Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will we get 4 singles next era?

dit

Featured Posts

Do you think we will finally get another 4 single era again or has that ship sailed? Has the industry changed too much to release at least 4 singles? A lot of eras still do release 4 singles but usually by the 2nd single momentum dwindles tremendously now because once the album is out ppl stream it all and have no interest in further singles but for fans tracking singles is always super fun even when they under perform. I hope we get 3 or 4 properly pushed singles with LG6

AciidSwine

I not only want a 4 single era but a promoted 4 single era. These days if people do a 3rd or 4th single its like they get released quietly on youtube and barely get pushed on radio. They don't even try. Imo they give up because they think "oh this is the streaming era no one will care" but its like uh....obviously they wont care if you dont put it in their faces. I think they're too scared to try though I guess.

TimisaMonster

I hope...its hard enough to squeeze 2 singles out of albums these days...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ChromaticPrincess
20 minutes ago, dit said:

Do you think we will finally get another 4 single era again or has that ship sailed? Has the industry changed too much to release at least 4 singles? A lot of eras still do release 4 singles but usually by the 2nd single momentum dwindles tremendously now because once the album is out ppl stream it all and have no interest in further singles but for fans tracking singles is always super fun even when they under perform. I hope we get 3 or 4 properly pushed singles with LG6

i feel like a way to prevent this would be having a BTW style release, where the lead is debuted at an awards show (preferably the Grammys) then start doing hardcore promo, performing at music festivals, serving high fashion looks, then release the second single about two months later and then release the 3rd about the time of the album release, to ensure or at least try for 3 top 10's. 

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

derpmonster

I think 3 singles and 3 videos will be good enough. and I'd be happy with that. Everything is fast-paced and Gaga truly predicted the future when she said an album release is like a c*m-shot :giggle:

It all just explodes and people are done with an album in like 4 months.

It should be like lead single, second single with album drop, third single which is very radio friendly--enough that it keeps people interested since the album drop (like ARUTW), and then actually make it a single.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

4 minutes ago, PrincessVenus said:

i feel like a way to prevent this would be having a BTW style release, where the lead is debuted at an awards show (preferably the Grammys) then start doing hardcore promo, performing at music festivals, serving high fashion looks, then release the second single about two months later and then release the 3rd about the time of the album release, to ensure or at least try for 3 top 10's. 

Witness :selena:

ChromaticPrincess
3 minutes ago, Werk said:

Witness :selena:

well that just goes to show that it really depends on the artist. Katy and her team most likely choose the first 3 singles because they thought that they'd all grab people's attention, not because of song quality, as there were much better songs on Witness that imo could've been way more successful. Plus Katy was also making a fool outta herself with all those cringy interviews and came off as trying way too hard to go viral so people treated her and her music like a joke. 

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

SCHEISSEMONTRE
1 hour ago, PrincessVenus said:

Let’s remember what happened to Judas and Marry The Night (as well without Yoü and I, but the song debut a year ahead of the release of BTW)

Mychal

ChromaticPrincess
1 minute ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

Let’s remember what happened to Judas and Marry The Night (as well without Yoü and I, but the song debut a year ahead of the release of BTW)

k well first of all the last time she performed an unreleased song live was in 2014...... so she's never gonna do that again

secondly Judas didn't do that horrible. Just ask any Judas stan and they will show you the numbers. Sure it shouldn't have been the 2nd single and TEOG could have gone #1 w an iconic MV, but it didn't ruin the era.

My point is, I think that two singles prior to an album + a lot of promotion would be great for an era this time around

SCHEISSEMONTRE
1 minute ago, PrincessVenus said:

k well first of all the last time she performed an unreleased song live was in 2014...... so she's never gonna do that again

secondly Judas didn't do that horrible. Just ask any Judas stan and they will show you the numbers. Sure it shouldn't have been the 2nd single and TEOG could have gone #1 w an iconic MV, but it didn't ruin the era.

My point is, I think that two singles prior to an album + a lot of promotion would be great for an era this time around

I didn’t mean a head it debuted during the monster ball when it was considered an unreleased song back.

Mychal

2School4Cool

I hope we do! It just depends on how willing her label is to help her properly promote them.

See The Best In Everyone

ChromaticPrincess
2 minutes ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

I didn’t mean a head it debuted during the monster ball when it was considered an unreleased song back.

lol gurl did u even read my comment:selena:  Ik that's what you mean and thats why i said that she hasn't performed an unreleased song live since Brooklyn Nights at the ArtRave in 2014, and i highly doubt she ever will again, ESPECIALLY not one that could possibly become a single for her next album. NoWay.mp3

You and I just kinda got unlucky that people already knew it existed, and also tbh her VMA performance kinda sucked (i honestly hope to god Jo Calderone never comes back) and people were getting annoyed at her by then.

Now that Gaga has shown the GP that she can be classy i feel like if she releases the right songs at the right time with good promo (and payola) i feel like she can get three moderate if not successful hits outta her next album

I mean, we absolutely could get four singles out of the next album, but the question really is should we. The landscape of the music industry is very different from the way it was with The Fame in 2008, and even Born This Way in 2011. As mentioned previously, once the album drops, that's it for streams and sales of an individual song, so a good strategy is a lead single, then another single just before the album. If there's something truly special left after those singles, one more at a push. It would have to have an amazing video though. 

Archived