Jump to content
Apple Music
opinion

As suspected, the DWUW controversy became bigger than it really is

Featured Posts

That J
50 minutes ago, tomsches said:

it's not even becoming a big thing, I don't see anyone talking about it except for GGD

This honestly. Once I realized the common listener was supporting her and the only negativity came from his lawyer and this fanbase, I moved on from it.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River
27 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Lemme stop you there. Black women are upset because black women are usually not cared about when it comes to things like this (being raped, turning up missing, murdered, etc) so when it took gaga this long to address the situation, it felt like she was just another white woman not genuinely caring about black women. We know gaga cares about all women but I think we should also listen to the criticisms from these black women to do better and speak out on these issues quicker. 

But you can't say that my statement is wrong and please don't need to take it to a bad place, sorry if you felt that way, it's not what I was aiming for! I just feel that it's part of the big problem that black women who were raped and sexually assaulted has to deal with in the black community, this is a one big skeleton, but when the target is Gaga, it's to give another slap to the victims, it's to turn the spotlight from the victim to a celebrity.. and honestly, where are all the black celebrities, no matter if they worked with him or not, all of them needs to raise their voice about it!! it's just hurting to see this that no one is raising their voices..

Maybe I'm not a black or a women but I'm a victim and nobody cared about our color or gender when they raped us, so this issue is pretty close to me and it's painful to see the silence from people who were supposed to be the first to raise the voice..

So really, if what I'm saying may offend or something, I'm sorry about that because it's a very deep subject and sometimes I'm not thinking twice before writing and it may look like I'm attacking.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZacharyMark
1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

Kendrick threatened to take his music out of Spotify if they removed R Kelly's, but everyone is suddenly mute and coming for Gaga instead

Wait, really?....

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Borislshere
3 minutes ago, River said:

But you can't say that my statement is wrong and please don't need to take it to a bad place, sorry if you felt that way, it's not what I was aiming for! I just feel that it's part of the big problem that black women who were raped and sexually assaulted has to deal with in the black community, this is a one big skeleton, but when the target is Gaga, it's to give another slap to the victims, it's to turn the spotlight from the victim to a celebrity.. and honestly, where are all the black celebrities, no matter if they worked with him or not, all of them needs to raise their voice about it!! it's just hurting to see this that no one is raising their voices..

Maybe I'm not a black or a women but I'm a victim and nobody cared about our color or gender when they raped us, so this issue is pretty close to me and it's painful to see the silence from people who were supposed to be the first to raise the voice..

So really, if what I'm saying may offend or something, I'm sorry about that because it's a very deep subject and sometimes I'm not thinking twice before writing and it may look like I'm attacking.

Idk if it might have just been the accounts you saw but the black women on my timeline have been talking about the victims and r.kelly himself. They only attacked gaga because they felt like she was being insincere with her apology and I believe that a lot of it also has to do with the timing. We’re right in the start of oscars season so a lot of the black women I saw talking about her were mentioning that she only apologized to make sure she wins an Oscar. It’s just an unfortunate issue with the timing of this whole thing.

There have been a ton of black celebrities speaking out on the whole situation. Could more speak up? Oh of course. I hope more speak up. R. Kelly should’ve been locked up by now and probably would’ve been had we all spoken up sooner. 

I hope I’m not coming off as aggressive towards you, I completely understand where you’re coming from. It’s just seeing people on here blame black twitter and black people for the backlash against gaga is a bit irritating. I felt like no one was stopping to ask why black twitter felt this way. I’m glad that you understand where they’re coming from and I agree we should be doing more to bring justice to these victims.

 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
janetjackson

The song’s lyrical content makes it an easy removal from Gaga’s discography. I wouldn’t find it necessary to remove if they attracted duetting I Believe I Can Fly, but the lyrics hit way too close to home given the recent allegations. 

I support her. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
River
4 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Idk if it might have just been the accounts you saw but the black women on my timeline have been talking about the victims and r.kelly himself. They only attacked gaga because they felt like she was being insincere with her apology and I believe that a lot of it also has to do with the timing. We’re right in the start of oscars season so a lot of the black women I saw talking about her were mentioning that she only apologized to make sure she wins an Oscar. It’s just an unfortunate issue with the timing of this whole thing.

There have been a ton of black celebrities speaking out on the whole situation. Could more speak up? Oh of course. I hope more speak up. R. Kelly should’ve been locked up by now and probably would’ve been had we all spoken up sooner. 

I hope I’m not coming off as aggressive towards you, I completely understand where you’re coming from. It’s just seeing people on here blame black twitter and black people for the backlash against gaga is a bit irritating. I felt like no one was stopping to ask why black twitter felt this way. I’m glad that you understand where they’re coming from and I agree we should be doing more to bring justice to these victims.

 

Yes this is true, I know that her apology is also to save herself, her brand and well, her Oscar's, what they say it's correct and I feel them, but it just shouldn't be the main issue and the main discussion, it's like wake up, he's still out there doing what he wants, she apologize, no matter if there is a small percentage of selfishness, she did, she's not the issue anymore..

Thank you for understanding, I was not blaming but more pointing out that it looked not so good to my eyes, but at the end I understand them completely and I'm with them!

I really hope that in won't be forgotten once again in the coming days, that we will keep on raising our voices and this big issue to the public until this monster will be locked in jail.

 

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SpeechIess

From all the hate she's been receiving as of the last week or so the groups that seem to solely focus on it the most are SJW's, radical left-wing feminists and stans who are just using the topic to drag her while tarnishing her name. Those of which have been seething and they can continue as the only opinion that matters really is that of the survivors who have applauded her. A good portion of the GP have accepted her apology and seem to be in her corner, so she's winning while apparently "losing". 

1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

Kendrick threatened to take his music out of Spotify if they removed R Kelly's, but everyone is suddenly mute and coming for Gaga instead

Because there is a double standard, especially with stans and others who come at her but can't acknowledge their own faves wrongdoings that equate to Gaga's, yet she apologised and accepted her mistake but it's "terrible" or "not good enough".

People are so confusing. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
retroglamx

Because she is a woman who is not afraid of voicing her opinion and the media is easily threatened by that.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PrincessVenus
1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

Kendrick threatened to take his music out of Spotify if they removed R Kelly's, but everyone is suddenly mute and coming for Gaga instead

okay really fuking problematic we need ta raise awareness on this, because people treat him like a god :triggered:

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NewUsername

one of the radio stations here just said "and now we'll play a song that Lady Gaga hates the most at this moment" and then continued to play DWUW. I think they kinda missed the point ... :saladga:

  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
S0436

Well if she didn’t then it would be dragged up again sooner or later.  She put out the fire and did what she had to do.  

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnnyVersace

It's the story of Gaga's career. Other celebs can collaborate with him, but because it's LADY GAGA, the press goes wild. They love to drag her crazy outfits, her wild performances, and any sort of scandal they can get their hands on.

No one gives enough of a **** about Kelly Rowland, Tinashe, Keri Hilson, Kid Rock, Chris Brown, Jennifer Hudson, etc., to drag them. She's a huge name, and taking her down is what the public and media get their rocks off on. 

Which is exactly what the song is about. You can't have my heart, my mind, and my spirit, but if you must, critique me, my image, and my body. She's the bigger person for having apologized, while the media remains scum for tearing her apart for profit. :vegas:

Edited by JohnnyVersace
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×