Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Madonna/Mariah/Whitney/Janet/Celine Hits "Battle"

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

I'm taking some of the biggest female singers to debut in the 80s/90s and comparing their biggest hits based on Billboard Hot 100 charting. I'm referencing Billboard's All Time chart. Let the battle of the hits begin. 

(This is based on actual data and charting on the Hot 100, this is not based on opinion) 

Some of the cover art may be hard to see, so i've listed the names below

#01-#03 1386926One_Sweet_Day_Mariah_Carey.png220px-I_Will_Always_Love_You_by_Whitney_Houston_US_CD_single.jpg

#04-#06 220px-Likeavirgin.jpg220px-Because_You_Loved_Me_(C%C3%A9line_Dion_single_-_cover_art).jpg220px-Madonna,_Vogue_cover.png

#07-#09 R-671791-1419328577-9863.jpeg.jpgf11dddb2-b845-4c4c-8920-bba7d6582dc2_1024.jpg220px-Janet_Jackson_I_Miss_You_Much.png

#10-#12 220px-Fantasy_Mariah_Carey.pngwhitney-houston-i-wanna-dance-with-somebody.jpg220px-Madonna_-_Crazy_for_You.png

#13-#15 220px-Take_a_Bow_Madonna.png220px-Janet_Jackson_Escapade.png220px-Emotions_US_edition_Mariah_Carey.jpg

#16-#18 220px-Mariahcareysingle_dreamlover.jpg1325995R-3458705-1422274197-4270.jpeg.jpg

#19-#21 220px-The_Power_of_Love_(Celine_Dion_version).jpg13261611278948

#22-#24 220px-Someday11.jpg220px-Hero_Mariah_Carey.pngWhitney_Houston_-_All_the_Man_That_I_Need.jpg

#25-#27 220px-Madonna_-_Like_a_Prayer_(single).png220px-Janet_Jackson_-_It's_All_For_You.png220px-Always_Be_My_Baby_(Mariah_Carey_single_-_cover_art).jpg

#28-#30 1227258latest?cb=20140109000755Whitney_Houston-_So_Emotional.jpg

#31-#33 220px-Whitney_Houston_HowWill_IKnow.jpgMV5BNzIxNzQzMjYtNzgzNy00ZGFhLWJhZjAtNjJmM2M4ZTJkNGFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk1NzUxMDQ@._V1_.jpg220px-Madonna,_Papa_Don't_Preach_cover.png

Source: https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100-60th-anniversary

1. We Belong Together
2. One Sweet Day
3. I Will Always Love You

4. Like A Virgin
5. Because You Loved Me
6. Vogue

7. Look Takes Time
8. Vision of Love
9. Miss You Much

10. Fantasy
11. I Wanna Dance With Somebody
12. Crazy For You

13. Take A Bow
14. Escapade
15. Emotions

16. Dreamlover
17. Greatest Love of All
18. It’s All Coming Back to Me Now

19. The Power of Love
20. That’s The Way Love Goes
21. Justify My Love

22. Someday
23. Hero
24. All The Man I Need

25. Like a Prayer
26. All For You
27. Always Be My Baby

28. I’m Your Baby Tonight
29. Together Again
30. So Emotional 

31. How Will I Know
32. I Don’t Wanna Cry
33. Papa Don’t Preach

FfFfFfFF

Wait a minute.. so this means We Belong Together is the biggest song? Bigger than any Madonna songs? 

And not shade but don't remember hearing One Sweet Day, I don't know how it sounds.

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

Wait a minute.. so this means We Belong Together is the biggest song? Bigger than any Madonna songs? 

And not shade but don't remember hearing One Sweet Day, I don't know how it sounds.

Yup, We Belong Together was HUGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE

And so was one sweet day, both massive US hits

That J

I LOVE the cover for Justify My Love. That whole little era was so wild!!! The banned video, her look at the time, the song itself!  Fire. 

We Belong Together and One Sweet Day are 2 of the most massive radio hits in the past 40 years. As of January 4th, I am 40 so I do know a thing or two.  Haha

All of these songs bring back such memories and smells and sights and feels. It's a very nostalgic trip down memory lane.  

ALL of these songs were huge tho! 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J

It's also interesting how these were just the singles during a time and there were always better songs on each of these albums. 

I'm incredibly thankful to have been around during times when ALL music had a different flavor and there were so many icons in the making during their glory days. It was AMAZING. 

Phoebe Buffay

In terms of discographies:

1. Madonna
2. Janet Jackson
3. Mariah Carey
4. Celine Dion
5. Whitney Houston

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Phoebe Buffay said:

In terms of discographies:

1. Madonna
2. Janet Jackson
3. Mariah Carey
4. Celine Dion
5. Whitney Houston

exactly my order too, though Janet and Mariah are REEALLLY close in my book

Monster7

I thought Madonna would have done better. It's curious how low is Like a Prayer yet it's more remembered than some of the top 10 charting songs

SevenWonder
36 minutes ago, That J said:

I LOVE the cover for Justify My Love. That whole little era was so wild!!! The banned video, her look at the time, the song itself!  Fire. 

We Belong Together and One Sweet Day are 2 of the most massive radio hits in the past 40 years. As of January 4th, I am 40 so I do know a thing or two.  Haha

All of these songs bring back such memories and smells and sights and feels. It's a very nostalgic trip down memory lane.  

ALL of these songs were huge tho! 

I just turned 40 as well. Thought I was the only eldergay on this site. Guess not.

Yes, We Belong Together and One Sweet Day were annoyingly overplayed. By the end of their runs, I was so over both songs and MC. 

That J
24 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

I just turned 40 as well. Thought I was the only eldergay on this site. Guess not.

Yes, We Belong Together and One Sweet Day were annoyingly overplayed. By the end of their runs, I was so over both songs and MC. 

Overplayed to the point of...I could literally go my entire life and never hear them again and be fine. Great songs but LAWD. 

40 so far isnt so bad. Like I said on Facebook, it's all good...especially when ya still look 25.  HA! 

Good genes baby. Xoxo

Archived