Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

BB: How Gaga Removed Her R. Kelly Collaboration From Streaming Services

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

littlepotter
2 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

So Rapist Kelly doesn't get royalties, why did she remove the xtina one? this is a mess

Did she? My streaming service still has the xtina one

chaeri pls

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster
2 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

Ok but can she release the solo version or include the Christina featuring in ARTPOP?

I think she sees the overall message of the song in any version as distasteful now...especially after TIHTY and her very open discussions on abuse in recent years. She even admits the song was written in bad taste and dark place in her life...

So dont expect any version of the song to be released again...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

SharkmanthaC
2 hours ago, retroglamx said:

EDUCATE HA

so considering this, I think Gaga took a while to voice her opinion on R. Kelly because she was waiting for UMG to give her the green light for removing the song.

2 hours ago, Dominic said:

I don't think so. As BB said it was a simple decision to make. She probably had just hoped it would blow over but the backlash got too big. 

1 hour ago, Alan123 said:

Meanwhile I’m desperately looking everywhere for an ARTPOP vinyl because it’s been pulled from Amazon and all online stores. So far I’ve only found it on eBay and I think that’s where I’m going to purchase it from. :air: Does anyone know if ALL copies have that beautiful foil lettering ? 

19 minutes ago, Shipper said:

It is also possible that Gaga has been in talks with Interscope and their parent company all this time to remove the song.  I doubt that a song like that can be removed that quickly and needs to be agreed on by various executives for it to happen. 

Maybe Gaga only posted about R.Kelly and the song because she only got the go ahead signal a few days ago.  

From reading the article, it said they were consulting with the streaming services too.  While I'm sure it was an easy decision, it was probably one that had to go through a process too.  She probably didn't want tot say anything until she knew it could be done and would be done right after her statement was made.

The vinyl is still available on Amazon in the US. It's not sold by Amazon, but you can get it.  You can buy it new for $22.90

she/her/hers

SHALLOW
19 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

I think she sees the overall message of the song in any version as distasteful now...especially after TIHTY and her very open discussions on abuse in recent years. She even admits the song was written in bad taste and dark place in her life...

So dont expect any version of the song to be released again...

But she didn't delete the Xtina version. It's not fair that we have one of our fan favorites taken away like that. WE WANT THE SOLO! 

FlopSlurper
28 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Did she? My streaming service still has the xtina one

it's not on youtube

AJRocketMan

I really, really hope she’s only condemning the R. Kelly version of the song. During the ARTPOP era she explained countless times what the true meaning and reasoning behind the song was. And she recorded it during the time from about October 2012 to about February 2013 (a rough estimation given the information on the song that’s available). As she explicitly stated, it’s about the planet’s negative perception of her and how they try to destroy her career via shallow and tasteless articles about her appearance.

Thankfully, I have purchased ALL versions of the song that aren’t remixes (both explicit and clean). However, if she deletes the Xtina version, then this will really prove how much she has regressed intellectually and artistically, in favor of morality and popularity. Whatever happened to critical thinking skills and using your imagination? Art isn’t supposed to be skin deep.

I am not condoning the R. Kelly involvement or verse, but am talking about the original incarnation and intention of the song (the solo version). Now, I only keep the R. Kelly version for novelty reasons—I don’t listen to it anymore.

eifulien

Anyone else annoyed at how they low-key applaud Interscope's decision to help her in this moment??? Like has BB forgotten DWUW was served as a second single exaclty by their orders? It could've been that cute bop used for the Beats headphones commercial, Venus would've got a proper video for which Gaga had an idea. Instead she was pushed to the limits by her label to think of a video for DWUW and yeah, we know how that turned out... :saladga:

vitoburrrito

I have always been interested in the music industry, so these types of things are super interesting. Thanks for posting! 

I find it interesting that other songwriters don't have a say.

2 hours ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

Anyone else annoyed at how they low-key applaud Interscope's decision to help her in this moment??? Like has BB forgotten DWUW was served as a second single exaclty by their orders? It could've been that cute bop used for the Beats headphones commercial, Venus would've got a proper video for which Gaga had an idea. Instead she was pushed to the limits by her label to think of a video for DWUW and yeah, we know how that turned out... :saladga:

Exactly. I would’ve preferred a beautiful Venus video filmed by Ruth Hogben like originally planned.

But we got an unreleased mess.

BYE

derpmonster
6 hours ago, Runway said:

Gaga doesn’t own her masters confirmed 

That's for the overwhelming majority if not all of signed contract label artists. 

It's a trade off. You get much more exposure and marketing in exchange for legal rights. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

SchwineLove
8 hours ago, PrincessVenus said:

so then why was everybody saying that he'd be getting royalties on Christina's version:oprah:

Because they were all misinformed, and it was getting corrected at first that R.Kelly would get royalties from Xtina's version, claimed as fact, when turns out it isn't, you know netizen nowadays, f***ing annoying.

SchwineLove
5 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

But she didn't delete the Xtina version. It's not fair that we have one of our fan favorites taken away like that. WE WANT THE SOLO! 

I download it from youtube the first day Gaga release her statement lol

Archived