumping on the Glen Close wagon cause they intentionally don't want Gaga to win.

ZiggyZiggs
1 minute ago, boyfromnowhere said:

I feel like people are jumping on the Glen Close wagon cause they intentionally don't want Gaga to win.

Nothing like that. Nothing of the sort. Glenn has been hailed as the front runner and people have been rooting for her to finally win an Oscar ever since The Wife premiered at TIFF waaay back in 2017 when Gaga wasn’t even in the running. U gotta stop making assumptions

Not the indirect Cher disrespect in this thread. Glenn is wonderful and should win this year but Cher deserved every bit of her Oscar in 1988. So stop. 

monketsharona

She's a legendary actress and deserves it.

I think it'll be Gaga or Glenn.In both cases it's a great win.

AlexanderMagno
13 minutes ago, boyfromnowhere said:

Not everything is about Gaga :) and this is definitely more about Glenn. Gaga has all the critical acclaim. If anything people are actually worried that Gaga (or Olivia Colman) might once again ruin Glenn's choices, because they were indeed good and share some buzz as well. And Glenn doesn't deserve it this time.

It's Glenn's year. Over the last 10 years, probably, the Best Actress Oscar was always given to the woman that people expected the most, it would be a surprise if anyone else wins. 

GreenDiamond
1 hour ago, WorstBehavior said:

"A lot of them already think I've got an Oscar. If I do lose, I want to look at the camera and reassure everyone: 'I'm OK.'"

Me if Gaga doesn't get nomination

Archived