Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chris Pratt, Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez members of homophobic church

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

Shortly after people went gaga over pics of Chris Pratt’s shirtless “dad bod,” the American actor shared that he’s on a 21-day Bible diet. Yes, it turns out that the beloved actor from Parks and Recreation, Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy is actually a long-practicing evangelical Christian who converted 20 years ago when a rando criticized his sex and drug use in a supermarket parking lot.

Pratt attends Hillsong Church, the same church as pop-star Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Kendall Jenner. But Hillsong has a history of child sexual abuse and supporting so-called conversion therapy. The megachurch began in Australia and has since spawned outposts across the world, including New York City. New York City’s Hillsong Church is led by Carl Lentz. In a 2015 GQ interview, Lentz said he considers homosexuality a sin and would never allow an openly gay member to hold a church leadership position.

In August 2015, when the New York City church learned that two of its male choir members were married, it released a public statement against them. One of the church’s original founders, Frank Houston, molested a 7-year-old boy. And in 2008, it was revealed that Hillsong church referred many of its gay members into ex-gay conversion therapy, a professionally disavowed and psychologically harmful practice of trying to turn gay people straight. The church has since said it no longer encourages ex-gay therapy, but a former gay congregant Alex Pittawey still warns gay people that Hillsong will never accept them.

source: https://www.queerty.com/chris-pratt-attends-anti-gay-church-history-child-molestation-ex-gay-therapy-20190115?utm_campaign=wp-to-twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's definitely a title I didn't expect to read today

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

JustAnother

This is unfortunate but obviously these celebs had no clue about this. I hope people don’t go attacking them now for this reason. 

VoldeLorde2

When Chris Pratt gave his speech at the 2018 MTV Movie Awards (I only watch cause Gaga went), I got those vibes from him. Justin isn't really a surprise and I didn't expect anything from Selena, so that was kind of a shock. 

NewUsername

Aren't 95% of the churches homophobic though :huntyga:

Doesn't make it right of course, but get what I mean?

joanoflark

Chris Pratt has always screamed homophobic asshole to me, I'm not surprised! But the fact that they're supporting a church with a known history of child abuse and conversion therapy is shocking to me! 

Didymus

Ugh not Hillsong :madge: Basically the McDonald's of new Christian movements. I've attended one of their masses and was not a fan. Super manipulative towards youngsters and unintentionally hysterical "Jesus please help me get through my exams" / reading the Bible on smartphones bs.

But whatever, if he gets something out of it that's his thing. But ugh.

DiscoHeaven23

SELENA GOMEZ NO LONGER A GAY ICON

And yes, they adopted her in 2013 at the NewNowNext Awards

Selena-Gomez---2013-Logo-NewNowNext-Awar

That J

I'm not labeling the entire group but as a whole, the Christian church has turned into the exact opposite of what it is supposed to be. It has turned into a hate group in many ways, holier than thou, above you, rude and ignorant. A shame to witness but it's not surprising. 

I'm a believer but dont consider myself a Christian BECAUSE OF the way the church operates overall. 

I've heard many things about Hillsong. They have been controversial for many years. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

JustAnother
8 minutes ago, fayecuntaway said:

Chris Pratt has always screamed homophobic asshole to me, I'm not surprised! But the fact that they're supporting a church with a known history of child abuse and conversion therapy is shocking to me! 

If Pratt were home of phobic why would he take a picture with a gay icon? 

tumblr_nbly2774KF1spx215o1_500.jpg

Archived