Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I think I want Glenn Close to win

WorstBehavior

Featured Posts

WorstBehavior

I am really rooting for Gaga on this. And she MUST win Best Original Song. If she does win Best Actress, I’m going to be very proud and happy for her. However, I want Glenn Close to win too:lolga: I just really think is so wrong how the academy has snubbed her so many times. She’s one of the finest actresses ever that deserves to have her moment on stage alive. I don’t like when Hollywood decides to recognize someone’s talent after their death. Do it while they’re alive. And this is not to say that Glenn is dying. But she’s a woman of a particular age now. 

I also don’t like the idea of a tie. Imagine being in the industry for over 40 years and having to share the moment you’ve been waiting for years with an upcoming actress... Anyways, I wish them both the best. I’d be happy regardless of who win. and I cannot wait to see what Gaga does next. I actually want her to be more of an actress than a musician nowadays.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Perhaps more importantly, she really deserves it for her performance in The Wife in particular :shrug:

WorstBehavior
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Perhaps more importantly, she really deserves it for her performance in The Wife in particular :shrug:

Who do you think gave a better performance between her and Olivia Colman?

bloody g

unthink fat

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

unfortunately it's an award for a performance in a film not for a whole acting career tho

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

DutchHooker

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

andy232000

I ALSO want Glenn to win. Gaga already won the CC and other acting awards for this role, and will most likely win the Oscar for best Song anyway. Glen deserves it more. By this point i want Bradley to win more badly than Gaga...Or at least the film as a whole

AlexanderMagno

It's true. Best Original Song is for Gaga. She has been doing music for the last 10 years. Glenn has been an actress for more than 40 years.

Gaga was great in A Star Is Born, but she's starting her movie career (and I agree with you, I want her to focus on that more than music). Was she THAT outstanding, to the point where she is able to dethrone a master of acting like Glenn Close? She was great, really Gaga was amazing, but I'm not sure amazing enough to dethrone women who have been doing stupendously this for their whole careers (and I'm including Olivia Colman, not as old as Glenn but an actress equally superb) (and I'm not saying that someone can't debut with some extraordinary role, but I don't think Ally was that role. If Gaga had done Black Swan like Natalie Portman did, then she would deserve every single award and Oscar no matter who were her competitors)

I didn't find The Wife a better movie (actually, I think both movies are hand-to-hand quality-wise), and probably not Glenn Close's best performance. But it was a great performance, and it's about time the Academy acknowledges one of the greats. Gaga's performance, as big as it might be, was not, in my opinion, so outstanding that is able to outshine Glenn's.

androiduser
2 minutes ago, Enzo said:

unfortunately it's an award for a performance in a film not for a whole acting career tho

yes, but the voters take into account all the previous successful movies

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

yes, but the voters take into account all the previous successful movies

so... see u when Gaga wins Best Actress after 45 successful movies :staymad:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

WorstBehavior
1 minute ago, Enzo said:

so... see u when Gaga wins Best Actress after 45 successful movies :staymad:

I’m sure if Gaga really put in the work, she’ll win an Oscar soon. I want her to do a role that has nothing to do with music.

Archived