achievement

Cleopatra trends worldwide as Lady Gaga is rumored to cast on it

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, laladin said:

why these people not complain when katy perry as a cleopatra in dark horse video?

Because that video was straight up just "white lady went to party city and is throwing an 'Egyptian' party". It wasn't done with any seriousness like a lot of Katy's videos (not throwing shade, just she likes comedy). I think it was so far removed from representing anything legitimate that no one cared hahaha

elijahfan

I feel like I've been hearing about a Cleopatra movie with Jolie for a solid decade.... It would suck not to see it finally happen, since it seems to be an important project for her. Then again, this version was supposed to be helmed by David Fincher, and now I'm hearing of Denis Villeneuve - those long-gestating projects evolve all the time, just look at ASIB that was supposed to be directed by Clint Eastwood, starring Beyoncé. Anything could happen.

19 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Because that video was straight up just "white lady went to party city and is throwing an 'Egyptian' party". It wasn't done with any seriousness like a lot of Katy's videos (not throwing shade, just she likes comedy). I think it was so far removed from representing anything legitimate that no one cared hahaha

i know, im just joking lol

2 hours ago, AMENiCURE said:

I've been scrolling through many tweets and many people are actually supporting Gaga in the case. They're even more looking forward to her playing the role than Angelina Jolie. Gaga is slaying in the movie industry we-

I am a fan of Jolie but would also rather Gaga get this part. It's past Jolie's prime for THIS role, admittedly. I think that Gaga would be a dream.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Nikolai Barrow

This is so dumb. I thought everyone knew she was greek. It's like common knowledge . . . Gaga would kill it in this role i don't even care if people are outraged :firega:

ChromaticPrincess
2 hours ago, DutchHooker said:

I mean, we have to acknowledge her identity as she identifies herself as skin-fluid :queenga:
We, the woke people, need to protect her from harm!!

main-qimg-d0b77d41ba43b6e73f4f277b570b25

Gurl idk if y’all are being sarcastic or not but Ariana grande is like 95% white. She’s pure Italian

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

ChromaticPrincess
1 hour ago, DutchHooker said:

Well, they couldn't win the last arguement, so they hop off and start a new one :vegas:

Lol I get ur point but the twitter user does have a point, just sayin

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

VoldeLorde2

People are saying that they need to have accurate representation in the film and when we say Cleopatra was Greek, and provide accurate information on Gaga’s background, they want to switch and say “well movies have been white washed enough. It should be a black woman!” 

They make no sense:saladga:

And then after we told one woman that Cleopatra was of Greek descent but born in Egypt, she tried to say that “she was born in Egypt, therefore she is of Egyptian descent” :air:

Aqua Mars

I don’t know about you guys, but I cannot help imagining Gaga in that Cleopatra role and my mind goes straight to her acting for AHS Hotel. Would playing a sort of woman in power/queen bring her to her Countess style unexpressiveness/detachment again? :koons: At least this is how I picture Cleopatra in my head ( Although she killed herself by letting a poisonous snake bite her KWEEN)

Even if she got a Golden Globe for the Countess but still ya know what I mean :staymad: 

Uniquecorn
2 hours ago, August3 said:

The funny thing is, a lot of the people on twitter saying Cleopatra was white and defending the casting of a white actress, are actually black people. I guess this is another case of white people being oversensitive. 

We really have to do something about Over-Sensitivity. It's already an issue. A disease, a pandemic :udidnt: It's hindering growth, encourages stereotyping, and becoming a vessel of hate, all disguised as good intentions.

Although it'd be great to see her acting out of her comfort zone, if I were she, I'd think about it carefully.

Once you're (supposed to be:usrs:) an Academy Award frontrunner for your first leading role, Critics' outlook will be meticulous in the next ones. Every step she's going to make and acting performance will be overjudged and under the spotlight.

I personally believe she can improve her acting (why shouldn't I? Her actual acting teacher is Susan Batson, Nicole Kidman's guru:legend:) and she can prove everyone she CAN DO THIS:fthis:

So, if she feels ready, well, give us a 2nd killer acting performance Gaga. We're definitely waiting for it:tony:

eeaarrllaalloo

This Thread Reminded Me Of That Meme

323.png

"By FaR ThE MoSt IrRiTatInG PoSteR oN "ChRoMaTiCa" DisCusSion.

bloody g

I love Gaga but I think Angelina was born for this role, sorry

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived