Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Baby One More Time Album turns 20 - Britney Posts about past 20 years

Gimme More

Featured Posts

Gimme More

Happy Birthday to the debut album by the legendary Britney Spears! Can't believe it's been 20 years since the album came out! It was released on 12 January 1999.

The album has sold over 25 million copies worldwide and is one of the best-selling albums of all-time!

It featured the singles:

...Baby One More Time

Sometimes

(You Drive Me) Crazy

Born To Make You Happy

From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart

Did you buy the album? What were your memories of that time and your memories of hearing Britney for the first time? What was your favourite song on the album?

Congratulations to Britney for building a career spanning over two decades. She has achieved so much in her career! I don't think i need to explain the success of this album or the singles any further, it's self explanatory of what an amazing debut this was :tea:

britney-spears-1998-y-y-billboard-1548.j

screen-shot-2017-10-19-at-23731-pm-33bafMV5BZjNkYmJhYjMtNjFmZi00MWQ1LTlmY2QtODI5

925d4aa3813f8c27dff0ebb9a07a7ff9.jpgbomtt1.jpg

arts-graphics-2008_1133482a.jpg

Also check out this website that was created in commemoration of BOMT! All you 90s/early 2000s will like it

https://www.itsbritneybot.com/

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Born to Make You Happy is one of my all time favorite Britney Spears songs. I wasn’t alive when she released it bc I was born Sept 99, but I listen to it so much now. It’s a really good/cute album :sara:

Gimme More
Just now, Xaylan said:

Born to Make You Happy is one of my all time favorite Britney Spears songs. I wasn’t alive when she released it bc I was born Sept 99, but I listen to it so much now. It’s a really good/cute album :sara:

it's such a cute song, it was such a good time to be a fan and the album is full of nostalgia and pure 90s songs!

I was only 4 when the album came out! Would love to see Born To Make You Happy be performed again but it hasn't been performed in 17 years!

#JusticeForBritney ♡

calmar

I was six when it came out, so obviously I didn't buy it, but it was the thing to know '...Baby One More Time' in school in the latter part of first grade/early second grade.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

SharkmanthaC

:omg: I was in middle school (maybe a freshman?) when this came out. I'm pretty sure I still have the CD, but I never listen to it anymore.  That was a good time for people like Britney and Christina and all the boy bands.

she/her/hers

Gimme More
21 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

:omg: I was in middle school (maybe a freshman?) when this came out. I'm pretty sure I still have the CD, but I never listen to it anymore.  That was a good time for people like Britney and Christina and all the boy bands.

Girl go listen to Holy Spearit :legend:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

I was 10, dancing in front of tv to BOMT and letting my gay self shine :legend:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Phoebe Buffay

i wasn't even born yet :air: in fact i was born 10 days after "britney" dropped. :flower: this album is not one of my faves but we stan sometimes, btmyh, i will be there, you drive me crazy, baby one more time and ill never stop loving you. :flower:

KatieJudasGaga4

(You Drive Me Crazy) was the first Britney song I ever heard and is still my favorite Britney song til his day! Sometimes, Born To Make You Happy and I'll Be There are some of my all time Britney Songs aswell. I love her so much :kara:

warioaddams

Britney my first true love. I was 12 years old when I heard baby one more time for the first time at a friends house. I borrowed her Cd and played it on my computer. I used to watch the videos and the interview that came with it.

Congratulations to Britney for 20 year old career and baby one more time for all those classic bops

Gimme More
5 minutes ago, warioaddams said:

Britney my first true love. I was 12 years old when I heard baby one more time for the first time at a friends house. I borrowed her Cd and played it on my computer. I used to watch the videos and the interview that came with it.

Congratulations to Britney for 20 year old career and baby one more time for all those classic bops

IKR! I've got this concert on DVD (Britney: Live & More), it's crazy looking back and how quick time has gone!

She has provided us with SO many amazing songs

#JusticeForBritney ♡

GovernmentHookah

Wow I can’t believe it’s been 2 decades! Yet it feels like yesterday.

I was 9 years old when Britney came on to the scene and I remember listening to Baby One More Time on the radio with my family when we were driving back home from visiting some folks in Miami. Once I got home I immediately turned on MTV to figure out who she was and sure enough I see this girl in a scantily clad catholic school girl outfit dancing around in a hallway and the rest is history :)

1999 was a fun year for the music industry and I’m glad I was able to experience it.

Gimme More
6 minutes ago, laladin said:

she so pretty

I genuinely think she was the most BEAUTIFUL person on the planet back then, her beauty was incomparable!

gettyimages-72607364.jpg?itok=rkpZG3Z2

she really was THE American Dream.

I met her in 2015 and 2018 and omg she is absolutely STUNNING in person, pictures do her no justice

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Archived