💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

PGA Awards Thread (ASIB Nominated)

WorstBehavior

Featured Posts

WorstBehavior

e7b6g5.jpg

The Producers Guild of America hands out its awards today. While the PGA ceremony is not televised, it is an important stop on the road to the Oscars. The PGA Awards has an enviable track record at presaging the eventual Best Picture winner at the Academy Awards. The guild and the academy have agreed on 20 of the most recent 29 Best Picture champs, including last year’s double winner. “The Shape of Water.”

Nominees for Best Picture 

sz92ja.jpg

At Saturday night’s Producers Guild Awards, “A Star Is Born” could take a huge step toward becoming the Oscar Best Picture winner that many people thought it would be as soon as it premiered at the Venice Film Festival in August. The Producers Guild is the moment of truth for Bradley Cooper’s hit musical, the night on which it absolutely needs to go home with the big prize. The PGA is the show that confirmed “The King’s Speech” as an Oscar favorite even after “The Social Network” had won everything in sight until then. It was the show that tipped the balance in the tight race between “Birdman” and “Boyhood” four years later. It’s also the only major awards show that counts its final votes using the preferential system in use in the Oscars’ Best Picture category. That system uses ranked choice to find a consensus winner, and its use makes the PGA a key early test.

I will update the thread with the winner as soon as it is announced.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WorstBehavior

So this is it guys. This is the moment of REBORN for ASIB. If the film wins today, ASIB will gain back its momentum. And probably even win Best Picture at the Oscars. 

WorstBehavior
1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

WHEN is the winner announced? or the winners? or is best movie the only category?

We only got one nomination. It’s the only one that matters for that award show.

Just now, JustAnother said:

Wait is she going?

I’m not sure. Hopefully she’ll be there to support Bradley.

WorstBehavior
1 minute ago, S0436 said:

She can’t go if it’s tonight, Vegas baby:kiss:

Oh I guess she isn’t going then.

Sorcerer

This is the MAKE IT or BREAK IT moment for ASIB as Best Picture. If it loses this, it's not much a challenge to Roma after all.

Bradley
6 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Why does Roma poster remind me of ASIB

because white and gold, and also both are the top contenders for Best Picture :flower:

I guess white and gold are the recipe to success now.

LateToCult

I have a feeling Roma or Green Book is taking this. Probably Roma. Hoping for an upset by Miss Cooper tho. :sis:

ZiggyZiggs
2 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Gold Derby said something interesting. They said it doesn’t matter who wins what award because the Oscars owe Glenn. Keep that in mind in case Gaga wins here but ultimately loses the Oscar. It’s just Glenn’s time.

There’s only one award lol for best picture, it’s the best picture equivalent for SAG

Archived