Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

First listens to Mike Posner's new album: my opinion

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu

So yeah, Mike posner is one of my favourite artists and I was so looking forward to listening to his new album. I honestly expectd it to be my favourite release for the whole year with the singles Move On and Stuck In The Middle, both brilliant songs, his previous album At Night Alone being one of my favourite records ever, etc but I found the album to be extremely disappointing. Besides the singles,it's not that there are many good songs, it's that there aren't many songs, since most of the tracks are interludes, spoken word, etc

I understand and I appreciate that it's such a personal record, and trust me i don't wanna be insensitive because I appreciate him so much, but wanting to make an album out of hard times is not an excuse for a weak record.

Did you guys listened to the album? Did you like it? Do you agree with me? 

derpmonster

I'll listen to it. I haven't listened to the singles either but I loved his older stuff including At Night, Alone. :hug:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

fathermonster
3 hours ago, Andreu said:

So yeah, Mike posner is one of my favourite artists and I was so looking forward to listening to his new album. I honestly expectd it to be my favourite release for the whole year with the singles Move On and Stuck In The Middle, both brilliant songs, his previous album At Night Alone being one of my favourite records ever, etc but I found the album to be extremely disappointing. Besides the singles,it's not that there are many good songs, it's that there aren't many songs, since most of the tracks are interludes, spoken word, etc

I understand and I appreciate that it's such a personal record, and trust me i don't wanna be insensitive because I appreciate him so much, but wanting to make an album out of hard times is not an excuse for a weak record.

Did you guys listened to the album? Did you like it? Do you agree with me? 

I really like the message behind some of his songs, but I really think he's become a reluctant celebrity / artist. I think the sound he's going for is totally off his own back and sort of turning his back on the industry. 

Andreu
4 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

I really like the message behind some of his songs, but I really think he's become a reluctant celebrity / artist. I think the sound he's going for is totally off his own back and sort of turning his back on the industry. 

Spoiler

gif-catreading.gif

me looking in the dictionary what reluctant means:ladyhaha:

But I agree, this album is more poetry than music and i'm not saying it's a bad thing but it's not what I want

fathermonster
8 minutes ago, Andreu said:
  Hide contents

gif-catreading.gif

me looking in the dictionary what reluctant means:ladyhaha:

But I agree, this album is more poetry than music and i'm not saying it's a bad thing but it's not what I want

Haha yeah I feel like this is his Joanne, after his dad dying I think it's shifted his life a lot. 

Andreu
47 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I'll listen to it. I haven't listened to the singles either but I loved his older stuff including At Night, Alone. :hug:

Move On is totally in the line of ANL, and Stuck In The Middle is a little more electronic. Both good so if you liked the album I think you'll enjoy them!

15 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

Haha yeah I feel like this is his Joanne, after his dad dying I think it's shifted his life a lot. 

well, I have to disagree theere. while joanne has a very personal weight, its songs are all enjoyable on their own you know

Dominic

There's nothing as good as Be As You Are. Pretty dull album sadly. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived