💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Delete One Single!

techhausmonster

Delete 1 Single!  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If you could delete one single, which one would it be?

• Just Dance
    • Perfect Illusion
    • Poker Face
    • The Cure
    • G.U.Y.
    • Paprazzi
    • Telephone
    • Born This Way
    • Judas

Featured Posts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sandrology

G.U.Y. 

This song gives me nothing in general. I could only start to appreciate it with the amazing visuals Gaga served.

There was a clip of Zedd working on it and it showed how messy it is in the final 

Madame Goo Goo

You're a fool if you voted Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi, Telephone, or Born This Way since those are some of her biggest hits. Voting away G.U.Y. is unecessary because G.U.Y. is fan favorite bop and erasing it as a single will have no impact since the song itself had no impact. I see The Cure, Perfect Illusion, and Judas as logical choices, and I  thought about choosing Judas because it would make TEOG the second single and would cause less controversy. But, it still is a FAT ASS BOP and peaked at #10, so I went with Perfect Illusion. The Cure can live another day.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

YourBeautiful

Judas. Not because I don’t love it but from a career perspective I think it caused so much controversy around its release that it kinda killed her momentum she had been building. 

So few of my friends know G.U.Y that when I put it on at a party they have to ask who sings it. I like the song, but it's impact on me is so much less than the other main choices. I really liked Perfect Illusion and The Cure, and listen to them so much more. Also Gaga wouldn't have wasted so much of her money on an expensive video that no one really watched if G.U.Y didn't exist so... 😅

Epione

I have to say Perfect Illusion. It was too messy, too loud. Not a good start for a new era. Her label showed how good they are at picking singles one more time. :awkney:

AciidSwine

Born This Way, I think that Marry the Night should have been the lead single as planned and I think its success would have had more longevity as well and made the general public more open to the gaudy/excessive sonic world that is Born This Way the album. All of the Madonna comparisons and anger from the lgbtq community (which the track was intended to uplift) over exploitation accusations really plagued the tracks success and tainted her image and therefore the rest of the era. Yes, it was #1 for 6 weeks on itunes, but had it been Marry the Night with her astronomical hype at that time? MTN would've been number one for 10+, absolutely.

AciidSwine
1 minute ago, David Pontrella said:

GUY......... need i say more? #76onthecharts

Yeah but thats not at the fault of the track itself. I think its one of the most obvious single choices, it was just unfortunately placed during a time in which no one wanted to f*ck with her. Thus why it flopped so hard. Marry the Night undeservedly had suffered the same fate 2-3 years prior.

I’ve thought VERY long and hard about this, and that’s why I vote for G.U.Y

I have nothing against it, it would be an amazing promotional single, but it was SUPER underrated, even more than The Cure :saladga:

5 minutes ago, AciidSwine said:

Yeah but thats not at the fault of the track itself. I think its one of the most obvious single choices, it was just unfortunately placed during a time in which no one wanted to f*ck with her. Thus why it flopped so hard. Marry the Night undeservedly had suffered the same fate 2-3 years prior.

But just admit it, even MTN was more successful 😂

AciidSwine
1 minute ago, DCgaga said:

But just admit it, even MTN was more successful 😂

Yes, but again, timing. Like....Gaga burned out during the born this way era for sure. Like she was still noted as one of the biggest pop stars in the world but people had grown less enamored with her during that era and by Marry the Night they were kind of done and literally radio dj's didn't want to support the song. If you google it, one radio dj here in LA straight up made a statement saying he wasn't going to spin it because people were tired of her and needed a break. Like straight up. But anyway, even with that, she was still bigger then than she was during ARTPOP, thus you can imagine how/why GUY peaked lower. She had it even worse.

Archived