💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

City Girls in a Tricky Position

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

In case you haven't heard of City Girls, they are an upcoming female rap duo. They were uncredited voices on Drake's "In My Feelings" (think Kesha on "Right Round"). 

The duo consists of JT and Yung Miami. The group has garnered attention from the hip hop community, including Cardi B.

However, one of the members, JT, has been in jail since July for fradulent credit card charges. Her release date is set for December of 2019. Her record label head is desperately trying to get her out of jail. see here

While JT sits in jail the girls song, "Twerk", from their mixtape (which came out in November of 2018) is gaining popularity. The song features Cardi B and debuted at #92 on the Hot 100 when the album came out. Now, the song is seeing some major growth on both Rhythmic and Urban radio platforms. 

I'm interested to see how this all turns out. 

If you haven't heard "Twerk", it's a major bop

Yung Miami's comments in 2013:

“I didn’t tweet nothing about them [the LGBTQ community],” she said. “I was just talking about my son. I just said that if I saw anything gay in my son, that I would beat him.”

Her apology in August 2018:

After her previous statements resurfaced, Miami issued a formal apology in an Instagram post in August of this year, saying that she did not intend to offend her fans with what she said. “I understand how it can be seen as offensive to the LGBTQ community,” her post said. “I also realize how insensitive my comments were to my fans and followers … my deepest apologies and heart goes out to those who have seen that tweet and were offended.”

Backtracking on the apology in November 2018:

On the show Tuesday, the rapper quickly tried to clarify her statement, saying that people had taken her comments the wrong way. “But that’s just like when your mama tells you, ‘If you break my table I’m gonna beat the **** out of you,’” she said. “That don’t mean she’s gonna beat the **** out of you, she’s just saying it.” Miami also said she didn’t have a problem with gay people, though she wouldn't back down from the son comments. “I have absolutely nothing against gay people, but I wouldn’t want my son to be gay,” she said. “I’m around a lot of gay people all of the time; my stylist is gay, my cousin is gay.”

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2018/11/217190/city-girls-caresha-homophobia-accountability-trap-glazed

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8484814/city-girls-rapper-yung-miami-breakfast-club-interview-homophobic-comments

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

1 minute ago, gag said:

“I didn’t tweet nothing about them [the LGBTQ community],” she said. “I was just talking about my son. I just said that if I saw anything gay in my son, that I would beat him.”

After her previous statements resurfaced, Miami issued a formal apology in an Instagram post in August of this year, saying that she did not intend to offend her fans with what she said. “I understand how it can be seen as offensive to the LGBTQ community,” her post said. “I also realize how insensitive my comments were to my fans and followers … my deepest apologies and heart goes out to those who have seen that tweet and were offended.”

On the show Tuesday, the rapper quickly tried to clarify her statement, saying that people had taken her comments the wrong way. “But that’s just like when your mama tells you, ‘If you break my table I’m gonna beat the **** out of you,’” she said. “That don’t mean she’s gonna beat the **** out of you, she’s just saying it.” Miami also said she didn’t have a problem with gay people, though she wouldn't back down from the son comments. “I have absolutely nothing against gay people, but I wouldn’t want my son to be gay,” she said. “I’m around a lot of gay people all of the time; my stylist is gay, my cousin is gay.”

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2018/11/217190/city-girls-caresha-homophobia-accountability-trap-glazed

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8484814/city-girls-rapper-yung-miami-breakfast-club-interview-homophobic-comments

OOF

Their music is so underground and ratchet. I don’t think much will prosper aside from this track with cardi b for obvious reasons. 

Unless they do a complete overhaul of their sound. 

DiscoHeaven23
5 hours ago, gag said:

Oh wow. 

giphy.gif

RadioIsOurs
5 hours ago, gag said:

“I have absolutely nothing against gay people, but I wouldn’t want my son to be gay,

Sis your gay son probably wouldn't want to either... 

Archived