💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Joanne Singles

ChromaticPrincess

Featured Posts

ChromaticPrincess

So there are always threads about changing the ARTPOP or Born This Way singles, but not that many about Joanne. 

So which singles would you choose for the Joanne era and why? Also put the chart positions that you’d think they peak at

so i’d choose A-YO as the lead because it’s way better than Perfect Delusion, and also because it’s way more radio friendly. I feel like it’s debut somewhere around the same spot that PI did but I feel that it’d peak at like #12 because radio AirPlay since I personally can see the radio picking up this song 

so similarly to real life. Million Reasons would overshadow the original second single and become the second single itself. However since A-YO was already released I truly feel like she probably would’ve originally chosen Diamond Heart as the second single since she always puts the songs that she originally wanted to be the lead on her albums (Monster, MTN, Aura) but her record label liked A-YO better. Not that it’d matter anyway bc no matter what she would have wanted to release MR would over shadow it anyway. 

Chart wise I’m just gonna say that it stays the same because tbh MR and the SB are really what saved the Joanne era from being a total flop. 

Now here’s where things get interesting. 

I always found it weird that she released an MV for John Wayne but didn’t make it a single or perform it at the Grammys

So John Wayne becomes Joanne’s third official single, the MV is released on the same day as originally. And this time she’d have an iconic performance at the 2k17 Grammys. So tbh I don’t know for sure how John Wayne would do if it was released, but considering that it would be like February 2017, John Wayne would be competing with two of 2017s biggest Monstrous hits, Shape of You and Despacito. And also Katy hadn’t started embarrassing herself daily yet so people were still kinda hyped up for the witness era., and don’t even get me started on all the rap stuff. Anyway I don’t see this song doing that well but the “outrageous” Grammy performance would give it a slight booth so being realistic I see it peaking at #17. I don’t really know if the radio would pick it up but since a month earlier she had been hardcore promoting MR so I doubt that radio would pick it up. 

Now im guessing that the reason why she didn’t realease anything else after MR is because the was busy with ASIB filming and also bc she released The Cure. 

So let’s imagine that she didn’t release The Cure. I see her releasing DIC after she’s done filming with ASIB, kinda like as a gift for the fans. Even tho y’all keep saying that it’s the most radio friendly song on Joanne, with it being a literal masturbation anthem I don’t see it doing that well solely because society hates when women get sexual for some stupid reason. I think it’d peak at #12 

the last single would be Joanne (album version not piano:triggered:) I always found it weird that there’s such a huge gap between John Wayne and Joanne, I fell like it’s be cool if she released Joanne for the summer right before the JWT, not like it’d affect the charts or anything lol

okay well idk why I wrote this irrelevant wall of text about singles lol 

anyway what are your thoughts on the Joanne singles? How would you change the Joanne release cycle 

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

11 minutes ago, PrincessVenus said:

So there are always threads about changing the ARTPOP or Born This Way singles, but not that many about Joanne. 

So which singles would you choose for the Joanne era and why? Also put the chart positions that you’d think they peak at

so i’d choose A-YO as the lead because it’s way better than Perfect Delusion, and also because it’s way more radio friendly. I feel like it’s debut somewhere around the same spot that PI did but I feel that it’d peak at like #12 because radio AirPlay since I personally can see the radio picking up this song 

so similarly to real life. Million Reasons would overshadow the original second single and become the second single itself. However since A-YO was already released I truly feel like she probably would’ve originally chosen Diamond Heart as the second single since she always puts the songs that she originally wanted to be the lead on her albums (Monster, MTN, Aura) but her record label liked A-YO better. Not that it’d matter anyway bc no matter what she would have wanted to release MR would over shadow it anyway. 

Chart wise I’m just gonna say that it stays the same because tbh MR and the SB are really what saved the Joanne era from being a total flop. 

Now here’s where things get interesting. 

I always found it weird that she released an MV for John Wayne but didn’t make it a single or perform it at the Grammys

So John Wayne becomes Joanne’s third official single, the MV is released on the same day as originally. And this time she’d have an iconic performance at the 2k17 Grammys. So tbh I don’t know for sure how John Wayne would do if it was released, but considering that it would be like February 2017, John Wayne would be competing with two of 2017s biggest Monstrous hits, Shape of You and Despacito. And also Katy hadn’t started embarrassing herself daily yet so people were still kinda hyped up for the witness era., and don’t even get me started on all the rap stuff. Anyway I don’t see this song doing that well but the “outrageous” Grammy performance would give it a slight booth so being realistic I see it peaking at #17. I don’t really know if the radio would pick it up but since a month earlier she had been hardcore promoting MR so I doubt that radio would pick it up. 

Now im guessing that the reason why she didn’t realease anything else after MR is because the was busy with ASIB filming and also bc she released The Cure. 

So let’s imagine that she didn’t release The Cure. I see her releasing DIC after she’s done filming with ASIB, kinda like as a gift for the fans. Even tho y’all keep saying that it’s the most radio friendly song on Joanne, with it being a literal masturbation anthem I don’t see it doing that well solely because society hates when women get sexual for some stupid reason. I think it’d peak at #12 

the last single would be Joanne (album version not piano:triggered:) I always found it weird that there’s such a huge gap between John Wayne and Joanne, I fell like it’s be cool if she released Joanne for the summer right before the JWT, not like it’d affect the charts or anything lol

okay well idk why I wrote this irrelevant wall of text about singles lol 

anyway what are your thoughts on the Joanne singles? How would you change the Joanne release cycle 

I stopped reading when you said "Perfect Delusion". 

I really don't like obsessing with reimagining the career of one of my favorite artists (it's very frustrating), but this time I'll play.

She should have released "Hey Girl" ft. Florence Welch as first single (female empowerment, etc.), then A-Yo with a proper music video and then Diamond Heart.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

SCHEISSEMONTRE

There’s a reason why Gaga chose the song as singles tbh I prefer two singles and that’s perfect illusion and million reasons 

Mychal

2School4Cool

The only thing I would change if it was up to me is Diamond Heart instead of Perfect Illusion as lead single. I love PI, but I feel like DH would have been an awesome comeback single.

See The Best In Everyone

Gaga4stef

I wish there were a proper music video for A-Yo too. But I can't get into dissecting the record and its singles that much. Just going to say I love the entire record even more than two yrs ago - except for the last track. It's the only song I skip on the regular. Idk why really but it's just meh to me.

So in order of personal preference:

Million Reasons

A-Yo

John Wayne

Perfect Illusion

Diamond Heart

Hey Girl

Angel Down

Grigio Girls

Joanne

Come To Mama

Dancin' In Circles

Sinner's Prayer

Just Another Day

Every time we say goodbye baby it hurts

Batwings

1. Diamond Heart

2. A-YO

3. Million Reasons

4. John Wayne

5. Joanne (Where Do You Think You're Going?) (Piano Version) because Grammys  :vegas:

TimisaMonster

1) Perfect Illusion

2) John Wayne

3) A-YO

4) Diamond Heart

5) Million Reasons

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

TheSlash

I would keep the singles as they are but would change up the order, so MR comes first, then PI, then John Wayne (if you consider it as a single) and then Joanne (WDYTYG)[PV] . Maybe between JW and Joanne DiC, Hey Girl or CTM could be released :lana: 

Ew, David!

Archived