💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Enigma a Mistake?

Battle 4 Ur Life

Featured Posts

Battle 4 Ur Life

Warning: Contains controversy. Please let’s keep it cool and polite.

I honestly ADORE the residency’s art direction, even the storyline managed to move me (unlike so many others) and everything seems on point to me. technically it’s perfect and very innovative yes, the stage is amazing, the lighting, the costumes, the props, everything period.

But there remains a question: Was Enigma really, REALLY necessary? As in, what exactly will she gain from it besides the obvious? (money)

Cause I was just listening to the Bloodpop Remix and I was wondering: the main issue of the “tour” is that it features absolutely no new material. So really, will this tour do anything for her at all? besides expose her to a wider portion of the GP who is rediscovering her after her several side projects performed excellently, as to where the same can’t quite be said about her latest solo releases? I know MR is a thing and Joanne was moderately successful but, it was Joanne, let’s face. it was the most distant she’s ever been from the traditionally known and loved “Lady Gaga”.

should her, instead, be focusing on her next release? by releasing this year she’s already looking to clash head to head with some of the biggest names like Ariana, Madonna and Rihanna, to mention only a few.

so yeah, how do you guys think she’ll do? and was Enigma a mistake?

As much as I love it, I’m afraid I’ll have to answer yes to this question. It’s superfluous in my humble opinion.

discuss

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a tour to keep her busy and make money in between projects, which will probably include movies, TV, and an album at some point. It's not a mistake, it's her doing her job. She cant do a full world tour because of both health concerns and timing issues, plus she doesnt have new material, so what's the point? This let's her perform, try new material when it comes out, and still have the ability to work on other things. 

Battle 4 Ur Life
1 minute ago, GoneGUY said:

It's a tour to keep her busy and make money in between projects, which will probably include movies, TV, and an album at some point. It's not a mistake, it's her doing her job. She cant do a full world tour because of both health concerns and timing issues, plus she doesnt have new material, so what's the point?

that’s exactly my point. I think that’s what she should be focused on. I have a feeling it might be damaged or scrapped or it might come out half-assed particularly because of this residency.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

rumours
7 minutes ago, WokePop said:

I know MR is a thing and Joanne was moderately successful but, it was Joanne, let’s face. it was the most distant she’s ever been from the traditionally known and loved “Lady Gaga”.

See, but I think it is weird to try to classify part of Gaga's career as what is "traditionally known and loved". By doing musical projects that showed off more of her talent (C2C, Joanne, and ASIB), she has managed to capture the attention of the public once again after they had mocked her during ARTPOP. If she had followed up ARTPOP with more basic pop music, there's a likelihood that it would have been an absolute disaster for her career.

I also think Enigma plays a vital role in that it is allowing her to regain some of her confidence/footing after having to cancel the latter portion of the JWT. She likes performing, and this Vegas residency gives her an outlet through which she can do so... meaning she can be happy doing something she loves. That should make us fans VERY happy!

Furthermore, she has no obligation to release a new solo album every 2 years, so just let her have fun and release the new stuff when she wants to... no matter how (*prepare for triggering*) SOON it may or may not be.

2 minutes ago, WokePop said:

that’s exactly my point. I think that’s what she should be focused on. I have a feeling it might be damaged or scrapped or it might come out half-assed particularly because of this residency.

Eh, I can see why you're worried but I cant say I am. At least not about that. The only way it's going to be half-assed is if she doesnt want to make it at all. not because of the residency. I think Joanne and maybe the Fame were the only two albums she did where she didnt have other distractions, and many consider those her weakest. TFM, BTW, and ARTPOP all were written/recorded with other tours and projects going on, and those are considered her best work. I think if she truly wants to make music she loves, she will. I dont think the residency will change that.

RochestrMonstr

I don't think it's a mistake.  There are huge gaps of time between dates.  She'll have plenty of time to work on new material, and probably already is, I would think.  Besides, this is a better time than ever for her to do a residency.   She has won over the affection of the GP, so she's more likely to draw in casual-fans who happen to be planning a trip to Vegas. 

That J

She can literally focus on many different things while sharing a show and making money at the same time....and it's easier on her body and can open her up to an audience that wouldn't have seen a Gaga show typically. Now they will fall in love with her live persona.  It's a total win!

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

2School4Cool

I respect your opinion, but I personally disagree. I think it was actually a great move on her part. She loves performing but touring can be rough on her. Two of her tours have ended early, so having a residency with no travel and a more spread out schedule is perfect for her because she can do what she loves in a healthier way. Also, this show has recieved a great deal of attention and acclaim from the GP and the media, which is wonderful for her. As for new music, I don’t think it’s coming as soon as some fans think. As much as I would love new music super soon, I think it will be a while since she hasn’t spoken a word about it. If this is true, Enigma gives her a way to stay relevant and in the public eye while she works on whatever comes next, whether it be C3C or LG6. That way she doesn’t just disappear and the GP doesn’t forget about all of her recent success.

See The Best In Everyone

Tyler1992

She’s damned if she performs and damned if she doesn’t perform. Monsters question if everything Gaga does is a mistake.

She won’t be touring for two years, because the stressful touring lifestyle damages her mentally & physically. So to make up for it she’s staying put in one place to be able to perform without the stress of the tour lifestyle. Isn’t that the best of both worlds? Would you rather her be in a blackout for so long?

Also, she isn’t performing 24/7, she has plenty of time to focus on future projects!

This thread :saladga:

Smother Em Eh

No it’s a great way for her to make $ while working on movies, tv’s etc like someone said above. She can’t tour because she doesn’t have a new record out. It’s also a great tribute to her as an Artist & her 10 year career. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived