💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

As suspected, the DWUW controversy became bigger than it really is

Ronlop

Featured Posts

As some of us initially suspected with Gaga addressing this issue and taking a stand against R Kelly/apologizing (which is a good thing), it blew up to something bigger than the situation itself.

There are still dozens of artists whom R Kelly collaborated with that are not bothered by this & R Kelly is continuing to perform live despite the protests outside his shows. Why is this issue becoming a Gaga thing? 

She did what she had to do. Why is the media & GP questioning the timing or the intention behind her statement? It's kind of irrelevant to the actual situation.

What do you think?

tumblr_mwe7geRKgk1t1rvzco5_250.gif giphy.gif

tumblr_mwe7geRKgk1t1rvzco6_250.gif tumblr_n7ftf8Bx3U1qms2ebo1_1280.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would've preferred this over if she didn't say anything at all and let the controversy dissolve away by itself. No matter what happens, owning up and apologising for your mistake is always the right thing to do and I'm glad she did it.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

FlopSlurper

Kendrick threatened to take his music out of Spotify if they removed R Kelly's, but everyone is suddenly mute and coming for Gaga instead

GypsyBabe

Not sure why Gaga is always an easy target for hate...It’s really a shame considering the type of person she is and her character. 

Perhaps it is because of her image. The fact that she is so vocal on particular issues which could make her more accountable for mistakes in the eyes of the public? With a big voice comes big responsibilities. Perhaps people just like to hate on her for no reason because she is a talented and successful woman. 

Regardless, though Gaga can make mistakes, she always owns them and does the right thing. I’m proud that she said something although I find it downright aggravating that others have not been held to the same standard. 

⚯͛

• Admin changed the title to As suspected, the DWUW controversy became bigger than it really is
tomsches

it's not even becoming a big thing, I don't see anyone talking about it except for GGD

It's actually dying.. those who go against her are mostly black women for some reason, instead of blaming their black men and celebrities for supporting him for years, it's just so easy to find an easy target, a female celebrity, instead of dealing with the skeletons in their community.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

SwissMonster

Can you delete this GIF‘s from the OP, It’s yeah :selena:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Yet here you are making a thread on it making it bigger :triggered:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

TeenIdle
3 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Can you delete this GIF‘s from the OP, It’s yeah :selena:

inb4 Interscope comes here and deletes them first like on Twitter :selena:

jojostanforlife

Because Gaga is easily the biggest and most relevant artist to work with him since like...2005.

SwissMonster
Just now, TeenIdle said:

inb4 Interscope comes here and deletes them first like on Twitter :selena:

Well they better do :excuseu:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Borislshere
22 minutes ago, River said:

It's actually dying.. those who go against her are mostly black women for some reason, instead of blaming their black men and celebrities for supporting him for years, it's just so easy to find an easy target, a female celebrity, instead of dealing with the skeletons in their community.

Lemme stop you there. Black women are upset because black women are usually not cared about when it comes to things like this (being raped, turning up missing, murdered, etc) so when it took gaga this long to address the situation, it felt like she was just another white woman not genuinely caring about black women. We know gaga cares about all women but I think we should also listen to the criticisms from these black women to do better and speak out on these issues quicker. 

thatboyisarobot

I know one thing: making more threads about it will help.

(In all seriousness though, she made a mistake and did the right thing, the timing sucks but anyone who has paid attention to her career transit knows she's an easy target for the Straightz™ media, I can't fathom why anyone is shocked by this.

Archived